Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hills Have Eyes Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and seen this last night and I really enjoyed it. It was 10 times better then Wolf Creek and Hostel put together. It was done pretty much the same as the original except it had way better effects and such. In the first one the mountain people didn't look as bad and hidious as they did in this one.

Loved all the gore!

Emilie was great in it. I knew she would be. Also, it was nice to have a vacation from her accent for once. I don't know why but lately on the show her accent has been getting on my nerves a bit. lol.

So yeah, I enjoyed it. Thought it was great and.......well, disturbing.
It difinitely delivered in the gore department.
I'll be buying it when it comes to dvd.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I definitely can't wait to see it!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
just kate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anya wrote:
Now I definitely can't wait to see it!

me 2. anyway just wanted to check in so u know i'm registered.
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just kate wrote:

me 2. anyway just wanted to check in so u know i'm registered.

Yay!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend works at a butcher shop, and is obsessed with everything WWII (and every other war for that matter...) but even he could hardly stand the ammount of gore in this thing lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I say the gorier, the better
Although I have to admit that my stomach did kind've turn a bit when that one mountain guy was eating organs and various other body parts outta that mothers chest.
But then my stomach got over it like 20 seconds later. lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there was a rape scene that shocked the ones who were under-aged but watched the movie anyways.. O_o
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
My friend works at a butcher shop, ...could hardly stand the ammount of gore in this thing

oh man. that sounds brutal.
But is it just shock for shocks sake?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED this movie. I saw it the night it was released. As a horror movie buff, and as someone who LOVES yummy gore (I know, I know, how sullen of me ), I didn't find it scary. However, if you're a person who can't STAND the sight of blood, torture scenes, or people/objects randomnly popping out of nowhere...yeah, this movie may keep you up at night.

This was quite a refreshing horror movie from quite a few modern horrors, y'know, a bunch of dumb teenagers running around, and just generally not being characters you can get attached to and feel sorry for when they get the axe. I found THHE to be of a bit of a redemption story for the characters (well, the ones who lived), and I found that it was edited really well, so that when certain characters died, I felt terrible, even if the audience wasn't given much time to reflect on these deaths.

And Emilie? Was amazing. She nailed it, and her character was in such contrast of Claire (at least, before she began to redeem herself). I agree with Holly, her American accent was totally refreshing.

Quote:
Apparently there was a rape scene that shocked the ones who were under-aged but watched the movie anyways..

*nod* There was indeed a rape scene. Emilie's character, Brenda, was one of the victims. It sent chills up my spine. How nasty. I could tolerate it, though, and I'l be sixteen in August. I read on IMDB that some people even left the theatre after watching the rape, or even during. I dunno, that never has happened in any theatre I've went to - and I've been to many across Canada - but I guess it's a common thing in America or other countries? *shrug* Maybe I haven't been to as many theatres as I thought, but I have honestly never seen any audience member leave my theatre -- it appears that a lot of people did during THHE. [/quote]
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the 3 different theatres in my area I go to no one ever leaves. Except the woman who thoguht it was a good i dea to take a three year old to see War of the Worlds
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why eveyone is going so postal over that little rape scene. I've seen way worse in alot of other movies. Anyone see the Accused?
I mean it was a horrible scene, don't get me wrong, but then again they didn't really show much so why the hell were people leaving theatres over it? I understand about the amount of gore in it but c'mon......that rape scene wasn't that bad IMO.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly, from the sounds of it you have been very desensitized to violence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I wouldn't be surprised if I was. I've been watching violent horror/thriller movies since I was a wee little thing and I guess it takes alot to gross me out or scare me.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
I don't know why eveyone is going so postal over that little rape scene. I've seen way worse in alot of other movies. Anyone see the Accused?
I mean it was a horrible scene, don't get me wrong, but then again they didn't really show much so why the hell were people leaving theatres over it? I understand about the amount of gore in it but c'mon......that rape scene wasn't that bad IMO.

Nope, it wasn't. It unnerved me because of who was doing it to who, but even so, it didn't reveal much at all. The rape was implied, but you didn't exactly see everything. I don't understand why people left the theatre, unless they had small kids with them. *shrug*

Oh, and, as a lighter note, how awesome was the line "CAN YOU GET ME A TWINKIE?" I loved Brenda/Emilie's brother, Bobby. He was awesome.

PS: Have you seen the original, Holly? If so, was this one better? I'm debating with myself on whether to rent it or not.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! That's exactly what I was saying Michelina, or meant. You know what I mean.

And yea I saw the original like a year or so ago but I didn't like it. Acting was pretty bad in it and it wasn't really scary. At least not as scary as this remake was.
The mountain people in the first one didn't look as gross and hidious as they did in this one. They were ugly but not mutant ugly. lol
Effects were better in this one too. Well the first one was made in like 1977 or 78 so the effects would be better.

So yeah this one was better IMO.
But I say watch it if you liked this remake. You're opinion might be different then mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: