Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here Are 2 Vids That I Made
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Here Are 2 Vids That I Made Reply with quote

I have made requests before, but realised 'hey why don't i give this a shot myself' so here are my attempts which i think are pretty good, but i'm bias

I have submitted them to the "powers that be" here at lost video island but not sure if they will be accepted for the site

but here are the links if anyone wants to check them out.

1. General Lost Video / Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HXB7GZ9KC6Z91UZCJ2UJI92E4

2. Jack + Kate Video / Rain - Breaking Benjamin
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XVNZPSN6AQLG3J6OB7CKEDNRO

Any feedback would be appreciated
Cheers
Enjoy

XOX fallen_angel XOX
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the both of them and they were both good, but I really enjoyed Rain! Great song choice!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm.... You know what? I think those might actually stand a fair chance to get in here I can't make any promises, and I think it might end up as a very close vote, but it's definitely worth a try

Blow me away was a great piece ^^ I enjoyed it. That said, it needed a little fixing up as far as aspect ratio and "messy editing" from WMM are concerned, but nonetheless a very good vid for a first timer. You should fix those up though before you send it in if you're going to, because they can really affect the vote. Btw, where did you get those clips with the really small aspect ratio from (those Sawyer ones). I saw them on some ofther vid too, and what's the site you got them from, because we need to start discouraging downloads from that site LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Thanks for the feedback Reply with quote

Hey guys thanks for the feedback... good to know that ya's liked 'em...

yeh hobbes i agree the editing was a bit sloppy in some parts, so i'll have to work on that...

a lot of the clips that i get, my brother downloads.... coz he has a faster connection than I do, so he puts 'em on a disc and i just save 'em to my hard drive... not sure where he got the sawyer ones from, it was annoying coz of the size but i just made do.

i'll check with him and get back to ya.

i have sent them in already I just figured they hadn't been looked at yet coz you all obviously get lots of vids sent in to decide on. thats why i posted a temporary link just so people could have a sneak peak... whether they get accepted or not.

ok talk to ya's later

if anyone else has other opinions don't hesitate to post.

(oh and if the link has expired, just let me know and i'll upload them again and post a new link)

Cheers
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm downloading your second vid but the first one I just finished viewing and I've got good and not so good comments.

Blow me away

In terms of song selection and general pace of the vid it was great. I liked the scene choice and the way you kept this vid in top gear. So from a creative aspect this vid was A+ or Top Marks! I could watch this over again and again. This is something that you cannot learn it is something that you either have or don't. So you're lucky to have the vidding gift of creativity.

In terms of technical aspect I thought this needed a lot of work. This is not so bad since it can be fixed. There are extra anomalous frames tail ending a bunch of your clips like at 01:06, 01:14, 01:15, 01:40, 01:46, 02:17. The combination of different transitions seems jarring at the inappropriate points. For the fast cuts they work great, but sometimes you use regular crossfades for the longer "slower" parts of the song and sometimes there are harsh chops that have no transition just an abrupt change of clip. Just had me a little jumping when I shouldn't be. The picture in picture small aspect frames is mixed in with widescreen and full frame shots and this also tends to throw me as a viewer which I realize is more of a complication of using WMM and limited to mixed ratio clips but it tends to detract from the vid IMO. The overlays on top of the small picture in picture type clips would work if not for the Black outline of the surrounding frame. And the ending with the water I thought was pretty good but then your credits with your name changes from the Blue water to the bronze beach shot which seemed a little confusing. My suggestion there is instead of an abrupt switch perhaps fade them to transition over.

Despite all the comments I really thought this was a great vid. It just needs some cleaning up. In the comments where I suggest things that may be deemed "artistic license" I am just pointing out what seemed to jar me while I viewed it. Perhaps changing or fading the harshness of the black would help for the picture in picture shots. I like the way you did it but didn't like the black frame. But then again I'm spoiled with a fairly expensive video editor.

I hope I wasn't over the top on my comments.

My lost music vids
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have watched both your vids and JK-Rain was excellent. I am not really a shipper but if I were I would be going crazy over this vid. Great clip choices not too many aspect problems and overall an almost emotionally moving vid. Wow. Thanks for posting your stuff!
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: thanks heaps Reply with quote

Hey thanks heaps for you comments, i don't think your comments were harsh at all.. but very helpful. i'm gonna work on 'blow me away' this weekend so hopefully i can have it up next week sometime for people to view.

Cheers again
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Here we go Reply with quote

ok folks i have just finished cleaning up 'blow me away'

any input would be great... i believe that this is the best i can do without screwing up the whole vid.

does anyone think it will have a chance if i re-send it to the "powers-that-be"???

here's the new link
http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2R6CUZP8LWTI10NLOGIVH2PUO9

Enjoy
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I haven't watched the new Blown Away because I can't download anything on this computer because it's not mine, so I don't know if you should submit that. (Even though, I say go for it if you think it's the best you can do - even without watching it.) BUt what I do know is that you need to submit Rain if you haven't yet. I love that video!
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey superkc

yeh i will definately submit rain, since i haven't really had any bad feedback on that one yet i won't submit blow me away though until a few other people comment on it...

by the way do you know how long (roughly) it takes to have a video viewed by the council members and graded ???

Thanks again for liking my vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know. I've been through the process only once and I got my response rather quickly. But I'm sure it just depends on how many they have to judge at that time, how busy they are in their personal lives, if there's debate over it etc. Probably is different all the time. But I don't suspect it's too long of a wait.

Maybe a member of the council would like to answer that question. Haha.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it gets even one "no" vote, then it ends up staying there for a long time while we wait for one of the other two to break the tie. Otherwise, a vid can often be completely passed or rejected in a day, and often is/are
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd version of Blow me away looks good to me. All the extra scenes are gone and the transition at the end worked well.

For your future vids though I would suggest you extend the vid time at the end where your name is so that your name shows for a little bit longer. You should be proud of your work and let people know who you are. It fades fairly quickly. Nice job on the clean up.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply hobbes, it's good to know how the voting works now

and thanks morelight for checking out my 2nd attempt... i think i'll submit that one in today.

Cheers to all again
vid_deprived

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Your videos Reply with quote

I wish I could give you feedback but it says the file has expired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: