Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carnivale
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Carnivale Reply with quote

Does anybody watch this?
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA5763 Does--and she makes great videos for it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched 2 whole episodes of this show and I am hooked. The last episode was amazing. I don't have anything more intelligent to say about it than that because I have just started watching. I'm completely blown away.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to ask:

Do you know where I could see her videos? I've been scoping out some Carnivale sites but have yet to find any videos.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet. However, I do have the episodes on demand (comcast), so as soon as I get over DEAD LIKE ME being canned I'll give it a try.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for the episode entitled "Lincoln Highway." *dies*
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Watch out for the episode entitled "Lincoln Highway." *dies*

HEY HEY HEY shhhh! LOL You can PM her, I'm sure she'd be happy to e-mail them to you-laura

Jake's Twin
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a HUGE fan of this show and considering doing a vid for it, though I don't have any of the episodes on DVD or on my computer, just been watching them On Demand and on HBO when they come on. It's absolutely glorious!!!!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have to elaborate on this earlier, but Carnivale is a show of great splendor.

How does one describe it? LOL... I've watched every episode and only recently have clarity.

Basically it's about good and evil and a line of phophets that are born into every generation and must eventually battle it out.

Carnivale starts off with a roaming carnivale that makes a strange stop at a farm where a young man has just lost his mother to sickness. They take him in and it becomes apparent that the neither the boy or the carnivale or "ordinary" and their coming together was no accident.

It also follows a priest in California who becomes aware that he too is not an ordinary man.

Both the young man and the Priest have visions of one another and as time goes on you can see their paths will eventually cross.

But anyhow, it's very strange, religous, symbolic, creepy, odd, and just damn good. Also, there's a HUGE number of Seinfield bit players in it, which is odd, but kind of fun.

It's truly a glorious show, as are most on HBO. I highly recommend it to anyone.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen a few episodes of this but can get them on Demand also. I liked what I saw but haven't had the time to catch the rest. HBO sent me a trailer DVD of the show before it started airing and it looked as good as it is.

I like the Priest character but somehow when I watch him although he says. "Yay though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death" I hear There can be only one! Not sure why. THen my neck hurts as though it had a bunch of safety pins holding my head on to my body.

I still have a bunch of Soprano seasons to catch up on too. So much TV so little time.

My lost music vids
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I watch, and as I am broke at the moment, I don't have a site where the vid is posted. You'll have to catch me online. I"m on MSN messenger and Yahoo messenger.

Oh, and not to be all know-it-all-ish... Brother Justin is a Methodist minister, not a priest. Which is altogether strange, cause I'm Methodist, we don't act all crazy like, my minister is married, and we don't call each other brother and sister (my sister's church does and it kinda gives me the wiggins).

EDIT: For anyone interested, here's the URL for my Carnivale vid... so far Laura and KC like it... ps Laura, this is the updated version, with soundbites and very clear picture and even the little HBO logo on the front of it . I try to use the logos if I can get a hold of them.

http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YWUVAZM4SQ930IPH56VLKI753
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the best ep of the season was episode 6 (well, I think that's what number it is...) Outside Damascus... That one had me happy and sad. It was great!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about when Jonesy realized his leg was healed? Oh man that was awesome!!!

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes, that was truly awesome! What a great episode. I so want to catch up on this show. Man! I can't believe I've missed such a good thing!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I've been waiting for Ben and Sofie from day one... now she's with the idiot minister with no soul, pun intended. Sorry, not a huge Brother Justin fan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: