Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When A Stranger Calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: When A Stranger Calls Reply with quote

I got to see this movie tonight as a preview screening and I went into it expecting it to suck but it was actually pretty good. Which coming from an individual that doesn't like thriller and horror flicks says a lot. I'm the kind of person that if I do dare brave one of those movies I wait till it hits DVD then I watch the end first to see who makes it out of the movie alive THEN watch the whole thing (or in the case of the scarier ones watch it in fastforward ).

Anyway, I got off on a tanget for a moment. The actress that plays the lead does an amazing job pretty much carrying the entire movie by herself. To be honest it should have been just her name in the credits sticking everyone else in the normal run through at the end. Everyone else is lucky to have maybe 5 minutes in the entire movie. So while I've never really seen anything this young actress ahs done before she definitely has potential to be something big one day. Hopefully she won't turn into one of those scream queen actors because anyone that can carry an entire movie practically by themselves has a bright future. I mean look at Chris Evans and what he did with Cellular and now he's a name most movie viewers know.

I can't say much for the plot because after a while you really want the thing to just get to the action but looking back I think the build up was neccesary. I don't want to say to much for anyone that might see it but it's a very fun movie to go and watch. I won't even classify it as horror because it is a thriller through and through.

I've heard a lot of bad things about this movie and to be honest if I hadn't gotten a free ticket I won't have gone to see it but I'm glad I got to see it. And having seen the movie I would have been happy even if I'd had to pay for the ticket. It leaves you a bit freaked out to head home but that's always a good thing when a movie freaks you out. After listening to people leaving the theater and talking to my roommate I know I'm not the only one that was left a bit freaked out because what happens in the movie is so real and could happen.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to go check it out and give it a shot. It may not seem that it's worth it but it definitely is. If you like a good thriller that makes you jump then you definitely need to go see this one and if you don't then trust me you'll still enjoy it (you might go home a bit freaked out and double and triple check all the locks in you home but it's still good fun). Check it out and give this movie a chance.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw "When a Stranger Calls Back" when I was younger- scared the SH*T out of me and my sis. Im looking forward to this, glad to hear it was good LC. The lead chick was on the radio this morning- maybe it was the time difference (it wouldve been 4 am Cali time) but she kind of sounded like, not that smart. Maybe shes just young.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: