Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Slither" by icekat55

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: "Slither" by icekat55 Reply with quote

"Slither" 06-19-2006
A Desmond/Sawyer SLASH-implied vid
Song: Slither by Velvet Revolver
Vidder: icekat55
Length: 4:07 (20.7MB wmv)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXApkO4UlFY
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HJWW7C7O
tacoshack27
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this video. You did a great job at choosing the clips, I just thought the pacing was a little off to the style of song chosen.
IceKat55
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tacoshack27 wrote:
I really enjoyed this video. You did a great job at choosing the clips, I just thought the pacing was a little off to the style of song chosen.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to go back & try to objectively study it a little closer, see if I can't figure out what to do differently, in order to keep the flow moving.

I really appreciate the comments!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm not a big slash fan and I totally ship Skate and Desmond/Penny. But I'm a HUGE AU fan and that opener with Sawyer doing his lumberjack impersonation while Des was working out???

*faints*

That was, as they say, HAWT!

Great job! (And if you feel like putting it up some place where it could be downloaded, that would be awesome! )

IceKat55
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Okay, so I'm not a big slash fan and I totally ship Skate and Desmond/Penny. But I'm a HUGE AU fan and that opener with Sawyer doing his lumberjack impersonation while Des was working out???

*faints*

Thank you so much!! I'm not a huge slash fan either (this is my 1st, and only, slashy Lost pairing), and am 100% on board Skate and D/P as well - - but I loves me some pretty pretty Sawyer...and some pretty pretty Desmond...well, that much hotness really should collide!!

Aislynn wrote:
Great job! (And if you feel like putting it up some place where it could be downloaded, that would be awesome! )

Absolutely! Here's a MegaUpload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HJWW7C7O

Let me know if that doesn't work!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start off with the not-so-good and work my way into good/awesomeness if that's okay with you?

Not-so-good: The song is very rock-y (for lack of a better word) and had several noticable beats that you could have matched the clips to. Sometimes the clips dragged on a bit and didn't go with the music. However, that certainly is nothing that you can't work on.

Good/Awesomeness:

Quote:
*faints*

Definitely agree with Aislynn there. The ship was - like - WHOA! My two favorite LOST characters and slashly goodness. And what you said about pretty pretty Desmond and pretty pretty Sawyer is totally something I see eye to eye on you.

And I have to say, in all honesty, the clips you chose to pair up completely made the story believable. The bedroom scenes, the drinking by the fire scenes, where Sawyer and Desmond are in the jungle, and even the end part where Sawyer is sitting by the computer and Desmond comes over.

They were really brilliantly chosen. You most definitely have a good imagination. My only suggestion is working on the beat of the music with the clips.

I hope I was helpful at all here and not just rambling. Overall, I enjoyed this vid a lot.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
I'll start off with the not-so-good and work my way into good/awesomeness if that's okay with you?

Not-so-good: The song is very rock-y (for lack of a better word) and had several noticable beats that you could have matched the clips to. Sometimes the clips dragged on a bit and didn't go with the music. However, that certainly is nothing that you can't work on.

Thank you...this is definitely something I'm trying to get better at, but I'm finding out (the hard way!) that WMM is a b*tch to work with at times, and can be frustrating. This was my 3rd vid attempt, and I think I'm learning more & more as I go...trial & error!

PsychoCynic wrote:
Good/Awesomeness:

Quote:
*faints*

Definitely agree with Aislynn there. The ship was - like - WHOA! My two favorite LOST characters and slashly goodness. And what you said about pretty pretty Desmond and pretty pretty Sawyer is totally something I see eye to eye on you.

Mmmmm, they're yummy boys...and IMO, it's a travesty that they didn't have any scenes together, but I reckon the producers were afraid of hottness overload, and viewer complaints about all the blown up & melted televisions around the world. Ah, well...there's always season 3 to hope for!

PsychoCynic wrote:
And I have to say, in all honesty, the clips you chose to pair up completely made the story believable. The bedroom scenes, the drinking by the fire scenes, where Sawyer and Desmond are in the jungle, and even the end part where Sawyer is sitting by the computer and Desmond comes over.

They were really brilliantly chosen. You most definitely have a good imagination. My only suggestion is working on the beat of the music with the clips.

I hope I was helpful at all here and not just rambling. Overall, I enjoyed this vid a lot.

Thank you for the input & comments (they are sincerely appreciated!), and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
queensofthestoneage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny...try it with this track...
The lost art of keeping a secret by Queens of the Stone aAge...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly for the download link! Yep, it worked great!

And, whoo boy, they're STILL as HAWT as I remembered...

Thanks again!
Lost Freak 4815

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K....

Good video, cool song

But please, everyone, don't make a video that makes characters seem queer - Desmond's cool, I hate Sawyer 'cuz he likes Kate and Jack deserves Kate... anyway, that was very nasty, no offense.
IceKat55
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Freak 4815 wrote:
But please, everyone, don't make a video that makes characters seem queer - Desmond's cool, I hate Sawyer 'cuz he likes Kate and Jack deserves Kate... anyway, that was very nasty, no offense.

Sorry this one didn't appeal to you, but I tried to make it clear in the title that this was a 'slash' (same-sex pairing) vid. I'm not usually into the whole slash thing either, but Des & Sawyer are my two favorite characters, and I just thought they looked pretty together.

And as far as Jack deserving Kate...well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Aislynn wrote:
Thank you kindly for the download link! Yep, it worked great!

And, whoo boy, they're STILL as HAWT as I remembered...

Thanks again!

You're very welcome!

Yeah...they just don't seem to get any less HAWT, do they?
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hottness overload

Ha! You can NEVER have to much hottness

Oh yeah I liked the vid loads BTW. The beginning was the best bit for me though.

Probally cos of topless/angry Sawyer..

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
IceKat55
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Oh yeah I liked the vid loads BTW. The beginning was the best bit for me though.

Probally cos of topless/angry Sawyer..

Topless/Angry Sawyer could NEVER be a bad thing.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
cowtowngirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bi-curious are we there, Icekat?
IceKat55
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowtowngirl wrote:
Little bi-curious are we there, Icekat?

Not in the least. I just like pretty, pretty boys, together or separate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: