Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"You And Me" by Holly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: "You And Me" by Holly Reply with quote

"You And Me" 01-22-2006
Slash: Ive never, ever made a slash video... until now that is. Its a Jack/Charlie shipper vid dedicated to 4 lovely gals who got me completely and utterly hooked on this ship.
Eternally, dreamcatcher, Gloomy & Emma! Thanks ladies!
Song: You And Me by Lifehouse
Vidder: Holly
Length: 2:32 (10.2 MB WMV)

Link: http://www.zshare.net/video/jarlie_youandme_small-wmv.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjtjjly0gzy
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL who would have thought of that one?

Let me just say "BEST JACK AND CHARLIE VID EVER", since that's a given right there

Okay, despite the... odd ship, and the lack of scenes, that was one of the best shipper vids I've seen, and it was done amazingly for what was there. The picture in picture scenes, while usually a distracting thing in other vids, didn't detract from the vid because when you realyl had to pay close attention there was always a great pause and accentuation on the right part. The scenes you used were really nicely chosen or pieced together, and you never overused a scene! That's enough to bring it miles ahead of many ships.
But the best part was this vid completely and utterly was dedicated to the song. Every part where a clip should be changed to fit the beat, you did it, ever part where the music sounded like the camera should be moving, you did it! (While juggling AU scenes might I add...) I doubt many will notice that all but to me that's what makes this vid such good work.

Oh, and welcome back to the world of vidding It's been far too long from our last Holly vid! I worried that the council member position would deter you That's what happened to me for a long time too

Anyway, great vid Holly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lost obsession
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: omg Reply with quote

WHAT VIdEO MAKER DO YOU USE??????? that was awesome!!!!!!!!

visit my site and watch all my videos at :
http://lostobsession.co.nr
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Hollywog! Awesome vid.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant say ive ever thought about jarlie love before...
but now u point it out...

brillant vid.. well done
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

I'm a hardcore Charlie/Claire fan, but now that i've seen this vid....i dunno. I just had to laugh, it was so cute!!! I'm amazed no one has thought of this before...VERY nicely done with the clips put together, it was so beautiful. UGH, i can't get over how amazingly cute/sweet/lovely this vid was! I almost overlooked it, but i'm glad i didn't! BRILLIANT! Heath Ledger and Jake Gylenhall got nuthin' on these two!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes: LMAO! I know eh? Who would've thought?
I'm tellin' ya though, if Jate and PB&J don't work out in the end.....these two just have to get together. Sorry but I just can't hide my love for Jarlie anymore. Now you all know the truth. lol.

Thanks for the feedback H, glad you not only watched it but you liked it too.
I was actually not going to send this in because..... well I just thought no one would wanna watch it, it being a slash vid and all but then I thought why not? We don't have many slash vids on the site so....yeah, thus the reason I sent it in.
Oh and glad you liked the song choice, it just screamed JARLIEEE to me.

lost obsession: Thanks! I use Sony Vegas 6. It's pretty user friendly if you're thinking of getting it. I highly recommend it.
Oh and thanks for the email.

Polarbear: Thanks, glad you liked it Pauly. Thanks for the wb too. It's been a while, I know.

CigarettesYamaha: C'mon now, fess up, you must've at least once thought about them? They're just too cute together not to have. Hehe!
Thanks for the sweet comment.

Lostaway: Hey I'm a hard core C/C shipper as well but, however, theres just something about these two snuggle bunnies that makes me squeeee everytime they're on screen together. I don't know what it is about them, they're just too adorable!
Thanks for the compliments too, glad you decided to watch it. Means alot to me that you did.
Lostaway wrote:
Heath Ledger and Jake Gylenhall got nuthin' on these two!

LMAO! So true.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well done, Holly! Not a slash fan but I DO love beautifully done vid manip and you TOTALLY rocked the house with that. I loved how you really pulled off a convincing "Jack is pining for Charlie, Charlie is pining for Jack" storyline.

Excellent use of the whole split-screen/pic-in-pic/whatever Vegas calls it effect, like when it looked like Jack was looking back at Charlie and Rose! Just WOW! The ending with Fate on Charlie's fingers was just fabulous!

A beautifully put together vid!

~Aislynn

And I'm so glad that I caught the fact I typed "Jake" one of those times. Oy. Yes, Charlie and Jake, that's where it's at...
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... That was... wow...

Ok, first of all, when I read it was a Jack/Charlie vid I had serious doubts that it would be any good, then I read Hobbes's review on how much he loved it and decided that perhaps it's worth a try, eh?

And it sure was worth it! That was a very well-edited (to say the least) and original shippy vid! Which is quickly becoming a contradiction in itself, by the way, "original shippy vid". It's not always you see something out of the ordinary when it comes to shippy vids but this one sure is and I mean that as a very good thing.

(I hope I'm making some sense here)

I'm not a fan of the song, I'm not that much into slash (or at least not Jack/Charlie anyway), but I sure love a good vid! Great job there, Holly!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CigarettesYamaha
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:

CigarettesYamaha: C'mon now, fess up, you must've at least once thought about them? They're just too cute together not to have. Hehe!
Thanks for the sweet comment.

Oh, ur so right... they;re love is so beautiful, i cant help but think about it all the time..

Lostaway wrote:
Heath Ledger and Jake Gylenhall got nuthin' on these two!

^^ i completly agree
Arjay369

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video, Holly. Nice work on the editing.

Hey, has dreamcatcher made any Jarlie videos cuz I have one with the song Sparks by Coldplay and found it on the Lost-Forums posted by a dreamcatcher. Just wondering because that was a good video too.

Great work, Holly!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn: Awww....thanks a ton Ais. *hugs* Glad you liked it. Means alot to me coming from you might I add.
Quote:
I loved how you really pulled off a convincing "Jack is pining for Charlie, Charlie is pining for Jack" storyline.

Hehe...it wasn't too hard actually! The looks and glares those two give each other, the affection and the sexual tension! Hehe, it's probably just me though. LOL
Thanks again A!

Di: Thanks Di I'm so thrilled you still watched it even though you're not into slash or the song. lol. The funny thing is I was never into slash either. Not at all! Until Lost came around that is and I started reading fics and such and it was Jarlie that pulled me right in.

Arjay369: Thanks Arjay, hap-hap-happy you liked it.
And yep, Kim (aka dreamcatcher) has made 2 awesome Jarlie vids actually. The Sparks one and another one using the song Everything by none other then Lifehouse. Plus she's written two Jarlie fics (which are brilliant btw) that infact got me into this ship. Thanks Kim my love.

Spoiler from tonights episode: Man though, I should've held off just a bit longer on this vid.
The Jarlie scene at the end of tonights episode was adorable! Jack stitching up wounded and a very beaten Charlie.
*squeeee!!!!*
I was so completely sad during that whole episode, up until that one scene, that one scene just made up for everything! I'm in Jarlie heaven right now. lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUEE!! i love that song! i downloaded it heehee
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bursts into long moronic giggling fit*...

"Can't keep my eyes off of you" I never thought that would ever be relevant to Jack and Charlie!! Haha!

But...that was such an amazing video, amazing effects, and near the end I thought it was rather heartwarming and nice.

And as to what Hobbes said, I can't exactly say after seeing that video that there were a lack of Jack/Charlie moments. I'm even surprised at how many of them there are.

Great video!!!

sig by IslandofMystery
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of slash. Or Jack for that matter. But Jack + Charlie - holy total freakin' SQUEE! THEY ARE SO ADORABLE!

Is it legal for them to be so cute? Seriously...my goodness. The moments you threw together to tell the story of Jack and Charlie's relationship were so beautiful, and the looks you captured between them were just perfect. They totally have man-crushes on each other. Even as a PB and J'er, I can't deny it. This was an excellent, very persuasive video - just WOW. Awesome job, Holly!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: