Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hosting Guide!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Hosting Guide! Reply with quote

http://www.lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php

Announcing the new official hosting guide. Notice how YSI is no longer a valued friend of ours? Ah well, plenty of other sites out there nowadays willing to host your videos for their profit!

And a sidenote: you all can still host on Megaupload, Rapidshare, and YSI after the vids have been sent in for judging. It';s just a pain in the ass to vote with those hinderances is all.

Anyway, enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you're such a brilliant writer Hobbes. My favourite character is Putfile.

Yeh, I think it's a good idea to finally get rid of YSI. Looking forward to trying out some of these new programs too.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow you're such a brilliant writer Hobbes. My favourite character is Putfile.

yeah I know, I'm particularilly fond of Rapidupload. He may be a spaz, but damn he's fast!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but has anyone found a way to DL from YouTube? I like to DL all the contest entries and for the Feb contest there are 3 hosted by YouTube.
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing!?

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think youtube is flash so it's hard to download from. One thing I might bring up with the Council is for contest entries maybe we could ask for at least one download link for the vid aswell as streaming.

*lightbulb*

Didn't Mandi say she would host some vids maybe she could host the contest entries.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing I might bring up with the Council is for contest entries maybe we could ask for at least one download link for the vid aswell as streaming.

That is actually a good idea. There are some great videos that I would like to download...

And yes PB, Meandi said that she would host some videos so maybe she can host the contest entries...

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but has anyone found a way to DL from YouTube? I like to DL all the contest entries and for the Feb contest there are 3 hosted by YouTube.

Yeah I know what you mean I tried every way I could to download it and no luck. But since we're a forum-based society, it's nto that hard to post a second link for the video once it's posted and has its own topic.
Adding a field for an additional download link is a lot of extra trouble apparently, or else we would have ut it in ) sorry guys. I did bring it up with E though, it's just unfeasable unfortunately.

The bright side is this is just for the contest entries, and once they have their own topics people can post an additional link easilly

Which reminds me.... would anyone else really like contest videos to be posted on the site before the final results so people can comment on them? At first, we just wanted vids to be a surprise and whatever, but since everyopne posts their entries in the contest info page anyway it seems kinda pointless to me.

As for Mandi, if she wants to host vids then that sounds good to me! But you'll have to ask her for it personally, because there's no way she can host all the contest vids every month, it would totally eat her bandwidth up
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has given it the all clear. I kinda have access to her webspace so I told her I'll upload them. We will have to ask submissions to have one download link (putfile is acceptable as it is possible to download from.) So if you could maybe organise that Warren that would be great.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys post the contest entries in their own thread after it is over?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is a download link necessary though?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
Do you guys post the contest entries in their own thread after it is over?

yep but the fact that you asked that is proof that it doesn';t really get noticed, and thus the entries don't get many comments hmmm...
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I won't be able to upload it to Mandi's webspace duh! This way we can accept Rapidshare/Megaupload etc.. for the contest entries as long as the link works.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh but wait, what happens to the Youtube ones? And why is it so important that they can be downloaded?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm youtube is banned my final plan is revealed for contest entries anyway. I just need to be able to download to my computer so I can upload to Mandi's webspace.. I'm pretty sure you got that Warren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: