Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Game" - Locke
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: "The Game" - Locke Reply with quote

# "The Game" 2005-03-02
It's all a game to Locke and the others are his pawns. But which side does he play on? Light or dark? You decide.
# Song: The Game by Disturbed
Vidder: Warren (Hobbes)
Length: 3:49 (11.1 MB AVI)

Link: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=LVI_thegame

I love this! The video and the music blended together pefectly. It felt crazy intense, and... gah! Great job, Hobbes.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to know, Is Locke is "evil"
thanks Clio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah >.< so few reviews!

Link: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=LVI_thegame
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*coughcough* YSI link *coughcough*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MTMDWLPOTFAD1JDKUTBITCTU9
I'm not even gonna complain about it being yousendit I'm just happy someone is watching!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sing-song* Thank you, Hobbes!!!

I'm downloading it now. Be back some time this century.

~Aislynn
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! It made it in! (On dial-up, this is always a thing to be celebrated! )

Thank you again for the YSI link, Hobbes! Didn't want to mention that I couldn't get the Putfile link to work (something about my Quicktime having a slight hissy about the AVI format). But I knew that the new codecs I'd downloaded a while back for WMP covered AVI so figured I'd be able to view it that way. And it worked! Yippee!

Anyway, this is about one of the most completely INTENSE vids I think I've ever seen! For anybody who's gotten lulled into thinking that Locke's just this nice, cradle-making, rock-star-drug-rehabilitating guy, you've gotta see this vid! Loved that feeling of absolute menace radiating throughout every pounding beat of the song!

Also liked how you divided up the sections to focus on Charlie, then Boone, then Claire. Really made it a more cohesive story than having them randomly spread out through the vid.

Awesome effects at the end there! And I liked the way the credits bled. It just looked cool!

Over all, I really enjoyed this one and am glad I finally got the chance to see it!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL it's interesting that I did a video that makes Locke look so evil, when I myself really don't think that's the case (though I kinda wish it because that would make such a more interesting storyline )
Thanks for going through the hell of downloading the video just for lil ol' me It means a lot! I'm not all that proud of this video, but I DO really enjoy the last chunk of it, right after Shannon gets eaten lol. right from that part, it starts to get what I wanted it from the beginning, but just couldn't get the effects working righ I blame WMM for wrecking my artistic vision You think he looks evil NOW?! Well he would be even EVILER if WMM didn't crap out on me LOL
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I blame WMM for wrecking my artistic vision You think he looks evil NOW?! Well he would be even EVILER if WMM didn't crap out on me LOL

Wow, I wish I could understand how you feel...

Actually, I didn't think he looked "evil" per se, so much as he came across as dangerous and somebody you do NOT want to mess with. Ooo, me likey... Okay, so I have a bad boy fixation. It's a character flaw, what can I say???

And hey, I never mind waiting around for vids to come in, especially when they're good.

~Aislynn
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was amazingly awesome! That is your best vid! As Aisylnn said, I love how you split it so parts focuses on Charlie, then Boone, then Claire.

That was great!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you!
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new link!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on me that I didn't write a comment on that one by now

Very very cool indeed!! I think that's my favorite one of your vids so far.
As Aislynn already said it's very well done the way you showed the other side of John Locke. As much as I love this character, he's a weirdo and kindo frightening at times with all his island-obession. We can only wait until Season Two (or further) to see what side he's really on.

And it's also great how you showed his connections to the other survivors and how he's able to excercise some influence on them. My favorite part is the "slower" one where Locke gets attacked by Boone.

Ever thught about making a Locke/Jack video? You're quite good at Locke vids and this might be an intersting one.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, KajaM! Pleaseant surprize!

Quote:

Ever thught about making a Locke/Jack video? You're quite good at Locke vids and this might be an intersting one.

I've been looking for a good song for this for a while now. I think that idea would make a great contest though. Recruiting campaign for Jack and/or Locke But either way, I'm the biggest procrastinator that ever existed anyway sigh...
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! This was amazing! The song is just so badass and you conveyed Locke as such a creepy fuck. Awesome job with explaining the characters' situations and how he handles them. Wonderful editing too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: