Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karla (the movie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Karla (the movie) Reply with quote

Ok so I'm assuming that everybody here knows the disgusting true story of Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka. I still can't believe they made a movie of these two sick fuckers! Oh and OMG, what the hell was Laura Prepon thinking? Who in their right minds would wanna play a role like this. You know everything that Karla said was a damn lie and this movie makes it look like she was the victim of it all. Complete and utter Bullshit!

Just watch the trailer.
http://karlathemovie.net/

I heard today that my town have already decided not to show the film here when it's released and that edit: Burlington (where Kristen French's body was found and is in fact only a 3 hour drive from Brantford, where I live) has also decided not to show the film either. I don't blame them.
I think it's tasteless, repulsive and just plain disgusting if you ask me. I am truely sickened about this movie and I don't think anyone should be making money or fame off of this terrible, terrible crime. I also think Karla should have her ass thrown back in the jailhouse. Either that or I hope that someone offs her. I know it's a horrible thing to say but I truely do hope someone gets her eventually. She deserves to rot in hell for what she did and I'm sure ya'll are thinkin' the same thing.

Edit: had to edit a few things, turns out some of my facts were incorrect.
I remember when these murders happened a couple of years ago and hearing it on the news and I thought the murders had taken place in Cambridge. Thanks for posting that link E, straightened alot of stuff out that I didn't know.

Last edited by Hollywood on Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ug. I'd never heard of Karla Homolka before, but now i kind of wish i hadn't.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack

Damn you Holly for making me look up that Karla Homolka bitch... I wish I didn't...
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought you guys would've heard of her. She's one sick nut eh? Her husband too.

Read in the paper today that this movie is being banned all around Ontario. Now theres a surprise! Not!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read too much about this story but I'm not sure why you'd criticize an actress for taking the part. She probably took it for the same reasons that Charlize Theron took the role in Monster. And look where that got her. It might not be such a bad career move after all. In the very least, it will help her break out of her typecast. But then again, it doesn't even look all that great so it probably doesn't matter either way.

Can't comment on the controversy though.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for one, in "Monster" they wern't trying to make the murderer seem all innocent like are they are in this Karla movie. They are going by what Karla said (script wise I mean) but everybody knows she'a a liar. Hell, even Paul Bernardo stated that she lied about everything and that she wasn't forced to do any of the things that she did. They both knew what they were doing and they did some really sick, twisted and unimaginable stuff. My sister read a book a few years ago for a school project that was based on what really happened and well....I won't go into details but theres alot, I mean ALOT of seriously disgusting and disturbing shit they did to those girls that wasn't released to the public.
Plus, she just got out of jail not too long ago and came on tv the exact same day she was let out and said again that she didn't kill anybody on purpose, that she was forced to do it, blah, blah, blah and she didn't even apologize to the families of the victims. I mean she just didn't look or seem sorry at all for what she did. She litterally showed no remorse.
She's really one cold hearted bitch and thats why I think it was a seriously bad career move for Laura Prepon to take this role.

She wanted to breakout of her girl next door typecast, good for her, but I just don't think she needed to do this part for that. Maybe if the role and the script was even the slightest bit true it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much.

And I never said the movie looked good either, I just said it was disgusting that they made it. In fact I actually have no interest what so ever to see this movie or shall I just say garbage.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i just read about this karla chick... and man, what a twisted sick person... wtf is the world coming to with assholes like this ... it makes me so sad

anyway i didn't watch the trailer... and I don't think the movie will come to australia ... but damn i can't believe people make these sick stories into movies.... what's the bet that she'll get some sort of pay out for the telling of her story and all that... it's absolute garbage stupid movie makers

as for Laura Prepon, I suppose she took the role because it was controversial and a lot of the controversial films get recognised more with awards and stuff.. (eg. monster, brokeback mountain)
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all controversial films get that kind of notoriety, but some do. This is the not the first film who will portray a notorious criminal in a controversial manner and it is not the last that will do so either. It's understandable that this thing hits "close to home" with a lot of people, but I feel that it is important to continue to allow filmmakers to do what they do best and push the boundaries in their storytelling.

We all might not agree on the truths held therein, but we don't all have to. And that's important in this day and age. I hope I'm not the only one (American specifically) who feels like it is more important than ever to allow unpopular opinions to be heard. If we advocate silencing those voices we deem 'bad' or 'wrong' or 'distasteful,' then we might as well advocate silencing ourselves.

There are a lot of people who are upset about and protesting Oliver Stone's (untitled still? perhaps) September 11th project. They say that it is too soon, too distasteful, too disrespectful to the families of the victims. But what people fail to realize is that it is not going to be the first movie made about a tragedy and again it won't be the last. Saying it is "too soon" is kind of rediculous when you think about the fact that there were movies made about WWII when WWII was still going on. And pardon me if it sounds cruel, a LOT more people died in WWII than in the September 11th attacks.

People go so far as to say that he shouldn't be "allowed" to make the movie. What? Explain this concept of 'freedom' to me again?

If someone doesn't approve of a movie, then they have the choice to NOT see it. It's really very simple.

Of course you do have to wonder and question the motives of someone who would make a movie like this which appears (by viewing the trailer) to support her claims that she was just a victim. Who knows, maybe the movie itself will have a different message altogether. Maybe it is using her "side" to illustrate just how twisted she really is?
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I know this topic is like days old but I just saw it... I couldn't help myself, I had to comment!

That is just... I'm speachless! I can't believe there are people who would do that! And now they are making a story like that into a movie... Why would anybody wanna go and watch something like that! Grose!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only problem with the upcoming 9/11 film is that its being done by Oliver Stone.
He makes crappy movies. Didn't see Alexandar, but my friends who did said it was pretty bad. Also, I wonder if he'll take as many liberties w/ the 9/11 project as he did with JFK.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just found out nick cage is going to star in it. yep- i will hate it
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolas Cage? And I thought it couldn't get worse!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: