Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unconventional

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Unconventional Reply with quote

My request is for unconventional pairings. I'm not talking about a load of slash or whatever, but pairings we haven't thought of. Some like Boone/Sawyer... or Hurley/Claire. Maybe grab some scenes that make it look like they're looking longingly into each other's eyes...

Anyway, that's my request. I'm gonna be starting on a Charlie/Hurley one tomorrow, hopefully have that done in a few hours. Then I'll get a Claire/Locke one started. [Trying to search for a good song referring to a cradle for that one!]
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stunned* I thought that I was the only one who'd thought about trying to create a Hurley/Claire shipper thing!

The only reason I haven't made the attempt is because I have very little footage of Hurley and absolutely none of Claire! (Hence making my Hurley/Claire vid very, very short! LOL! ) So, go for it and any and all of the other ideas you mentioned! Can't wait to see how they all come out!

And I'm sorry that I keep forgetting to mention how much I liked your "Somebody Help Me" vid and how it focused on Kate and Sun's friendship. I hadn't thought about how similiar they really are until I saw your vid. Great job!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you poor people and your dial-ups I would say download the whole episodes, but yeah, I guess that doesn't work, does it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek! I remember my days on dial-up. Boy am I glad that's over!

As for the vid. Thanks, quite a few people liked it... and it's not even up on the site yet! I actually managed to get a Charlie/Hurley one done but I really don't like it! It's to "Freaks Come Out At Night" and is funny to a point... but then... it just goes on and on... needs major re-working.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hurley/Claire idea reminded me that after I watched the pilot eps I thought Hurley would get together with her. I guess I fell for the extra portion of airline food as a sign of affection.

Cool idea but not many clips of them together.

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Hurley/Claire idea reminded me that after I watched the pilot eps I thought Hurley would get together with her. I guess I fell for the extra portion of airline food as a sign of affection.

LOL me too! I was surprised it was Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
oh you poor people and your dial-ups I would say download the whole episodes, but yeah, I guess that doesn't work, does it?

Ah, some sympathy for the dial-up downtrodden! Oh, I'd seriously love the entire episodes but I've made the estimate that it would take about 30 hours for me to download just 1 episode! Somehow, I think that somebody here would want to use the phone at some point in there...

So, on that note, anybody got any good clips sites? I've been using josh-holloway.com and evangeline-lilly.net, who have quite a few, thankfully. But, none too surprisingly, they're only Sawyer and Kate-based clips. Kinda makes it impossible to do a vid based on anybody else! (Unless it's the Invisible Man: "Look! There he is, right behind Sawyer and Kate!" )

Ahem, just thought I'd ask...

~Aislynn

PS - I'm still a little tempted to make a Hurley/Claire vid but I think it might be too scary for the good viewers of LVI. 'Cause you know how you make a vid when you don't have any vid clips, now don't you? *mwah-ha-ha*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no seperate phone line? no midnight downloads?! NOTHING!?! LOL

Well... I THINK if you close a bittorrent download (say in the morning after 10 hours of downloading) and restart it, it will continue from where you left off, as long as it's saved in the same directory. So you might be able to get ONE episode lol
Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had dial-up I used e-donkey and it would take about three nights to download... which I guess was about 24 hours in all -- but damn, it was worth it!

Have you ever tried this site: http://www.livejournal.com/community/lost_eps/? You don't need any software, you just download straight from the people. It's easier and quicker. You also have to be a "friend" of the group so just join them to see all the posts.
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread to say that I'm working on a video now that may qualify...does Shannon/Sawyer qualify as an unconventional pairing?

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe it does
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
Bumping this thread to say that I'm working on a video now that may qualify...does Shannon/Sawyer qualify as an unconventional pairing?

Ooo, you must do this vid, Chica! I loooove Sawyer vids and am always on the look-out for a new take on him. I've read Shannon/Sawyer fanfic before but haven't heard of anybody attempting a vid. Their "screen time" together is so limited, I wouldn't even know where to start in trying a shipper vid for them.

*rubs hands together in glee* I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Oh, and I sincerely hope that you'll post a YouSendIt link (or a link to your site, or whatever you've got! ) here when you get done, so that I -- and everybody else, of course! -- can see it! Good luck and applause to you for tackling a tricky, unconventional subject!

~Aislynn
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Ooo, you must do this vid, Chica! I loooove Sawyer vids and am always on the look-out for a new take on him. I've read Shannon/Sawyer fanfic before but haven't heard of anybody attempting a vid. Their "screen time" together is so limited, I wouldn't even know where to start in trying a shipper vid for them.

Thanks for the support, guys!

I decided to do a Shannon/Sawyer vid because I'm a stubborn, diehard S/S shipper, and all the Shannon/Sawyer fics are quickly being replaced with Skater, Shayid, and Shoone fics... So this is my fix for a while. As difficult as it is to get Shannon and Sawyer in a scene together, I have a few scenes of them together and am cutting up a few others to end up with the two of them.

Will post a link when it's done!

sig by niki blue
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
all the Shannon/Sawyer fics are quickly being replaced with Skater, Shayid, and Shoone fics...

Yep, I actually had a conversation on this the other day, about how the early episodes had a lot of "feeling out" of the chemistry between different characters, so it seemed like there were a lot of pairings that were toyed around with (Hurley and Claire being one that was mentioned above), then dropped.

I for one didn't see the Sayid/Shannon thing coming, though just by the fact that the choice of women are fairly limited, it was about as logical a conclusion as Sayid/Claire or Sayid/Sun! (Or how about the very controversial Sayid/Rose? ) After all, Kate already suffers from WTMMS: Way Too Many Men Syndrome... Gotta give that girl a break!

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
As difficult as it is to get Shannon and Sawyer in a scene together, I have a few scenes of them together and am cutting up a few others to end up with the two of them. Will post a link when it's done!

Like I said before, I can hardly wait! I love seeing new takes on the characters!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone should do a Charlie/ Shannon one... for the first few episodes, Charlie was like her little slave catching fish, following on bear hunts, etcetera!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: