Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motion Blur Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Motion Blur Help Reply with quote

I have Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a motion blur effect? I know Vegas pro can do it, but I'm not sure if movie studio can.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Vegas Movie Studio 6 and it can definitely do several types of motion blurs (they're under the Video FX tab). There's no blur transition (which is something I wish it had) but you can fake that out by crossfading the two clips together and then putting a blur on the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second.

Is there a specific effect or something you're looking to do? I'll be glad to help if I can!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the video I saw it in, but I think in order to get the kind of motion blur that they had, you had to his CTRL+ALT+Shift to open a special video track, and then you right click on that track for video envelopes, and in that is the motion blur--i think is how they did that.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used much track motion before, mainly because with only 4 video tracks I tend to not one a whole track devoted only to that one effect unless it's something I'm doing through the whole vid.

I had a look in my Baby Vegas just now and when I right-click for the video envelopes, the only options are "composite level" and "fade to color." So yep, I guess only Big Vegas has a motion blur option. Sorry about that!

However, the Baby Vegas's can generally fake out most of the Big Vegas's effects within reason. So hopefully you can play around with the motion blur effect and come up with something that looks similar!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help aislynn! I'll try what you said earlier and see if it gets about the same effect. I figured it was something that only big vegas can do.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have movie studio, so not sure if itll work but in vegas i use control+shift+b or just go under 'view' and check 'video bus track' to get to it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjmack1986 wrote:
thanks for the help aislynn! I'll try what you said earlier and see if it gets about the same effect. I figured it was something that only big vegas can do.

Sure thing, hon! Hope you'll be able to find something that will work for you!

FaradayLinus wrote:
i dont have movie studio, so not sure if itll work but in vegas i use control+shift+b or just go under 'view' and check 'video bus track' to get to it.

*checks* Nope, I don't have a "video bus track" listed under "view." Must be one of those Big Vegas things (or something that's in a later version of Vegas than mine ). Thanks, though! I like to know what's out there, even if I don't have it in my version.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the motion blur thing in my vegas (7) but how do I actually use it?

FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I see the motion blur thing in my vegas (7) but how do I actually use it?

so excuse the crappy pic but once you hit ctrl+shift+b and that new video section thing comes up at the bottom like in the pic, u click the red button (1) that says 'automation settings' and u make sure 'show automation settings' is on. then, on the circled pt at 2, the bottom line lets you increase/decrease the motion blur all at once on the whole video. (top line is for fading) but anyway u want to make indiv points usually, on the video pt, so that ull have diff amounts of motion blur depending on the clip. like in 3, i adjusted the motion blur for specific pts. if theres lots of movement in a clip u want it lower usually, but u just adjust how u want. the purple line is the motion blur amount, red is the fading...i dont know if i explained it clearly enough lol but if you dont get something just tell me
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg wow!! so that's how its done and here I thought people were just excellent at using Gausian Blur or whatever its called Thanks so much!!!!

FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao no, way simpler. glad it helped
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, awesome. I'll definitely be trying this out!

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: