Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Moth and the Butterfly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: The Moth and the Butterfly Reply with quote

Okay, well, I wasn't entirely sure where I should post this, so I chose Fan Art because what I'm about to post is fan-created as well as Lost-related. And please ignore the fact that that last sentence rhymed.

-- The Moth and the Butterfly --

The Moth and the Butterfly is a Charlie/Claire fansite that I have been working on for the past week or so. Seeing as I have only been working on it for that period of time, it isn't exactly HUGE, but I hope you will be pleased with the content - there is more to come [I'm still in the process of uploading more Episode Clips] but other than that, the site is complete - for now, until I add more content.

PLUS, I know that there are plenty of talented people here, so please check out the January-February Contest and submit an entry if you're interested.

Thanks for reading and I hope the site meets your needs for a Claire and Charlie resource!

Love,
Michelina
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is one really well-made site! If I was a C/C fan, I'd definitely head over. great job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Wow, that is one really well-made site! If I was a C/C fan, I'd definitely head over. great job!

Awh, thank-you Sir Hobbes! I'm very glad you chose to describe it as "well-made", instead of simply 'sweet' or 'cute' or what-not (although I'm sometimes stereotypical and believe that not many males use those adjectives). Anyway, I'm glad because I don't want this site to advertise that Charlie and Claire are "cute" or "perfect" together, because although they can be cute, they are most definitely not perfect. So, "well-made" seems to suit the site's theme just fine. Yeah. *cough* Sorry, excuse my small rant, and thanks again!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooo gonna enter into the contest!

You should definitely post this contest over at the creative challenges forum at Lost-Forum...I bet a lot more people will enter!

Love the site, too!

And Warren, is it me or are you becoming a PB&Jer?

Banner: Shinythings
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
I am sooo gonna enter into the contest!

You should definitely post this contest over at the creative challenges forum at Lost-Forum...I bet a lot more people will enter!

Love the site, too!

Sweet! You're a great writer, I look forward to your entry.

Ahh, I was thinking of posting the contest at Lost-Forum, but they apparently have this "No Advertising" Rule, which I don't want to go against, unless it is permitted for contests. I'll look around. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm thrilled you like the site, new content should be added soon.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that ruls beenbroken by people both having ads for their sites in their sigs and the fact I lined to a challenge me and Nate had over here.

btw, that site looks beautiful!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LOL you wish Nah, I don't have any concious change to PB&J anyway but I do happen to like a well-done shipper video or site, and this was one of them. That video you may have noticed my review in as one of the best C/C vids would be the other!
But as far as I know, I am no more pro-PB&J than I've ever been.

And I repeat, this is a well made site! lol Just saying it's cute wouldn't do it justice Glad you appreciate a good word
We should affiliate Of course then that means I'll have to update the affiliates page again... oi...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelina wrote:

Sweet! You're a great writer, I look forward to your entry.

Ahh, I was thinking of posting the contest at Lost-Forum, but they apparently have this "No Advertising" Rule, which I don't want to go against, unless it is permitted for contests. I'll look around. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm thrilled you like the site, new content should be added soon.

Just do what Colin did...link your website in the challenge forum but post all the rules for the contest in the actual thread!

Banner: Shinythings
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Well, that ruls beenbroken by people both having ads for their sites in their sigs and the fact I lined to a challenge me and Nate had over here.

btw, that site looks beautiful!

ebizmybef74 wrote:
Just do what Colin did...link your website in the challenge forum but post all the rules for the contest in the actual thread!

Thank-you both for the help! I'll take a whack at it but I'll totally turn the blame on you two if I get in trouble. Very glad you like the site btw, MovieGuy/Colin [yeah, I know you're name. Am totally not a stalker or anything.]

Hobbes wrote:
And I repeat, this is a well made site! lol Just saying it's cute wouldn't do it justice. Glad you appreciate a good word

We should affiliate Of course then that means I'll have to update the affiliates page again... oi...

LOL, no worries. I'd be delighted to affiliate LVI, but you can take your time updating your affiliate page, cause' I know what it's like to not find the time/be too lazy to update a page. I'd put up a code to LVI, but it doesn't matter to me how long it would take you to put up the Moth+Butterlfy code - just to say we're affiliated would be enough. Unless you guys have set some weird, abornormally NORMAL standards for yourself to, you know, actually follow the proper system for affiliation. Meh. Basically, just do whatever you want to do, lol, I should've just said that from the beginning before I confused myself. *facepalm*
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a really nice site! I totally commend you for doing such a thorough job with it! You've covered so many different angles, the characters, the actors, ways to find fanfic, vids, other fans, and, the MOST important, (at least to viddergirl me ) you've got clips! I can't tell you how many times I scoured the Internet when I was on dial-up and couldn't ever hope to download an episode, desperately looking for sites with clips! Who knows, I might've made a C/C vid in those early days if I'd only had the means!

Very, very nice!

~Aislynn
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Wow, that is a really nice site! I totally commend you for doing such a thorough job with it! You've covered so many different angles, the characters, the actors, ways to find fanfic, vids, other fans, and, the MOST important, (at least to viddergirl me ) you've got clips! I can't tell you how many times I scoured the Internet when I was on dial-up and couldn't ever hope to download an episode, desperately looking for sites with clips! Who knows, I might've made a C/C vid in those early days if I'd only had the means!

Very, very nice!

~Aislynn

Awh, thank-you very much Aislynn! That means a lot - I'm working as hard as I can to make M+B a good Claire and Charlie resource, so I'm definitely thrilled that it fits your requirements for a "really nice site", cause' that's exactly what I'm aiming for - to please fans and visitors. Thanks again!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool!!! I finally got round to checking out your site, it's really well made keep up the great work
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
cool!!! I finally got round to checking out your site, it's really well made keep up the great work

Thanks very muchly, Vicky! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this, I didn't realize you had! *ashamed*

Just to stay on topic...Uhhmm...there's...a new layout and stuff up at the site.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol now worries michelina

I LOVE the new layout too, looks great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: