Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NARNIA!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura left us for the land of icon-town. But we still love her. Or, well, I do. I was totally gonna start "Jake's ALIVE!" thread when I saw you lurking to de-lurk you. Who knew it would happen in the Narnia thread.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen Speed of Sound? Otherwise, you may appreciate the trainign video lol. I'm not sure which the last one you've seen has been actually? Horoscope?

Laura left a few months ago and we haven't heard from her very much at all Ah I miss her...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By icon-town you mean Lost Forum or as I like to call it Mod City
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I mean that she doesn't vid anymore and only makes icons. She posts over at Lost-Forum but she also has a livejournal to showcase her art.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I go to the lj... which usually gets the icons a few days after LF has them.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.... but she never visits here anymore though

And in regards to Narnia, it's not like we're trashing a thread, Narnia's trash already
OH! That was a BURN!
nah it was okay, but nothing special.
"Mr. Hobbs goes on Vacation" on the other hand...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I should post in the propper vid forum, but Hobbes, pure gold on Speed of Sound. Holy crap that rocked. I gotta come by more often.

You digital visual is becoming uh, dare I say, inspirational. Very nice.

Sadly, I have to run for now...

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

KC, Hobbes, E: Peace out!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Mr. Hobbs was a great movie.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, butyou have your own thread now! Curses
Well, if you come back, there'll be a thread a-waiting

Thanks for liking Speed of Sound You should check out Lostzilla AKA Nate. He's a first-class shipper for the most part but he's pure gold too beat me out in the first-annual tournament!

Ah well, see ya Jake! Come back soon
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap! it seems Jake came and left while i was typing this post! oh the humanity! Jake you had better back soon!!

um, anyway, I was writing this to get this topic back ..on topic. hey, Its worth a try... here goes.

Let me go back on topic and tell you what i thought of narnia (without mentioning the ape movie!)

ahem. I liked how they set up the context of the story at the begining with the blitzkrieg bombings. It gave the whole thing meaning. Also, i can relate to the sibling dynamics having 2 siblings myself and the children actors were great. This movie is all about subtext. Whats going on on the surface is not what's important. Every scene is a metaphor - which is cool. True, the underlying themes were strongly christian which, whatever your views on christianity, give it an epic and important feel. How you feel about religion decides how you react to these themes, but it's hard not to react at all.

Now let me take a moment to talk about what sucked.

The voice of the wolf sucked.

The voice of the Lion sucked.

THE END
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E - getting back on topic - I couldn't agree more about the voice acting. Something terrible happens in a movie like Narnia when Liam and Madsen are cast as voice actors. I can't get into the moment. I'm only thinking Qui Gon and Mr. Blonde and how cool a movie that would be. No name talent would have made a better choice in my mind.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:

THE END

I really like Liam Neeson
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel wrote:
Enchirito wrote:

THE END

I really like Liam Neeson

I do too! Just not as the voice of Aslan.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats ok then
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I just watched this rental last night. I agree, the beginning scene with the bombings was a nice touch and gave meaning to the movie, and I liked the scenes with Lucy and Thomas, but once they met that beaver I thought the whole movie started to go downward. I thought it would pick up with the pace and get really cool as the movie progressed, but it didn't. It just went the opposite. The graphics could have been much better, and especially the voices.

What sucked most of all was the defeatingly slow dragging pace and the absolute corniness of the script, or maybe even more how they handled the script. It was so stupid that I eventually left the room and permanently stopped watching when Peter was fighting the wolves and the two sisters were caught up in the tree. And I don't think religious preferences had much to do with what I thought of the movie. After all, Lord of the Rings to some extent has some underlying religious subtexts to it, even though it's far less visible than with this one. It was how stupid they made it. Narnia didn't deliver nearly compared to other movies of its genre, and I could get into literature but I won't. I would have nearly died if I had to sit through this in the theater (normally I can't leave stupid movies without the rest of my family).

As for what I liked most about this movie: the trailer. It's a shame that the movie fouled up what could have been a good experience. Oh yeah, and Rupert Everret (the voice of the fox AND Prince Charming in Shrek 2), was a nice treat. The fox was furry and cute.

sig by IslandofMystery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: