Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking over me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Taking over me Reply with quote

Ahm...Hi, everyone!
I'm new here.

But I'd really like to ask something.
Could anyone make a C/C video with the song Taking Over Me - By Evanescence?
I think this song fits a lot the sweet couple.

So...if anyone could be so kind...I'd be reallllllllyyy happy! *laughs*

Tks.

Kisses&Cookies!!
Astarte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, had to laugh about your request, I just saw this very dark and disturbing Hannibal/Clarice vid to it and now all I associate with that song is a very unhealthy obsession...

But you're right, it could fit Charlie/Claire very well and would be a very different song for the two of them! Let's see, if someone is up for this challenge! I am not, gonna watch this movie vid one more time now...
Ronhermion1989
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made one but it didn't get on the site.If your still interested I can put it here
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do! Great video, despit not making it through. It was a close tie between us, and it was more about problems in the workings of the vid that kept it from getting through than the creativity. The creativity was an "A". Very close vote for this one...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ronhermion1989
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the video:http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HWMFML933I8V25BYPVB956YZ8 and hobbes what was the thing that made it not get through so I know what to do next time.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, here's what my post was the first time I saw it:
Quote:
Evanescene makes a great ground for any music video... and I admire the clips chosen by this vidder for their meaning and fitting of the song, it really did work well, especially at the beginning, but after that, it deteriorated and deteriorated... very long cuts for the song, too many talking scenes, and lack of where the song was going on the later parts..

so yes. It had good quality of which clips you chose to use, but those clips would work just as well, if not better, when they're shorter, and to the beat of the music (not JUST the lyrics). Also, talking scenes detract from the song, and there are a few clips with one of those messy frames stuck between them, from WMM. I recommend you fix that in the future by always cutting about .4 seconds from the point where there's a scene change (yes, especially those WMM-made clips), then just try not to use those talking parts (don't worry too much about them though) and don't worry too much about that short clips thing. But never feel like a long clip is NEEDED to show the point. When we watch, even by just recognising less than a second of footage can give us the gist of a 5-second clip. Watch some of the really fast vids to see what I mean.
Again, you have the talent for choosing great scenes. The only problems are in the details like this. If you want more tps or something, then I recommend my second training video on the Submit page, with a few tips of how to ficx the common errors at the back lol
Hopefully I wasn't too harsh there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ronhermion1989
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you weren't to harsh. That was just what I wanted to know.Thanks.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I first read this thread, I keep having the urge to make a really twisted "obsessed Jack" vid out of this song...

A Jack vid from the Official Raving Sawyerette? Now, that's just... wrong isn't it?

But worst of all, I hate doing a vid to a song that, like, 4 other people are already doing. It takes me a month to build my vids, so everybody will get theirs done first and I'll look like a Big Ol' Stinkin' CopyCat!

And, er, this isn't to mention the small fact that this was a request for a C & C vid! (Still no can do on my part -- no Claire footage at all and only a couple of reaction shots of Charlie! Makes for a verrrry short vid! )

And it's a JACK vid, for cryin' out loud! Done by ME!!! I'm fairly sure that's a sign that The End Is Near, people!

~Aislynn

PS - And there's also the fact that I can really see this as a Hannibal/Clarice vid too... Must have been what put my brain on the whole "dark, twisted obsession" route to begin with.

But with JACK??? Oh, maybe I should go lie down or something?
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn you just forced me to imagine a charlie video that looks like a bunch of Charlie clones reacting to each other.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, wait, I think I've got some good clips for that! What song should I set them to, I wonder? Anybody know a song with "reaction" repeated over and over in the lyrics? I can do a killer vid based solely on the reaction shots around Sawyer and Kate! (Being as that josh-holloway.com and evangeline-lilly.net are still my only "go-to" sites for clips!)

I can see it now: everybody doing double-take reactions for an entire 3 to 4 minutes. It'll be great! It'll be revolutionary! It'll be-- not seen on LVI, huh?

I--I'm okay, guys. I think it's just the shock from the fact that I had an idea for a Jack vid... I'll be all right, honest.

~Aislynn

I think I just gave myself whip-lash just thinking about that...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could record your own song and call the video: "what the fuck!?"
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You could record your own song and call the video: "what the fuck!?"

I'd watch it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: