Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
Once LOST comes to an end, maybe we could do a sort of summary/tribute/trailer/whatever of all six seasons?

Also, maybe we could do OC vids.... those who don't have an OC can make a one-off OC *waits for Kat and Eryn's high-fives*

*high fives you* XD Except for the part where my Lost OC is basically unviddable. (Due to my inability to find a redhaired actress young enough to be her. Oh wells. )

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this or anything like it has already been done...

I think it would be cool if we each choose an episode and then edit together a trailer for that episode in the style of a particular genre or a particular director.

For example, you could edit together a trailer to "Ab Aeterno" in the style of a great period piece (think Titanic, The Age of Innocence, or Little Women). Or you could edit a trailer to "Sundown" in the style of an M. Night Shyamalan movie. You could even do a trailer in the style of a 1950's monster movie trailer. There are lots of possibilities.

I think that would be so fun!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiming Hitchcock, if I get time to vid in the near future. (Or Fritz Lang, if Hitch is too unfair.)
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had an idea. So many characters' lives were not explored or even mentioned in the flash sideways, so what if we made AU's showing what all the characters we didn't see/barely saw were up to? Keamy can be a famous cook (lol), MiB could be a cop, etc. Rules could be something like -

-only use characters that we don't know their stories for (so no Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Miles etc. We know enough of their stories) and were in 1-2 FS scenes or less
-you may use footage from other movies/shows
-their lives must be different from their regular time lives, either a little or a lot because the characters were different in the FS

I feel like I'm not explaining this well. xD Do you guys get it and what do you think? You guys could think up better rules than I can off the top of my head, cuz you'd need to worry about characters that still seemed the same but were in only 1-2 scenes like Charlie. Whatever you think, basically an "Untold Stories" FS contest for the characters that were skimmed over.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea Allie when I read your post I went "Richabellaaaaaaa!" out loud

I also like the idea of the episode trailer thing, but maybe just LOST in general, not an episode. Like my latest "The Tick" vid
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, very awesome ideas, Julia and Sassy! (And yep, you explained it great, Sassy, we totally get what you're saying. )

We really like both of those ideas! Thanks so much! ♥♥♥!!!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi-fandom slash vids contest, pretty please! (Whether real or AU, I don't care )

Also, how about one of those contests where you take your favourite fandom and make something completely different out of it. For example, Modern Family as a horror flick etc. Could be fun with so many different fandoms.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that same idea about the genre swap contest Karolina!! Already suggested it to fellow CMs I have a feeling we'll be doing that one at some point
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! I'd really be looking forward to this kind of contest because people come up with the craziest ideas!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, guys, don't mean to be a drag, but I just had another idea:

Maybe you had a similar contest for Lost already, I don't know, but how about some kind of "Zero to Hero - Underdogs & Anti-Heroes" contest where you have to portray a underdog or anti-hero from your favourite fandom and show how he or she became a hero in the end.

I think that almost every fandom has underdogs and anti-heroes who deserve some more of love and appreciation
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not being a drag at all! New ideas are very welcome, I love that underdog idea!! First person that springs to mind is Charlie lol. Thanks for your suggestions!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it!
Yeah, Charlie definitely! Or Hurley! And there are many, many others: Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter, Mickey Smith from Doctor Who, The Lone Gunmen from the X-Files... I'd love to see the various underdogs from different fandoms
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought a single scene contest - now we've got all these fandoms - would be fun! But make it challenging and don't allow it to be an overlaying main scene but ONLY one scene.

Could get rather challenging! xxx
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a crossover; BUT. You have to use clips from only 1 show; and use voice overs from another show. But I could see narrations possible.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VPnymph wrote:
I always thought a single scene contest - now we've got all these fandoms - would be fun! But make it challenging and don't allow it to be an overlaying main scene but ONLY one scene.

Could get rather challenging! xxx

I love this idea!

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: