Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Ideas? Reply with quote

Over the last few month's contest, we haven't had many chances to stray from what we already had planned and just fit right, like the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and w;hatever others I can't ever remember anymore So now we've finally hit the point where we're open for suggestions again Which contest do you all want next? Old ideas and new, so long as we haven't done a contest to it before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering it's the new year how about a vid about the newer characters (tailies/desmond etc.)
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new character contest idea seems better, but what about doing a contest based on the most sad moments in Lost? not all horror and action or owt, just the generally sad bits (i've been inspired by listening to 'Mad World' on the Donnie Darko soundtrack)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohh, I like both of those! If not this month, we should definitely try those out in the future. (like the sad one after somethign really bad happens to the survivors or something)

The characters one has really good timing for this month, but I'm a little sceptical is people can pull off good videos around the lesser characters. But hey, it's worth a shot.

I've been thinking abotu a contest in one of the next months, maybe we can have a contest where people take popular lost theories of what the island is and represent each them to a vid. Might be neat because someone from the Lost communiy might actualyl use those to convey theories and whatnot... hmmm...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh the new characters one sounds great, i'd like to see a rose and bernard one.... it would be so sweet, but it would be difficult having to use little footage

i can also see that there will be a few mr eko vids ... he has quite a fan base growing here coughKCcough lol it's too bad 'the 23rd psalm" won't be on til mid january (is that right??) coz there'd be great clips of eko then

and i like the idea of a vid that interprets the island and it's theories.... it might be a difficult one but i reckon it would definately be interesting to see what people come up with
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all of these ideas! They're all very appealing. I had a challenge idea myself...

Since we *are* entering the new year, I think it would be a cool contest for vidders to make a video showing different characters' "resolutions"...possibly showing the mistakes they made in their flashbacks, and then how they redeem themselves on the island, or how they take advantage of a chance at a new life. It might seem kind of dull and simple in writing, but I think it would be challenging for people to find the exact right clips, and to make redemption look as convincable as possible.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I agree! You should DEFINITELY have a contest where everyone makes videos dedicated to Mr. Eko... what? That wasn't a suggestion? Oh, well it is now.

I don't have any other suggestions for now. Maybe like a PSA, or an "Anti-drug" or a "most wanted" advertisement? Something like that. It does appear we've got more than a couple of criminals in our midst!
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebizmybef74 wrote:
My idea would be to do like a Lost Fashion Island thing. Plus sizes for Hurley, even oversized kids clothing for Walt. The always fashionable cargo pants for Kate, etc. etc.

Does anybody get what I'm saying? I think it'd be cool.

Banner: Shinythings

Last edited by ebizmybef74 on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that sounds awesome Liz
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heheh nice ideas For me the alternate character one seems to be the winning one so far How would you all feel about a "Best Training Video" contest?
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be an awesome one Warren... but just one thing.... your not allowed to enter

lol just kidding it would be great to see people tackle that one thats for sure
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Oh yes, I agree! You should DEFINITELY have a contest where everyone makes videos dedicated to Mr. Eko... what? That wasn't a suggestion? Oh, well it is now.

*votes for that*

Uhh... I'd suggest a contest idea except for the small fact that I really suck at suggesting contest ideas...

There are some really awesome ideas already suggested here, though, so I have no doubt that whatever y'all come up with, it'll produce some killer vids!

~Aislynn
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see more comedy videos. If you have a contest to see who can come up with the funniest comedy video. Ya know, play around with audio/video and see what comes out. I'm sure a lot of the talented people on here could come up with some really funny stuff.

phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two ideas today.

1. Take a song that is not really a shippy song and make it into a shippy video. For instance, don't use a song that has lines like, "I wanna kiss you," and blah blah blah. Instead use "I Dare You To Move" or "Bouldavard of Broken Dreams," etc.

2. This one might be a little easier... for some... What we have to do is take at least two songs and splice them into a well edited and organized medley and use the medley in a video.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas phoenix! They might be tought to implement with rules though hmmm....

Yeah, we need some more humor vids here heheh, I've gotta ask E abotu a Lost Out of Context contest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: