Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i agree with the crossover idea. id love to do a LOST/Roswell or LOST/Gossip Girl crossover since those are the shows Ive been watching lately.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossovers take a lot of work, though, so I expect it would be more than likely there will be some extensions needed. But I do love Crossovers and think it would be a fun contest
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossover contest would be fun!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J'adore le crossover idea! Crossovers are like crack to me!

sweetevangeline
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Freya wrote:
J'adore le crossover idea! Crossovers are like crack to me!

Et moi aussi
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been thinking about ideas for November contest recently. How about a season 6 trailer, potential scene, etc?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U love the potencial scene idea ;D It's always a lot of fun creating a totally your own and new scene ;D Also, was there ever the epic scene contest? Like picking up one scene and making a vid that explains it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MariaPurt wrote:
U love the potencial scene idea ;D It's always a lot of fun creating a totally your own and new scene ;D Also, was there ever the epic scene contest? Like picking up one scene and making a vid that explains it?

I dont think there was an epic LOST scene one but thatd be cool. i like that idea.

Also maybe there could be a contest where you must choise one character who is dead/potentially dead and make a vid for them. not a character study more like tribute vid about anything, just centered on a specific dead character. there are so many deads in the show now thered be alot of options.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaradayLinus wrote:
MariaPurt wrote:

I dont think there was an epic LOST scene one but thatd be cool. i like that idea.

Also maybe there could be a contest where you must choise one character who is dead/potentially dead and make a vid for them. not a character study more like tribute vid about anything, just centered on a specific dead character. there are so many deads in the show now thered be alot of options.

I'd like that. I'd love to do an Ana-Lucia video, and I've got a Jacob one just started.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MariaPurt wrote:

OMG; i totally suggested this idea to the CM's recently I saw a comp for it on YT I love the idea

FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in December (so itll be done before LOST comes on in January) we could have a season 6 promo contest?
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should definitely have a Lost Season 6 Preparation contest in December.

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost actually starts on Feb 2 according to all sources I've seen So maybe for January!

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two simple ideas, but since I've got Byrne and Eno's 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' on the CD player right now, I had to suggest:

* Instrumental song contest.
* Non-English song contest (no textual translations allowed besides the title--you have to connote the emotion of the song through the pictures to the largely Anglophone 'Lost' audience. To make it fair, it can't be a language you already speak, either.)

I'm 99% sure the first one has been done already, but also pretty positive the second one hasn't been. Since I'm probably one of the vidders most driven by lyrics, I think this would be a good, if difficult, challenge for people like me.

Also, has the standard American Idol cliche been done yet: 'Choose a song from your birth year' (can't be from a musician you've already used, to avoid, say, me choosing Elvis Costello, haha)? I'd be struggling to avoid Hall and Oates, but still had to put it out there.
NepEnut
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Non-English song contest (no textual translations allowed besides the title--you have to connote the emotion of the song through the pictures to the largely Anglophone 'Lost' audience. To make it fair, it can't be a language you already speak, either.)

Oooo...I like this idea!!

I actually came up with an idea of my own recently....it might be a little difficult, but what about a kind of Shakespeare contest? People pick a play and then re-create the plot/re-tell the story with lost footage....it'd have to obviously be an AU or trailer kind of thing. It's basically the same idea as the novel contest a couple months back, but just with a Shakespearean slant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: