Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea, Hobbes...limiting vidders, for example, to a few choices of song to work with. That'll be a fun challenge

my idea is...not fantastic ...but inspired by a vid I'm working on now and the fact that I've seen quite a few of these floating around. I'm new here, sort of, though, so I'm not sure if you've had a contest for this before, but what about an AU Crossover contest with the stipulation that more than 50% of the clips used have to be Lost clips? *shrug* Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of limiting the contest to a few songs or musical genre. For example, I haven't seen a lot of vids to rap songs... could be funny and challenging. (And I'm not necessarily suggesting rap songs... I'm not a fan of the genre but there's some I like...)

Another idea (and maybe it's because I'm lazy and I could potentially re-submit two vids of mine) but often the storylines on the show aren't told in chronological order (I'm thinking Jack's marriage, Kate with the Marshal, Claire's abduction, the virgin mary statues, etc.) A challenge could be to put those storylines/Event in chronological order... Or even if they're in chronolical order, they often spread out to a few episodes....
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm new here, sort of, though, so I'm not sure if you've had a contest for this before, but what about an AU Crossover contest with the stipulation that more than 50% of the clips used have to be Lost clips?

Sorry, but we have had that contest already lol but good idea nonetheless.
http://www.lostvideo.net/contests/contest_2005_05.php

Quote:

Another idea (and maybe it's because I'm lazy and I could potentially re-submit two vids of mine) but often the storylines on the show aren't told in chronological order (I'm thinking Jack's marriage, Kate with the Marshal, Claire's abduction, the virgin mary statues, etc.) A challenge could be to put those storylines/Event in chronological order... Or even if they're in chronolical order, they often spread out to a few episodes....

I'm not sure I'm following you. Think-up a way for the flashbacks to be in chronologial order..?

Quote:
For example, I haven't seen a lot of vids to rap songs... could be funny and challenging. (And I'm not necessarily suggesting rap songs... I'm not a fan of the genre but there's some I like...)

LOL now THAT I really like many of us hate rap, yet we'd be forced to try and make some good vids out of them (and in the process, train some newcomers on the merits of beat use a skill known by far too few ) genius!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally love the song limitation idea. I mean, "Space Oddity" was wicked and quite cool. A weird song, but very challenging. So, yep, I'd love this one... either that people would have to do a vid to a certain song or a certain type of music. (Rap --> pure genius! )
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that song limitation idea. The "Space Oddity" contest was great.

I've got an idea: A season three recap contest, using clips from the first two seasons.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
I've got an idea: A season three recap contest, using clips from the first two seasons.

Not funny! Well yes, it was funny, but still --> not funny!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, season four then...or maybe the final season.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I'm not sure I'm following you. Think-up a way for the flashbacks to be in chronologial order..?
Not necessarily a flashback but more a storyline... for example: The virgin Mary statues. Start with Eko buying them, then Boone and Locke finding the plane/statues, Sayid showing the statue to Charlie, Locke taking away the statues, Sawyer stealing them from the hatch, Jack using one for Libby and then finally Vincent bringing one statues to Charlie and him getting rid of them. Something like that.

Oh I am *so* doing the statues' journey, contest or no contest!!! If I can ever finish that recap vid...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone already made a rap video (kind of) that's one of my favorite Locke videos EVER.

http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1037

I've actually been trying to work on a rap video lately..... a funny tongue-in-cheek rap song.

cylune wrote:

I used to have phases once in a while when I was bored enough to think of the idea of editing the entire show in chronological order. Starting with the earliest flashback, and all flashbacks up until finally the plane crash.

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

if people were creaitve enough to make their own plot instead of just putting in random explosions and yelling to a beat, then ending with "LOST: SEASON 3" like every one of those other trailers then maybe it could work . Somehow I fear the level of creativity though lol.

Quote:
Not necessarily a flashback but more a storyline... for example: The virgin Mary statues. Start with Eko buying them, then Boone and Locke finding the plane/statues, Sayid showing the statue to Charlie, Locke taking away the statues, Sawyer stealing them from the hatch, Jack using one for Libby and then finally Vincent bringing one statues to Charlie and him getting rid of them. Something like that.

Ah I see Cool idea! Would it work for much more than the Virgin Mary statues though? I'm trying to think of some....
And yeah, you should totally do that idea whether or not we do the contest lol.

Quote:
Someone already made a rap video (kind of) that's one of my favorite Locke videos EVER.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking of when cylune said rap I still love that vid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Ah I see Cool idea! Would it work for much more than the Virgin Mary statues though? I'm trying to think of some....
I can think of a few... the Christian storyline... not only did he appeared in Jack's flashbacks but in Ana's and Sawyer's as well. Sun and Jin flashbacks. Their story in HotRS and ... in Translation were told from both point of view. It would be nice to see them put together.... there's the Kate flashback, the Hatch storyline, the Henry storyline, the Michael/Walt story line, the Desmond storyline. I think this could be sort of the opposite of AU vids.

And I'm sort of a neat freak so I like to put everthing in order.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh interesting I see now.
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a big idea. Well, it may or may not work, but I'll just throw it out there.

Lets say we have a video contest where you're required to choose a Lost character that you hate the most (or could care least about), and find an aspect or side of them you could vid about, their past, whatever, and it HAS to be sympathetic. Because right now I'm suddenly finding redeeming qualities in two characters I usually just hate (season 1 main characters). It's really....interesting.

sig by IslandofMystery
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea to me!

oh, problem is... I don't hate or dislike any of the characters. But there's one I don't care much about... so yeah, it could work!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's to stop people from making a vid about the redeeming qualities of their favourite characters instead of their least favourite?

Otherwise, I like it. Sounds like the kind of vid everyone should be doing anyways, regardless of contests, constantly. You hear me people? Go do them! Chop chop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: