Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LVI: Orientation" by Hobbes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i was just gonna say... whoever did the voice over did a great job .... so great job

i think it was handled really well, it gets the point across and it doesn't sound offensive at all
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this was the secret project Billy wouldnt about to me or Jess

Excellent vid Warren Great idea having it be watched Jack and Locke
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid Hobbes, really good for all newbies. I liked that you mad Billy's vids with WMM, since it sorta proves that ya don't need a really fancy vid program to make a good vid (although it can help lol). And Billy is awesome, you should do another one with Jess.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! You finally finished it Warren. Ok, got downloading right now.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! "OMGDOM!!1" I love Billys shirt! I have one just like it.
That was awesome H, I think this will come in very handy for our new vidders. I didn't think it was offensive at all either. Man, I just wish this was around back when I used to suck ass at vidding. Took me a couple months before I got better. LOL.
Anyway, Awesome idea for a training vid and great job making it too.
You're awesome Warren!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Billy is indeed the star, isn't he? I assure you, Billy is real. can';t you see him Paul?

Thanks for the compliments on the voiceovers Vicky I tried so hard to make them sound goofy that instead they sound congested

Yeah, my mom liked that too MG Crazy ol' Locke, always eager to learn!

Marcus: Yes..... WMM.....
I assure you, if there's another one, there will be a Jess I made the newbie a boy because I couldn't think of a good newbie girl name that's perfect.

Holly: Thanks! I hoped someone would catch the t-shirt LOL

Thanks all of you it may be a training video, but it still takes forever to make so comments are much appreciated
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tmk1224
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by tmk1224 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome! *applauds*

And glad to see Billy finally made it into stardom! I always knew you could do it, Billy!

sig by niki blue
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren, you're amazing. I think Billy should be an LVI mascot, actually! But the training video came out amazingly, and I was actually really interested in the C/C video towards the end.

As humorus as this is: all new vidders take it seriously and edit according to this!

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Hobbes said we needed a new training video, i was like "what's wrong with the old ones?"
But THIS training vid is just on a whole nother level! Well done! this should be an invaluable resource for ALL vidders. Not just lost vidders, EVERYONE.

Personally, I've always felt if you don't vid like this video describes, why vid at all? The amazing thing is how this vid PERFECTLY captures my attitute toward vidding as an art form. brilliant!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video, Hobbes. And very helpful, thanks!

[:with every choice, you change your fate:]
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*furiously taking notes* Excuse me, Billy, could I borrow another sheet of paper? Thanks!

Oh man, Warren, that was brilliant! Just brilliant!!!

I loved the original training videos but this just summed everything up into one nice, neat package and did it with style!

One thing that really impressed me was how you were able to accurately show the CC vid in three levels of proficiency. But the, uh, bad thing? I really want to see the "Iris" CC vid! So... When's "Billy" gonna send it in?

I can't even imagine what all must have gone into animating something like this. In fact, my brain is spinning in circles even as I'm trying to type. Wheeeee... Ahem. Sorry. Needless to say, Billy is as cute as a button! Yes, the shirt was the first thing I noticed! However, I completely expect that, if Billy ever gets a female counterpart, then she'll have a "I heart Sawyer" t-shirt. Otherwise, I might pout. -->

Back to Billy, though. I loved his expressions! I actually watched it though one of the times just to watch how he reacted. One of my personal favs: the XX over his eyes when he learns that the second vid was good but too similar to many others out there. Awww, poor Billy!!!! *hug*

*realizes she just hugged an animated character*

Uhhhhhh... Moving on.

Okay, now bookending the vid with the scenes of Locke and Jack watching the film was just fantastic! I loved how you even saw the LVI: Orientation title over the Dharma one in the scene! Ooo, I covet that ability, you know... Anyway, when Locke concluded with, "We're gonna need to watch that again," I nearly lost it! I swear, he and Jack were just SO into learning how to make their vids better...

Back to serious for a minute... It really should be mandatory viewing for anybody thinking about making a vid. You covered all of the important bases yet did it with humor. Grade A+++!

Gee, every time I think you can't surprise me... Loved your narration, too! Awesome!

Overall, wonderfully done and thoroughly entertaining!

~Aislynn

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you! I didn't know how these would be revieved, but I'm realyl glad that you enjoyed them. Despite the humor, this is how I actually do feel regarding the videos too. A lot of artistic talent goes into each and every one of these, and some could very-well lead to future careers in film editing and other such fields, so why not vid as originally and best as you can?

Special thanks to Aislynn for being the first to actually mention the video in that video lol Suprisingly enough, the "good" sections to that video topok longer than everything else in it combined, INCLUDING the animation. I actually finished this in its entirety in just two days, then took another two days to get it rendering properly without my computer exploding about ALL the layers it had to render
Yeah, I was worried someone would ask to see the Iris video I don't think I have the srtength to make a whole vid to that song though just not enough story to the song to do it. Though I did like how that last section turned out

Once again, thanks you guys! I just wanted something that could inspire some vidders to do all it takes to get CPs, but I didn't expect to get all these great comments in the process thanks!

Also, any newcommer who has any questions regarding this video, please feel free to ask.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
island_chick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sooo good. This is the frist time I've posted a comment and you had to be the first! It was really funny and since im a noob to creating music videos ill definatley use your video to help me..... the ending was my personal fav.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! and glad I could help! I'm looking forward to seeing your vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: