Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serenity (Firefly?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Serenity (Firefly?) Reply with quote

http://www.serenitymovie.com/

Even if you guys haven't seen the series Firefly, I would recommend the movie Serenity. I feel like it is definitely within our realm as lost fans.

Has anyone seen it? There are so many good things about it that I wouldn't really know where to start talking about it but if anyone else does haha, I'm sure I'll be full of comments.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want to see it but haven't yet. (The whole budgetly-challenged thing, ya know... ) I always felt bad that I didn't give Firefly a very good chance way back when...

~Aislynn
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren ought to be proud of me. I typed "Firefox" instead of "Firefly" the first time... It's official! I'm a Mozilla convert!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a long list of people waiting to get Firefly in at the library. It loooks good. I saw the DVD of Serenity today. But, I'll wait til I see the series to see it.
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niki blue (my best friend) and I hit the local Wal-Mart at one in the morning to buy a copy. Then we watched it.

Then we spent the rest of the night cursing Joss Whedon's name.

It's a great movie. It's a fitting end to the series. Nevertheless, it makes me want to do very bad murderous things to Joss Whedon.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar."

sig by niki blue
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking of seeing this at the movies... but didn't get chance to

I've never seen the tv show, do you need to know anything from the show to get the movie???????????????
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the series. The movie was pretty good too
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to watch the series to get the movie because it is a self-contained storyline. Everything you need to know, they made sure you did. The only thing that might be a little bit confusing from the start is everyone's relationships with one another. But they do a really good job of letting the audience know how all the pieces fit together so if you're paying attention (which, hello, you're a lost fan) you will have no problem catching up.

Watch the gag reel. It's hilarious. For some reason whenever they would screw up in a few of the clips they would shout, "Summer!" Like a curse or something. Haha. I don't get it but it was cute.

Oh and about the leaf on the wind! I know! Joss has always had his gears switched partways to evil. That being said... I really liked where he "took" Mal in this. Very dark but perfect for him. If you watch the deleted scenes, there's this great moment when Mal asks Inara why she left and then she asks him why he didn't ask her to stay. I liked that. I also loved River's "my turn" moment. How great was that scene? I mean it was terrible, you think okay, everyone is going to die. This is terrible! And then you're just like, "nope, just river. wait, WHAT? River can't die! wahh!" Hahaa. She rocks! That hero shot when those doors open up at the end. Amazing. Wow. Okay now I need to watch it again.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats good then, i think i'll rent it when it comes out along with "Anything Else"
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought everyone might be interested to know. Joss is writing Wonder Woman and the role is yet to be cast. I just took a listen to some of Joss's commentaries. In the deleted scenes two seperate times, Joss hints that the actress who played Inara in Serenity and Firefly, Morena Baccarin, is his choice for wonder woman.

1. He mentioned that a lot of her scenes were getting cut due to no fault of her own and suggested that he would be making up to her in the future.

2. In another deleted scene he said that they had to cut a scene of Inara teaching young companions to shoot bow and arrow because it looked too much like Wonder Woman and then he says "pause for irony...... end pause."

Taken together I'd say those are some pretty big hints there! Not to mention the fact that it's been said that he's looking for someone who's relatively unknown.

A little unrelated to Firefly/Serenity, but interesting none-the-less.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh I heard this, their have been so many rumors flying around about Sarah Michelle Gellar and another was Kate Bekinsale but apparently she has said that she's not interested
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I just watched this again along with a few episodes of Firefly on DVD.

Quotage ensues:

Serenity

Wash: "This landing could get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die."
Mal: over intercom "This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulance and then explode."

Jayne: "She is starting to damage my calm."

Mal: "I am taking your sister under my protection here. Now if anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears."

Jayne: "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid."

Wash: "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence or is this the wrong crowd?"

Zoe: "So... trap?"
Mal: "Trap."
Zoe: "We going in?"
Mal: "It ain't but a few hours out."
Wash: "Yeah, but remember the part where it's a trap?"

Mal: "You know what the first rule of flying is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say."
River: "I do, but I like to hear you say it."
Mal: "Love. You can know all the math in the 'verse but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home."

Firefly

Mal: "Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just?"

Mal: "There's over 70 earths in this 'verse, and the meek have inherited not a one."

Jayne: "I married me a powerful ugly creature."
Mal: wearing a dress and bonnet "How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?"
Jayne: "If I could make you prettier I would."

Mal: "Ah, the pitter-patter of little feet in combat boots... SHUT UP!"

Wash: "Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What will she do next?"
Zoe: "Either blow us all up or rub soup in our hair, it's a toss up."
Wash: "I hope she does the thing with the soup. It's always a hoot and we don't all die from it."

Wash: "When did this become not funny?"

Simon: "Are you Alliance?"
Early: "Am I a lion?"
Simon: "What?"
Early: "I don't think of myself as a lion. Might as well though, I have a mighty roar."
Simon: "I said 'Alliance.'"
Early: "Oh, I thought you said. That was weird."

River: "They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see sky, and they remember what they are."
Mal: "Is it bad that what she said makes perfect sense to me?"

Wash: "Oh, my God. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing? Oh, right, that would be me."

Mal: "We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Wal-Mart gift card as a Christmas gift, so what I do? Buy a copy of the Serenity DVD, of course.

And now I'm reminded yet again of the fact that not only is Whedon a genius, he's an EVIL genius. Evil. Evil.

What? No. I'm not bitter. Not at all. Why do you ask?

*goes off to comfort self with toy dinosaurs*

sig by niki blue
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil genius, but really likeable too. Don't believe me? Watch that intro on special features. Makes me wanna give that man a hug (while silently putting a "Kick Me I killed Book and Wash" Sign on his back. Terrible guy, that Joss. But there is so much love there.

They made a movie about the fan involvement with this thing. It's called done the impossible. It's kind of geeky, but yeah here's the link http://www.donetheimpossible.com It's not out yet. The trailer is alright but the "interview highlights" thingie is a good watch. I think I might check it out whenever it eventually comes out.

Sad thing, I have been watching a lot of my Firefly DVDs lately and the more I do, the more I am disappointed in LOST! Haha. So hard to live up to!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
a spoiler thingie

No WAY! That's just...wrong!

Don't worry, I'm horrible about looking up spoilers for movies I know that I'm not gonna probably get to see until they come out on cable. I'm too impatient, I just can't wait that long! I just haven't looked this one up yet.

*shakes head*

That's just really wrong, man!

And in case the whole spoiler thing bothers you, just remember. They say the mind's the first that goes, so by the time I DO see this movie, I'll probably have completely forgotten that they did that, uh, spoiler thingie.

But it's still way wrong!

~Aislynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: