Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x18 - "Numbers" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: 1x18 - "Numbers" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Since last weeks episode thread was so well received I'm starting up the thread for tonight's episode.

Episode information taken from http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html

Numbers

gs: Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau) Lillian Hurst (Carmen Reyes) Archie Ahuna (Tito) Derrick Bulatao (Diego) Joy Minaai (Reporter #1) Michael Adamschick (Lottery Official) Ron Marasco (Ken Halperin) Dann Seki (Dr. Curtis) Maya Pruett (Nurse) Ron Bottitta (Leonard) Jayne Taini (Martha) Brittany Perrineau (Lotto Girl) Achilles Gracis (Orderly)

When Hurley becomes obsessed with the French woman and heads into the jungle to find her, Jack, Sayid and Charlie have no choice but to follow. Meanwhile, Locke asks Claire to help build a mysterious item.

Hurley has a flashback of a huge life-altering experience before coming on the plane, the number-one thing Americans dream about, but that it ended up being the worst thing that could have happened because the experience was cursed. It hurt everyone he loved--and that curse is tied to the island. Plus, Boone and Locke continue their work on the hatch.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so psyched for tonight's episode. Yup, thats all.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to work tonight so I probably won't see this for a couple of days. Le sigh.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I have to work tonight so I probably won't see this for a couple of days. Le sigh.

I work too, but my co-worker and i have an agreement--I can leave at 7:50 if i get the episode on dvd to her by friday--its a beautiful exchange really.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so not my favorite episode. What was with Charlie reacting like a madman?

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrr... the spoilers kinda ruined it for me... I didn't get surprised at all the entire time >.< I'm gonna try and stop from watching any previews of next episode or anything...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These spoilers for the following week are annoying. All the best parts were given away as Hobbes mentioned. Boo on that.

I felt like this episode left me feeling something was not right. The characters seemed odd starting with Sayid accusing Jack of stealing the map and having Hurley do his "dirty work" to Charlie constantly calling Hurley a "nutter."

When they panned out from Hurley hugging booby-trap girl I was sure I would hear a gunshot. I'm glad I didn't but it could have worked there.

Blah - now we have the Lost hiatus!

My lost music vids
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saving moment of the show was when Hurley drove a yellow hummer pumping gansta rap. Everything else was ehh. Charlie whines a lot LOL-laura

Jake's Twin
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't feel good enough to make up for this long wait... Hurley's character didn't fit at all with parents like that (1: they were SKINNY, 2: They were cruel, hardworking, with NO sense of humor AT ALL)
that Claire/Locke thing was kinda cute, but I guessed what the object was from the start and then there was the rest of them...
In addition to what MoreLight said, I found it kinda weird why Charlie, after just leaping to his safety from the bridge, when he was all excited, like "I'm okay! I'm okay!" he suddenly just turns on Hurley like that, semed displaced...
Sigh... I HOPE it was just the spoilers that ruined it... I'm being afraid now...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we got a damned Amber Alert (I feel so sick and guilty for saying it like that) during the scene where Hurley was visiting the woman in Australia and missed something.

She was talking about the numbers and the beans and the drive home. A car ran right into them and then.....

AMBER ALERT.... cut to...

Claire in mid conversation to Locke about glue.

I hope they find that kidnapper and rip his balls to shreds.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you POOR boy >.<

want me to explain what happened, or would you rather wait for the download to start up?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of Jebus explain!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellllll... it turns out that since that day, that man had been cursed as well, and eventually put a bullet to his head to stop it. You do know about the signal coming from across the Pacific right?
Well I'm not sure exactly what happened there, but anyways, after Hurley and Charlie passed the bridge, Charlie wanted to know why Hurley was acting this way, then JUST as he was about to tell him, they were fired upon by someone in the trees, and of course started running. Hurley fell down, and got up to see Danielle poking him with her gun. Then this big conversation happened between them with Hurley whining about how nobody knows anything, and wanting to know what those numbers mean (her numbers were the same as his lotto ones of course) She said she didn't know. Her ship went after the signal, thinking it was a rescue signal (that's how they landed on the island) and they never found out what they were, but Danielle went up to the signal on the black rock and changed it, putting her message there instead. that, and she admitted that they were cursed, somehow causing some kind of mental rest in Hurley, who finally had someone who believed him. Then he hugged her and almost squished her ^^
Meanwhile Charlie stumbled upon Jack and sayid at the wreckage of Danielle's camp (she blew it up by setting it to a trip wire btw, in order to escape them finding her) and they were all scared, then Hurley walked in and handed Jack the battery, saying to Sayid "she say's 'hi'"
and so they went back...

not sure how much of that overlapped or w/e, but w/e
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it. I'm with Laura about the saving scene of the episode. That entire Hummer scene was the best from the beach walk to the beat of the radio to the moment Hurley gets out of the truck. The worst part was the snapping sound when Hugo's mom slipped off the curb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: