Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video Advice Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Kitty
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Video Advice Needed Reply with quote

Ok, I had a go at my trailer contest entry for December, it's on Vidilife and I know I need to do more work on it because its a bit jumpy in places, but can anyone help me by thinking of other improvements I could make to it?
One of my problems is a couple of the clips are too dark, but there isn't much I can do about that.
I just feel the vid itself could be better...

http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=F7A73556-A53D-42E1-BD0B-7
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it's too late 'cause the vid's kinda...not there anymore. Sorry I didn't see this before. I would've at least tried to give an opinion!

Now, whether that would've been helpful or not... I dunno!
Zombie Kitty
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, I forgot about this thread, I re edited it a bit and submitted it with the new link but forgot to put the new link here, I'll just go get it...

http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=media.play&vchrMediaProgramIDCryp=F56469AC-F3FF-41CB-8126-6&action=10

There! Sorry about that, I had something else to doas well but got sidetracked by Red Dwarf fan videos and listening to clips of the orignal Starlight Express album... Oh yeah I'm supposed to be uploading a downloadable version of 'What The World Needs Now'
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't know this was your Bond trailer! I thought the original one was really cool (did I comment on it somewhere? My brain's so fried right now. Anyway, I hope I did! ).

The thing with the dark clips... Now, a lot of people will tell you that if your monitor is set properly, then the clips aren't too dark. Me, I see 'em pretty dark. However, that's certainly not anything I hold against the vid. The only thing you can do is increase the brightness on the clip, trying to bring out some contrast. However, that often turns things a weird washed-out gray, so you have to sorta take each case on a clip by clip basis as to whether its better to alter it or just leave it alone.

A couple of times the clips faded in and out so quickly that it was hard to get a glimpse of what we were supposed to see. Again, that might just be me, so it's certainly no big deal. The clips had to be short to fit to the music but what I try to do in times like that is not put the fade in/outs on it too much, that way we get maximum "seeing" time per each clip. If that makes sense? Again, this is just me.

I really like this idea. I can SO totally see Sawyer as Bond! Great concept and the music made it just fantastic!

And gee, I really hope that you still wanted suggestions on it... 'Cause if not then boy is my face all -->

I really liked it!

~Aislynn
Zombie Kitty
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nah, the suggestions are good, I agree with them mostly, I kind of went through a major fading phase of vids which you can tell by watching some of my red dwarf vids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: