Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anyone else...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Is anyone else... Reply with quote

No offense, but is anyone else sick of all the fangirl love surrounding Charlie/Dominic? I'm a fan of both the actor and the character, but ye gads! It seems to be a little bit out of hand at some forums.

The Charlie/Claire love tends to sway in the annoying direction for me as well. I mean, they're cute and everything - but c'mon. Give it a rest!

*this post is not a reflection of the feelings of the LVI staff and are the sole repsonsibility of SuperKC. Hehe, like my disclaimer? Fangirls can get nasty!
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you're saying. I mean, I love Charlie/Claire on the show, and I think they're both excellent actors. No doubt, Dom is a shaggable man. But it is really weird and obsessive the way the "liekOhMG!!1" fangirls idolize.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the disclaimer LMAO! Yeah i can see your point. It is a bit overwhelming, but I gotta say a huge chunk of viewers were Lord of the Ring fans tuning in to see their favorite hobbit. Of course this is just my theory-
I've always loved JJ Abram's shows. I am obsessed with Alias and have been since day one, but it just never found it's audience. I bet you if he stuck the other hobbit in there Alias would be right up there in the viewership.
Am i off track? The whole C&C obsession is because they are cute-the idea of them is cute. Every scene i see with them I have an inner AWWW. Cute isn't everything though---for the 7937498429 fans of C&C it is.
There ain't much you can do about the C&C obsession, but smile nod and run away.-laura

btw you really do post the best show/whatever posts. Hope i didn't offend you with my meditating/jewel reply--i'm everything, but serious.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you Laura! I try.

I'm starting to fall in love with this community because A) Love the videos. and B) all the other lost communities are so HUGE. This one is just specific enough that the posters here are fairly regular (& sane) and I can actually recognize many of your names!

Regarding the C&C love. If I hear the words "peanut butter" one more time, I will choke the nearest unsuspecting victim. Cute? Yes. Worth obsessing over? How many different ways can you say no?

But then again, I don't even like peanut butter itself... maybe if it were blackberry jam? (No. Probably not.)

"OMG! No she di'nt! WTF? C&C 4eva! PEANUT BUTTER!"

Well, yeah, I kinda did.
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

"OMG! No she di'nt! WTF? C&C 4eva! PEANUT BUTTER!"

LMAO Snap snap to that.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanut butter!!

Just kidding. ^_^

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had the pleasure of reading the fangirl googoo stuff. My theory is it has to do with their bloody accents. Right cute it is. Chuckles with his soft southern English and Claire with her (I have no idea about Australian regions) Aussie accent.

It was only when I glanced at Lost-media.com's pic of the moment that I saw a LOTR poster and thought...Oh yeah! he was a Hobbit. Now he's a Lost Hobbit who sniffs play-dough.

My lost music vids
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do I love the fact that you called him Chuckles?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo true that C/C thing!! LMAO

Want to know a deep dark secret? (everybody has them, according to Lost...)

I didn't know that Dom was the same guy from LOTR until "Solitary" episode 9, when I went on the forums for the first time
I'm serious! I liked Charlie from the show, thought he was an interesting character, but never knew he was also Merry the hobbit! The beard threw me off I think

The worst thing about this fangirl stuff is it ruins the character. Dom was trying to break into a little bit more serious acting rather than just a comic relief Hobbit which seemed to be his basic description. And this role is so different from that (he just friggin killed a guy!!!!!) that it's just not right to bring that seperate acting background to the character of Charlie. It's not even fair to him he probably really doesn't want to end up as a pathetic background character on some Russel Crowe movie (), so all this fame is more just killing his acting career than helping it LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting theory Hobbes. All the fame is killing him! Killing him!

I knew he was from Lord of the Rings but that's only because I'm a big fan of the books and the movies and I'm a dork who watches special features and stuff. Plus, I used to frequent one of my favorite sites in the world: Elijah Wood is Very, VERY, Gay

http://www.veryverygay.com/elijahwood/ewivvg.html

There were hobbit-lovin' theories all around those parts!

I hope, as I'm sure that everyone here does, that Lost as a show lasts a long time. (And continues to be made well, of course.) So assuming that it does and that Charlie is around to grow and evolve, and the fangirls grow up and drop out of high school and start families of their own - by that time, hopefully Dominic's career will amount to a little more than funny hobbit guy. (Even though Merry kicks all kinds of witch-king ass.)

Besides, he did just FREAKING KILL A GUY!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LMAO BEST SITE EVER!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
And this role is so different from that (he just friggin killed a guy!!!!!) that it's just not right to bring that seperate acting background to the character of Charlie. It's not even fair to him he probably really doesn't want to end up as a pathetic background character on some Russel Crowe movie L

Aww! Poor Billy Boyd.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Plus, I used to frequent one of my favorite sites in the world: Elijah Wood is Very, VERY, Gay

I agree with Hobbes! Great site find SuperKC! The best part was the letters/flames to the webmaster!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately the letters:

Quote:
To: < veryverygay@hotmail.com >

you know what, i just fell on your crap this mornin' and you should be really dumb to tell this bull of shit on Lij, and all the rest of the cast!
you're really pathetic and i blame you!
nadi

God, I hate falling on crap, too. Sorry 'bout that. What I have to wonder, though, is what exactly am I being blamed for? The crap? The bull of shit? The gayness of Elijah? Global warming? Somethings remain a mystery, I suppose. B

Also, "Elijah with baked goods = gay."

Wow, how off-topic has this post become?
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Wow, how off-topic has this post become?

happens all the time

Jake's Twin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: