Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Method to Your Madness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, Super KC is a she.

wOops.

-Hobbes (he)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched those two MoreLight, and I have to say, that is friggin amazing what you can do with a vid
LOVE that scripted one. The pop-ups are like the cherry on top of a delicious sundae ^^

I'm hungry now.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to make a video, but I can tell you how I "dream one up".

Once I have found a song that I think would be a good one to use, I start listening to the song over and over and over again. I 'spose I do experiment with clips, but I do it in my head and not on the computer. I imagine what scenes would go good with what part of the song. Sometimes I even write it down, a whole outline of the entire video. Since I never seem to get a video made, I have lots of time to think them over. But now I know what song I'm going to use for my first Lost video (my first video period actually). And I have the episodes downloaded. I can actually make this one. I have pretty much the entire video in my head. All I need is access to Windows Movie Maker 2, which I can use at my dad's and I'm going to his apartment this weekend. Finally, after three grueling weeks of waiting to make my video, I will be able to. I'm pretty sure I've already listened to my chosen song about 900 times, so I think I have the video well planned in my mind.

I don't know if this is a method I would recommend, cause not everything you imagine is going to look good when you're actually making the video. I'm really hoping mine will turn out okay though. Actually, I'm hoping it will turn out better than okay but we'll just have to see.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hobbes! The pop-up thing was my vid version of Emeril's Cayenne pepper - *BAM. As you can see I'm a little obsessed with Farscape and getting obsessed with Lost now.

Last soul I think you've hit upon a very important part of vidding and that is listening to the song so many times the images appear and you just have to go hunt the clips down to match your vision. Creativity (clip choice, song choice and matching actions to beats) for me is 85% of the vid with the extra 15% for clip quality and special transition effects. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I look forward to it too.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: