Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Congrats to LOST, Matt and Naveen on your GG-noms!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Congrats to LOST, Matt and Naveen on your GG-noms!!! Reply with quote

Not too unexpected, LOST was nominated as Best Drama at the Golden Globes next year.
And FINALLY! Matthew Fox gets some acknowledgement for his stunning acting on LOST as Jack: he was nominated for a Golden Globe as Best Actor in a Drama! Go Matt!
And also, Naveen Andrews was nominated as Best Supporting Actor (on TV) for his work as Sayid on the show. This is his second big nomination he's gotten playing Sayid. He was also nominated as Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series at this years Emmys.

CONGRATS!

Anyone have any oppinions? Personally, I wished for Josh Holloway to get a nom for his role as Sawyer, 'cause to me it's an outstanding work. But apart from that, I think they made a pretty good choice.
(though - I am PI**ED OFF that FOUR "Desperate" actresses got noms! They are NOT THAT GOOD! )
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to LOST, Matt and Naveen on your GG-noms!!! Reply with quote

meandi wrote:

I wished for Josh Holloway to get a nom for his role as Sawyer, 'cause to me it's an outstanding work. But apart from that, I think they made a pretty good choice.
(though - I am PI**ED OFF that FOUR "Desperate" actresses got noms! They are NOT THAT GOOD! )

I agree that Josh Holloway should have been nominated... He is realy great as Sawyer... And I also agree that Desperate Wives getting four nominations is wrong... What about our girls? Evangeline, Maggie, Emilie? I really don't like that show!

Last edited by Anya on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupid desperate housewives!!!! oh well go Foxy!!!!!

i am actually suprised Terry O'Quinn didn't get a nom, i'm not a huge locke fan like some people here but Terry does a really great job on portraying him
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Congrats to LOST, Matt and Naveen on your GG-noms!!! Reply with quote

Anya wrote:
... And I also agree that Desperate Wives getting four nominations is wrong... What about our girls? Evangeline, Maggie, Emilie? I realy don't like that show!

Haha, I don't think there's anyone at LVI that likes that show at all!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does Naveen get the nominations? I don't know acting well, but I've never felt that Sayid was anything special, largely due to the fact that he feels really fake to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Why does Naveen get the nominations? I don't know acting well, but I've never felt that Sayid was anything special, largely due to the fact that he feels really fake to me.

yeh i find that weird too.... don't get me wrong Naveen does a great job but as I was saying above Terry O'Quinn certainly deserves something for his performance as Locke
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naveen is great but... I'm starting to thin kthey are noming him because he plays an Iraqi on the show. It seems like they nom him because they don't want to seem like racists or something.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say that but wasn't sure how to word it without it sounding bad.... I think all these awards shows are rigged anyway.... i mean all four of the desperate housewives.....c'mon!!! i'm going for the chick who i have never heard of in the show i've never heard of lol
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't like saying it.

DH sucks. I said it before I'll say it again. Sorry if I upset you Warren.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm glad you did, so i could agree

oh thats right Warren bats for both teams doesn't he
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does Holly
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not holly too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

I think he gets the noms for Sayid because Sayid is Iraqi and Naveen is British - now that's one hell of a difference, and personally I think he does a great job as Sayid, you know, doing the accent and all... and Sayid and him are VERY different, right? But sure, I think that Josh or Terry or anyone else might be more fit for a nom, but I'm still very happy for Naveen. Though, I would like to have seen a woman from the show get nominated!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

I disagree. I think his performance, while understated, is one of the best on the show.

There are a lot of great performances, and yes it is unfortunate that the girls were overlooked, especially Evie and Yunjin. I personally think that out of the season one male cast members Matt, Harold, Daniel and Naveen gave the most stand-out performances. In MY eyes and in that order.

So while Naveen wouldn't be my FIRST choice (harold harold harold!) for actor in a supporting role, he's on my list.

Desperate Housewives is one of those shows that gets overrated and consistently overnominated. Think Sopranos, West Wing, Sex in the City creed. (Out of those, Sex in the City is the only one that OCCASSIONALLY deserved all of its accolades, and even then it was stretching it.) It sucks, but it's nothing new. It's not just LOST that got overlooked because of that mess D.H. I think the cast of Grey's Anatomy are putting in better and more believable performances. But hey, if you want to weigh talent in lipstick, DH has got 'em all beat.

Also, William Mapother's performance was amazing. If they nominated guest stars, he would be my top choice. Excellent, Believable, Dark, Intriguing etc. Too bad Charlie went all trigger happy. Stupid Charlie.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Also, William Mapother's performance was amazing. If they nominated guest stars, he would be my top choice. Excellent, Believable, Dark, Intriguing etc. Too bad Charlie went all trigger happy. Stupid Charlie.

I *heart* KC.

*mumbles* ...stupid trigger happy Charlie...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: