Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Windows Movie Maker!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about Windows Movie Maker, when and if I ever get it working again. I've never made a video with Windows Movie Maker, but I have experimented with it before. Is there any way I can skip around in the video? Like, say I know what clip I want to use for a certain part of the song, but not the next part. Can I skip that part of the song without it putting the next clip I want to use there? I don't know if what I'm saying is making sense. I know Windows Movie Maker is a drag and drop editing program. I just want to know if it allows gaps in the videos, cause I could never figure out how to do it.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware you are not able to do this with WMM..

Perhaps you could drop a blank still into the parts that you want to skip and then come back to it.

The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing. I just don't know if it will let me replace the blank stills with actual clips afterward. I 'spose I could just make the video over again once I figured out what clips I wanted. I always gotta make things more difficult.

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... what I do for that is colour a picture pure black, then import that, and put it in the place where you want blank. Then you can just replace that later when you want to. Call me the resourceful WMM loser
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Importing a black picture is exactly what I do. So you can replace it then? How do I do that?

*~The Last Soul~*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... I guess you just look at how long it is later, once you're ready to replace it, write that down on a spare piece of paper, and then delete it and put more clips in there, but make sure they equal that same ammount of time

It's very hard to do anything non-linear in WMM, it's much easier to just go straight through
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but doesn't the next clip move to the left if you delete the one before it?

*~The Last Soul~*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but that's why you write it down
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. *feels stupid*

Right.....Thanks.

*~The Last Soul~*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMM is a very bad piece of software yet I cant seem to be able to gravitate away from it into the depths of the unknown like Premiere...
*feels stupid*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premiere is glory beyond words. It takes getting used to and is picky about taking Lost episodes (I convert them), but once you know it, nothing is better.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Premiere but I am a big proponent for Sony - Vegas. Not the watered down Movie Studio, the big guns Vegas.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=914

I've got Vegas 4.0 but it is still amazing. A little pricey but probably similar to Adobe's Premiere in that area.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have briefly explored Vegas, because I acquired DVD Architect and that... uhh... came with it. LOL. It seems like a quality editing software. DVD Architect is glorious.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally started making my video. I'm at my dad's house so I can use Windows Movie Maker now. But WMM keeps freezing up on me. Why would it do that? It was working fine at first, but now it freezes up every time I try to change my collections. Does anyone know what the problem is?

*~The Last Soul~*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMM will freeze up when ever you do anything >.< does it freeze when you try to import a LOT of collections at once, or does it do it with only one?

I recommend you try to take it easy on it, one at a time, and if that doesn't work, it's gotta be a codec error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: