Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Windows Movie Maker!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Problem with Windows Movie Maker! Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with my Windows Movie Maker. More like a problem with my computer actually. My computer has to keep being restored, because it keeps messing up. The internet will stop working, the D drive doesn't work, yada yada. My mom just restored it again yesterday, and I added Windows Movie Maker to it that I had saved to a cd beforehand. When I double-clicked it to enter the program a gray box popped up saying moviemk.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point WMCreateReader could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL. I don't know what's wrong with it. When we restored the computer last month I didn't have any problems with my Windows Movie Maker, and I had put it back on there using the cd I had saved it on. I'm wondering if the problem now has anything to do with me pressing the End Process button on the ctrl-alt-delete thing. I didn't mean to, I was just really frustrated because Windows Media Player wasn't working right. I really want to make a Lost video but I can't because of this problem. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Or am I going to be forced to restore my computer again? ( )

Sorry for such a long message. Big thanks to anyone who actually takes the time to read it.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't have anything to do with the older version of Windows Movie Maker would it? I have both versions on my computer. Well kinda, Movie Maker 2 doesn't work. Would having them both on my computer make one mess up? They seem to have the exact same files, and the exact same file names. Man this is screwed up.

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can tell you it has nothing to do with pressing ctrlaltdele-because i do it all the time. Do you run your computer off WINDOWS XP?

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have Windows XP. I didn't just press ctrl-alt-delete, I clicked End process, and then something popped up saying I would mess something up if I said Okay and I pressed it anyway like the dumb@ss I am. I was just so mad at Windows Media Player at the time that I didn't care what I was doing. What I really meant to do was press End task, but I was just so frustrated that I really didn't take notice to what I was doing.

*~The Last Soul~*
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get into either version of WMM? (1 0r 2)

If so i would reccomend updating that version to the most current. Or you could remove it completely through the control panel (add or remove programs menu) and then just reinstall it--goodluck-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, version 1 works. I really don't want to have to download or update anything though because it takes my computer forever to download something. If I could just get my mom to restore the computer again then maybe it would fix the problem. But no, she has to watch her Monday night shows. D*mn that Bachelorette show!

*~The Last Soul~*
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps your computer is too outdated for the new version. Or maybe just too much memory is taken up--goodluck with all that lol-laura

Jake's Twin
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's outdated, because we restored the computer last month and I put Windows Movie Maker 2 on it and it worked fine. I went to the Microsoft site to download it last night, and it said it requires the SP2 update, which my mom says we don't have on our computer yet. So I'm hoping once we get that update it will work. I really hope so, cause I don't know how much longer I can wait to make my video.

*~The Last Soul~*
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting a new thread TLS. I see Laura helped you. I know WMM 2 was part of the SP2 that I installed in my PC and as you stated it is a requirement for WMM2.

I am on dialup so I know your problems with downloading patches and stuff especially for MS. A couple months ago Microsoft had the option of requesting a CDROM of SP2 which I did and in about 4 or 5 weeks I got the disk in the mail. Since it sounds like you run into problems restoring your puter a lot you may want to have this disk as a "just in case." So you don't spend another 6 hours downloading and installing SP2. Ask your mom if she doesn't mind getting this disk in the mail. It is free, no postage no nothing. Good as a backup.

Below is the link to the Official WinXP MS site to order (for free) the SP2 disk.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

If you want to find it yourself just google WinXP sp2 and go to the main site and look for "Get the Service Pack" and follow those links.

My lost music vids
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks, I'll have to tell my mom about that SP2 disk. I actually spent the 6 hours downloading the SP2 update yesterday. I stayed up til about 2 in the morning waiting for it to finish. Then, when it was about halfway through installing, it stopped moving. It like froze or something. I wasn't sure if it had stopped working or it was just really, really slow. So I pressed cancel in hopes of trying it again. But of course, it just messed things up even more. I restarted my computer and a screen came up saying something about the update not completing and it's restoring the prior configuration. I don't know what that means, but when I tried connecting back to the internet MSN wouldn't work for me. I'm at school right now, that's how I'm online, but I don't know if my internet is going to work at home. I tell you what, this really sucks. I think I'm running out of options here.

*~The Last Soul~*
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the problems with WinXP SP2. I've had to install mine three times since SP2 came out due to my lazy dude's way of fixing by reformatting the main drive when I ran into problems.

What I was happy about was that the SP2 patch actually saves (somehow) the stuff you uploaded on the PC when your installation was interrupted. I'm not sure why it stopped midway through, but if you can get it back online (look for Antivirus software conflicting with your connection and causing the lockout) the downloaded 6 hours worth should still be recognized when you connect back to Microsoft Windows Update.
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. We were forced to restore the computer again yesterday. It looked like our MSN connection was just totally gone. So we got MSN again yesterday after we restored the computer, and then it stopped working again. Websites aren't working again anyway. I'll have to check and see if they work when I get home later. Still have a few hours of school left.

*~The Last Soul~*
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch that sounds like a problem that is over my head and I wouldn't want you to do the things I do to get my PC back and running as it takes full weekends for me and requires a lot of scary Reformats and if you don't have a WinXP CDRom (if it was preloaded) you would end up hiring Locke to come kill me.

Here is a forum that deals with this stuff. You might find a nice soul to help you or maybe your mom could post there.

Google search: Tech Support Forums.

or go HERE
(http://www.techsupportforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this problem is over everybody's head. Even the MSN people we call for help don't get it. I tell ya, they're more useless than Shannon. All they ever say is to restore our computer. That's their solution for everything.

Fortunately, my internet is still working here at home. But I don't know how long it will last. It may be a couple weeks, it may be a couple hours. All I know is that I think I'm going to go insane if I have to wait another week to make my video.

But anyway, thanks for trying to help me, MoreLight and LAURA4LAD. I really appreciate it. I'll have to check out that link you suggested.

*~The Last Soul~*
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome for whatever help I tried to give.

Good luck.

*p.s. Shannon, despite all her faults is actually less useless than Boone IMHO. MSN tech guys = Boone. They try to help but end up nearly drowning you and themselves in the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: