Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything is Going to Change C/C
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo! Can't wait to read it Lizo
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizo? Liza would have been better! haha.

Halfway through...

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Typo are great when it's someone's name
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it always seems to be you who makes the typos in names...

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Loz
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here It's here! It's finally here!!

drumroll please

*awkward silence*

Okay well then...

Chapter 2: Rocks

Everybody needs a rock. Whether it’s the leader of a group or a teddy bear with a lost right eye.

Charlie and Claire were their rock.

Jack was sitting on a log just a little ways from camp. The funeral was going to start in about an hour and Jack could already tell that the remaining survivors were starting fall apart. Everybody looked to Charlie and Claire for strength. Even with all the extreme happenings that were occurring on the island, Charlie and Claire always managed to remain the same. This reliability had comforted everybody on the island.

Without them, Jack wasn’t sure how much longer they would last.

“Hey.” Jack was interrupted from his thoughts by a stunningly beautiful brunette who was looking down at him with concern.

“Kate.” Jack said as he cleared his throat and gestured for her to sit next to him. Kate sighed as they sat there in silence. Neither of them yet had the courage to bring up the kiss.

“It’s not your fault, Jack.” Kate said quietly. She couldn’t look him in the eye. “Nobody blames you.”

Jack didn’t expect Kate to understand. She couldn’t understand. She wasn’t there. Charlie’s face with his eyes wide open kept running through Jack’s head.

Two days ago:

Jack was running blindly through the jungle. It had been an hour since Claire had died and Charlie had left with her body. He was running in the same direction Charlie had left just an hour ago. Jack had made it to the clearing and he saw Charlie and Claire, both dead on the jungle floor.

“Oh no.” Jack said running over to Charlie’s side, “I’m too late.”

He wept at the loss of Charlie and Claire. Their faces were so peaceful as if frozen in time.

It was after sundown by the time Jack had made it back to the caves. He had enlisted Sayid to help him bring the bodies back.

“Jack?” Kate asked. His eyes had a thoughtful expression to them and he hadn’t heard a single word she said in the last ten minutes. Finally, he stopped thinking and looked in Kate’s chocolate brown eyes. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” Jack said as he rubbed his eyes, “I’m fine.”

Kate looked at him skeptically. She opened her mouth to say something then decided against it. They started to walk back to camp for Charlie and Claire’s funeral.

Everybody was just starting to gather and Jack felt a sense of loneliness as he looked around. Last time there was a funeral here, Charlie and Claire had showed up with Aaron, like always. Even though death was among them, it had comforted all of the survivors to see the young couple caring over the baby.

Jack heard a cry coming from the distance; Sun was walking up the hill with Aaron in her arms. Jack could see fear in all the survivor’s eyes as if seeing Sun holding Aaron confirmed that Charlie and Claire truly were gone. It was the same fear they had all possessed on the night of the crash.

By now, everybody was standing around in a circle. In dead center was a dug out hole and Charlie and Claire’s bodies. Everyone looked to Jack for any comforting words. Kate put a hand on his shoulder to silently express her support. Jack looked to the sky and saw that it was overcast and gray. The weather obviously didn’t help the melancholy moods either. Jack sighed as he stepped forward. Everyone expected him to be a leader. Unfortunately, he was Jack, plain Jack.

“Charlie and Claire loved each other very much.” Jack paused to let it sink in. It was the first time he had said their names since that night.

“They had met on this island while Claire was…she was only eight months pregnant.” The tears had come and they weren’t stopping anytime soon.

“Charlie was her hero. He helped her through the hard times and now he still is because wherever they are right now, they’re together.” Just how fate wanted it to be. Even though Jack didn’t say it, everybody felt it.

For once in a long time, Jack was at a complete loss for words so he walked over to the mound of dirt, grabbed a handful and slowly let the dirt run between his fingers and into the hole. Everybody followed after him in complete silence. Jack had to get away before he lost it.

He started to walk to the jungle. Jack only made it a few feet in when he fell to his knees. The guilt overtook him like a huge wave. He was angry but sad that this had happened. Charlie and Claire didn’t deserve it. Out of infuriation, Jack pounded his fist into the not-so-soft-after-all dirt floor. All it did was leave a small imprint in the dirt and a throbbing pain in his fist.

The next thing Jack knew, arms were being wrapped around him in a comforting embrace. He looked up and saw Kate looking back at him.

“I-I.” Jack started to say as tears rolled down his face.

“Shhh.” Kate said, “It’s going to be okay.” She continued whispering soothing words into his ear as Jack let the pain and despair take over him. It felt so right to be in her arms and Jack never wanted her to leave.

By now they were both kneeling on the hard jungle floor in an endless embrace.

When they pulled apart, Kate looked into Jack’s eyes and knew she had made the right choice when she kissed him last week. They both leaned forward and stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. This time Jack made the first moved and pressed his lips softly against hers. They were all-too-soon interrupted by Sun stumbling across them in the jungle.

“Oh sorry.” Sun said slowly as she registered what she had just seen, “I need to speak with Jack.”

”That’s okay, Sun.” Jack said as he lifted himself off the ground and then proceeded to lift Kate up as well.

“Well I was wondering if you had decided who was going to take care of Aaron yet?” Sun asked carefully. She was still grasping the whole concept of the situation she had just stumbled onto. Jack was very much aware of Kate standing right behind him and couldn’t put his thoughts together.

“Aaron…um….right…uh…No…no we haven’t decided yet.” Jack stuttered. Sun looked at him weirdly as he tried to concentrate.

”Why do you ask?”

“Well Jin and I discussed it and we would be happy to adopt him. We were never able to have a child of our own…” Sun trailed off as she tried to keep her emotions in.

“That….That’s a wonderful idea, Sun.” Jack said. He couldn’t believe he hadn’t thought of it before. He watched her smile and start to walk away toward Jin and her tent. Then he turned toward Kate. She seemed to be deep in thought and oblivious to what had just happened. Jack turned around yet again when he heard the baby’s cry. He could see Sun and Jin in the distance caring over Aaron. And for the first time in a few days, Jack could see smiles and looks of relief creeping on the other survivor’s faces.

Jack couldn’t help but smile. They had found their new rock.

Just then, Jack heard a rustling leaves behind him and he whipped around. A man grabbed Kate and put a knife to her neck.

“Give me the baby or she dies.” The man said.

Ethan was back.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man I almost screamed out loud at the end!

Secretly bad thought: Ethan's back, yay!

Ignore the secretly bad thought.

Anyway, wow, Liz! That was excellent! (Though I peeked through my fingers at the Jate stuff. Sorry, the Skater in me made me do that... ) I loved how you had Kate just standing there staring at the knife in Claire's stomach because that is SO how she responds to a crisis, isn't it? All too realistic, I've gotta say!

*sniffle*

Okay, so when's the next chapter? Huh? Huh? Huh?

~Aislynn
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was un-freaking-believable Liz and by that I mean really really really really good

and OMG ETHAN!!!!!!!! aaaahh

I certainly hope there's more
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! - in response to Sir Creepy Baby Abducting Man a.k.a (possibly) Ethan at the end of this chapter

YES YES YES - in response to the progress of the story in general. I'm not a Jater but the scene you wrote between them sounded in-character, so kudos for that. I like how the castaways thought of Charlie and Claire as their "rock", and how Jin and Sun didn't try to replace them as the rock, really, but made the castaways feel much more reassured. Good job once again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by clairerules15 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn:Thanks so much for getting around to it! Better late than never!
Mg:: Glad you liked Colin.
Michelina:Thank you for reading again! I'm glad you saw the jate part in character even if you don't like them!

Next Chapter coming up!
Chapter 3: Love Conquers All, or Does it?

Upcoming parts:

"If you struggle, I will make sure your death is slow and painful!"

"Sun! Ethan's back and he wants Aaron!" Sayid exasperated.

Sayid noticed something protruding from a bush. It was Claire's diary. He slowly opened it to the last few entrys...

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I've said this before about your fics and you've gotten but... that Ethan's back and he wants Aaron sounds sooo forced sorry.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain further....

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sun! Ethan's back and he wants Aaron!" just seems to too weird to say to someone. It just seems lke a cliche line thas normal in tv like:

Character: You shot him in the foot!?!

commercial break

back to the show

Character: Man, Joe, I can't belive you shot him in the foot.
Joe: I had to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: