Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything is Going to Change C/C
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Everything is Going to Change C/C Reply with quote

Title: Everything is going to change
Rating: PG-13 I think....
Pairing: Charlie and Claire
Summary: Once Michael, Jin, and Sawyer gets back, everything starts to change.
Warnings: suicide, death, angst
Status of fic: one shot
Author's Notes/Disclaimer: I do not own anything that is related to lost.

Just so you know, this is my first attempt at a drama fic so sorry if it sucks.

When Michael, Jin, Sawyer, and the tail end of the plane survivors came back, things started to change. Michael would constantly ask Claire if he could hold Aaron. She would say yes and Michael would take the baby from her and then walk off. Sometime she would be gone for hours at a time. The first time this kind of thing happened, Claire grew worried that something bad had happened to Aaron. Charlie had comforted Claire until Michael came back with Aaron. He always did. Eventually, Charlie and Claire got used to it. Michael would go into the jungle with Aaron and just talk to him for hours. The most reasonable guess to Claire was because now Walt was gone, Aaron was the replacement.
It wasn’t until the third week they had gotten back when Michael really started to change. Physically. His face was gaunt and his skin had aged twenty years. It was obvious to just about anybody. Michael had gotten it, the sickness. Jack did all he could to help Michael but nothing could be done. People stopped looking him in the eye and ignored him. The next time Michael asked Claire if he could hold Aaron, she said no. After hearing what everybody was saying about Michael’s sickness, she didn’t want Aaron to get it either. Infuriated, Michael pulled out a knife and held it to her throat. The blade barely pierced her skin when Charlie noticed what was happening. He ran over to Michael and wrestled with him for the knife. Amidst all the fighting, Michael had gotten stabbed in the stomach. Claire watched his lifeless body fall to the ground like an under stuffed teddy bear. Ever since then, Claire just wasn’t the same.

Charlie was walking down the beach holding Aaron and reminiscing about his time as a young boy. Every time fall came around, the leaves would change. Charlie remembered as a little child how much he hated this change around him. Charlie was definitely a supporter of consistency. Here on the island, the leaves never changed and for that Charlie welcomed this reliability. Yet the only things that were staying the same, were the leaves. Everything was changing and Charlie hated it.
Walking up to Claire’s tent, Charlie noticed that Claire was still sleeping. Ever since Michael died, Claire hadn’t uttered a word. Her appetite was almost non-existent and it seemed as if she didn’t care about Aaron anymore. Charlie wouldn’t believe that she was sick. He was going to nurse her back to her normal self. He was going to take care of her. Charlie wanted the old Claire back, the one who gave smiles brighter than the sun. Yet something in the back of his mind said she wasn’t coming back.
Charlie put Aaron in his crib and laid down next to Claire on the thin airline blankets. He wrapped his arms around her and held Claire tight as she continued sleeping. He was relieved to hear her rhythmic breathing as if nothing was wrong. A few minutes later, Claire woke up. She looked at Charlie with a stoic face. Even her eyes had changed. They used to be icy blue, now they were grey as steel.
“Good morning, Claire.” Charlie whispered in a gentle voice. She got up from where she was laying and walked out of the tent. Charlie followed after her. She sat on the beach and just stared out at the water. Charlie noticed that she did that a lot. He left her to her thoughts and walked up to the tent to get some food for her. Just a little while later, Charlie was walking back to Claire with Aaron in one arm and a plate of food in another hand.
“Breakfast.” He said cheerfully as he set the plate in Claire’s lap. She glanced at the food for a short moment then turned her attention back to the beach.
“Come on, Claire.” Charlie pleaded, “Please eat just a little food. You need to be strong for….Aaron.” Her eyes flickered as he said Aaron’s name. It was the biggest reaction she’s had to anything in the last few days.
“Well, do you want to hold Aaron?” Charlie asked. She looked down at her beautiful baby son then back to the ocean. Charlie took the plate from her then place Aaron carefully in Claire’s arms.
“I’m going to go to the caves to get some water.” Charlie said to Claire. Silence. He brushed his pants off then headed toward the jungle.

Jack and Kate were organizing medicine bottles in the infirmary cave, when Charlie walked up.
“Hey Charlie.” Jack said, “How’s Claire today?”
“Fine.” Charlie said disgruntled as he started to fill up some water bottles.
“You look tired, Charlie.” Kate said as she put a hand on his shoulder in a comforting way.
“No. Claire only has me right now and she needs me to take care of her.” Charlie said putting the bottles in his pack, “What if something happens to her?”
Jack nodded his head in complete understand, “Well do you mind if I tag-along with you and give a little check up on Claire?”
Charlie nodded then started down the path back to the beach. Once Charlie was back on the sand, he looked over at where Claire usually sat. She wasn’t there. He ran into the tent and saw Aaron crying in his crib.
“Bloody Hell.” Charlie yelled as he saw the inside of the tent.
“What happened?” Jack asked. The tent was a complete mess. It looked as if a tornado had swept through it. Clothes, bags, and everything was strewn about. Charlie looked in his bag where he put important things.
“My knife!” Charlie exclaimed, “It’s gone!” By now Jack had picked up Aaron and was trying to calm him down. Charlie frantically ran out of the tent.
“Where are you going?” Jack yelled after him.
“To find Claire.” Charlie ran toward the jungle.
“Wait! Let me help you!” Jack said.
“No Jack. I have to do this alone!” Charlie said as he slipped through the trees. Jack watched him until he disappeared.

“Claire!” Charlie yelled at the top of his lungs. He ran through the jungle, dodging trees, jumping bushes, and pushing vines out of his way. Claire was nowhere to be found, his voice was getting scratchy, and Charlie was starting to lose hope. He was no tracker but he knew he had to find her.
Just then, Charlie reached a clearing. The sun was pouring through the leaves, fiercely bright. Claire was in the middle of the clearing with her back turned toward Charlie. He ran up to her just as she fell back into Charlie’s arms. He then noticed a knife in her stomach yet she was barely alive.
“Claire!” Charlie cried out, “No! NO! You’re going to be okay, I promise. I’ll take care of you.” Claire weakly turned her head to look at Charlie. It was the first time she had looked him in the eye in weeks. Charlie started to run toward the caves. He had made a promise and he was going to keep it. After just a few minutes, Charlie had made it to the caves. He ran up to Jack’s cave.
“Jack!” he yelled, “Jack!” The young doctor ran up to Charlie.
“What is it Char-.” He had looked down in Charlie’s arms and saw Claire’s body scarcely hanging onto life.
“Okay! Put her over here.” Jack ordered as he pointed at the same place Boone had died, “and Kate! Get me as many strips of fabric or towels as you can. We need to stop the bleeding.” Kate hadn’t moved where she was standing. Her eyes were fixated on the knife in Claire’s stomach.
“Kate!” Jack yelled. She snapped out of her trance and quietly ran off.
“Is she going to be okay, Jack?” Charlie pleaded. He was intensely nervous and wouldn’t know what to do if something happened to Claire.
“I don’t know, Charlie.” He said as he surveyed the knife wound, “It’s hard to tell.” Charlie was looking hopelessly at Claire’s body. Jack put his hand on Charlie’s shoulder.
“It’s not your fault, Charlie.” He said.
“She was my responsibility. I promised to take care of her.” Charlie said hopelessly. A huge lump was forming in Charlie’s throat and he could do nothing to keep it down. Jack stayed silent as Charlie took a minute to recuperate. Kate ran up with a pile of shirts and towels. Jack immediately jumped back into action.
“Okay. When I pull the knife out, I want you to immediately hold down the towels to the wound and put pressure on it. Hopefully we’ll be able to stop the bleeding enough to work on it.” Jack said hastily. Charlie walked over to Claire’s side and held her hand. He noticed that she had squeezed his hand back. Like a band aid, Jack quickly pulled out the knife as Kate pushed the towels on Claire’s now heavily bleeding stomach. Charlie felt Claire’s grip loosening and he started to worry.
“No! Claire, stay with me okay? I love you so you can’t leave me! Not like this, Claire. I need you.” Charlie cried. She moved her head over and looked at Charlie as she made a weak smile.
“Charlie,” she said feebly as she took her last breath. Charlie slowly laid her hand down to her side. Her face was like a china doll’s. Smooth to perfection but aged at the same time.
“No!” Charlie yelled as he brought his hands up to his face.”
“Charlie.” Jack said, “I’m so sorry.” Jack was starting to choke up and could feel his friend’s pain. Charlie looked down at Jack’s hand and saw the knife that had killed Claire. Charlie took it from him and held it by the handle. His tears dropped on the bloodstained knife. Then, Charlie picked Claire up in his arms just as he had moments before and started to walk away.
“Charlie! Where are you going?” Jack yelled after him. Charlie didn’t say anything but just kept walking.

After just a few minutes, Charlie made it back to the clearing where Claire had stabbed herself. He softly laid her on the grass and looked at her face. For once in such a long time, Claire was smiling. It was as if she knew something that the world didn’t. Her face was so peaceful. Charlie picked up the knife that was stained with Claire’s blood.
“I’m coming for you Claire.” He said as he plunged the sharp knife into his stomach. It felt like the wind was being knocked out of him and Charlie’s breaths were getting shorter. And shorter.
Charlie laid himself next to Claire and held her hand. He was finally calm and this was the first time that everything felt right. At least where they were both going, everything was going to stay the same. Everything was going to be alright just as long as they were together.

Comments please!

Banner: Shinythings

Last edited by ebizmybef74 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You made three people die! And yeah, the love part was good too. As if you haven't written a drama fic before, seems like you're a pro! Nice work!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marcus for the nice comment!

And thanks to Colin too!

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what? More chapters would be cool. Dealing with the death of both of them. Have some Jate. Whatever.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're onto something Colin! The only problem is that, I'm worried the sequel will be like totally fluff and not as angsty as the first. But we'll see.

evangeline_lilly_rocks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was so so so so sad!!

I really liked that, ebizmybef74! As MovieGuy said, I think more chapters would be awesome
Charlie&Claire4eva

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg!! That was soo good, hence the name C&C are my favourite ship! so I loved it their just so cute!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jess and Charlie&Claire4eva!! Your reviews mean a lot to me!

fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG that was the saddest fic ever

great work Liz
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky! I'm glad you liked it.

clairerules15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, this fanfic is awsome! Please continue!!!!

Last edited by clairerules15 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i'd like to see a sequel Liz

Taylor's back ............ YAY where'd you disappear too
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been ssaying more since the beginning
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes you have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: