Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x11 - Happily Ever After
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: 6x11 - Happily Ever After Reply with quote

Centric:

Spoiler:

Desmond

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Desmond wakes up and discovers he has returned to the island.

I can't wait for this one!! Is it Lost time yet?

Have fun discussing this weeks episode! Please remember to always be respectful of everyone's opinions! And don't forget about this... Spoilery icons/banners & general spoiler reminder

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
yayayayayayayayayayay

DES IS COMING BACK, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am SOOOOO exicted for this ep!! especially since rumour has it...

Spoiler:

Sonya Walger and Dom monaghan are back for this ep!!!

s

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I canne wait
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it has to be mentioned...

Bagpipes.

That is all.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in my newspaper that
Spoiler:

Dom Monaghan and Jeremy Davies

would be in this ep!

I am wondering, though, why my newspaper is allowed to publish such spoilers....

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Desmond ep! I'm sure it'll be fantastic as Des episodes usually are. And I must say I LOVVVEEE the title!

....Happily ever afters are kind of my thing. If things don't end happily, I get all sad and annoyed. Which is why I'm sort of worried about Lost coming to a close soon.

art by me&tammy
soapbubbles511
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs through thread*

DESSSMOOONDDD!!!!!!

*is excited*

I ♥ Des episodes
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught the episode..

Spoiler:

Holy Jamoley! The flash sideways just became super exciting thanks to Des When he says he's going to 'show them something' does that mean try and kill them? Des did creep me out a little when he was suddenly on Widmore's side. Hopefully it's just an effort to stop the sideways world.

It was super cute to hear that Dan is crushing on Charlotte but they do seem to shoving it down our throat that it is all about love. I really hope that is not the final message of the show as it is pretty cheesy and I don't really believe in 'the one' and all that.

More thoughts later

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! That was incredible. One of my favorite episodes ever. This episode had me hanging on every word. A Lost episode hasn't done that for me since "The Constant" which was also a Desmond episode. Desmond is the man!!!

It's awesome that we finally know what the hell these flash sideways are about. It's so cool that "Flashes Before Your Eyes" was actually a flash sideways also. This episode had so much amazing stuff in it, I can't even process right now.

I wish Damon and Carlton wrote every episode because this was seriously one of the best ever. Thank god Lost is back on track.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the connections were interesting. I wasn’t surprised that he worked for Charles, some of the ‘connections’ are becoming to be predictable.

I thought the Charles/Desmond reminded me a little too much of what happened with Jin being the bodyguard/henchman.

I have never noticed this until now but a lot of the jobs and occupations of the Losties are so unrealistic. A rock star, a con artist, and a fugitive just to name a few. And in the sideways, it’s really unrealistic. Jin is a bodyguard, Kearmy is a ‘drug lord type’ who is going to off Jin, Desmond being a ‘henchman’, Kate still being a fugitive. I think the idea of Lost could work even if they had crappy jobs. Like Locke working at a boxing company, sounds more realistic to me.

I thought the scene of Charlie putting his hand on the glass was interesting, but awkward. I get they did it to give Desmond a ‘vision’, but I think the writers tried to hard to put a connection there, it just felt WEIRD to me. Why would a guy put his hand on the glass? I think they could have had the scene WITHOUT him putting the hand on the glass.
YAY Jack. I loved seeing him in his OR scrubs. I feel bad, is it really Jack’s fault he saved Charlie? Not Jack’s fault or the Airline attendants that Charlie is a drug addict.
I miss the OLD Charlie. This new ‘Charlie’ bugs me. He seems SO bitter about everything. I just miss the old Charlie. I did like how Charlie was talking about Claire though, that was sweet.

I don’t know why but I had a feeling that Eloise was his wife. I also liked that Ellie recognized Desmond, or so I thought she did. Lmao. Why the strange music when she said “It’s Eloise?” Penny would have to be Charles daughter, but somehow Desmond and Penny just never met. I wonder if Penny was a love child. I knew Penny HAD to be Charles just because I don’t believe a kid is going to be born to another family, a child is an imprint of it’s parents, so if Charles had no kids, there wouldn’t be a Penny. That’s my intake on it.

DANIEL WIDEMORE! Even though I saw the casting spoiler wasn’t that surprising especially because Daniel was good on the piano and I believe Charles mentioned his son was into music or was a musician.

Overall the last few episodes have been great. This was one of them. I just hope the sideways pays off and is apart of the story in the end.

P.S I have think Widemore is one of the good guys. He just chooses bad methods to help the island.

I think there are some love that transcends time. There are those people who are meant to be with someone, and only one person. There are people who are not meant to be alone, but believe that, there are people who can bounce from one relationship to the next. I don't think the message is love I think it is just showing that there are some people who know what and or who they want.
loudpaw
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg! That was awesome! Dom is a prick in this ep but thats why I love him <3 I nearly died when he told Des he saw Claire "blonde, and beautiful" -melts into fangirl goo- Holy Crap, I know next week is a Hurley ep(finally) but if the one after that isnt about Claire, I'm gunna start throwing stuff! D:

Desmond episodes are always great! I'm not to keen on the whole "can you feel the love tonight?" thing, but as long as PB&J are in there somewhere I'm happy

My LiveJournal: http://loudpaw.livejournal.com/
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode was AWESOME. It's beat out Ab Aeterno as my favorite of the season so far.

YAY CHARLADAY AND PB&J! That was so sweet when Dan and Charlie talked about Charlotte and Claire. I FREAKED OUT when Charlie started talking about the woman in handcuffs. Almost had a heart attack thinking he was saying he was in love with Kate.

I don't think that'll be the final message - about true love and all that, but it's a sweet thing to add in, because really, the good part about the island was them meeting all those people and becoming friends/falling in love. That's what I think, anyway.

It was rather nice to take a break from Jacob and MIB. (Not that I don't like that storyline, because I do. ) But now I feel like we're really getting somewhere. Maybe the sideways-world is starting to merge with our world.

icon by becca
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:

I thought the scene of Charlie putting his hand on the glass was interesting, but awkward. I get they did it to give Desmond a ‘vision’, but I think the writers tried to hard to put a connection there, it just felt WEIRD to me. Why would a guy put his hand on the glass? I think they could have had the scene WITHOUT him putting the hand on the glass.

My take on that was Desmond had a bit of a vision of Charlie putting his hand on the glass.. maybe it was like the two timelines merging in his head. Soon after Charlie was unconscious again so I bet he was all the time.

Brooke wrote:

I miss the OLD Charlie. This new ‘Charlie’ bugs me. He seems SO bitter about everything. I just miss the old Charlie. I did like how Charlie was talking about Claire though, that was sweet.

I agree. I miss the old happy go lucky Charlie too. It'e really sad to see him like this again.

Brooke wrote:

I think there are some love that transcends time. There are those people who are meant to be with someone, and only one person. There are people who are not meant to be alone, but believe that, there are people who can bounce from one relationship to the next. I don't think the message is love I think it is just showing that there are some people who know what and or who they want.

They seem to be saying that these people will end up together no matter what they do though. As much as I love Daniel and Charlotte who's to say they are a one true love pairing.. from what we have seen it is mostly an infatuation on Daniel's part yet they seem to be fated to meet each other in the alternate universe. It just seems like they are mirroring the relationships that have happened on the island and it comes across as cheesy to me so I'm hoping it is not the final message of the show. I can buy it for a Des and Penny but not for every relationship on the show of any substance.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode! Yay for true love! Yay for people who are meant to be together! I think there is a Taylor Swift song for this. I am sure there is, I must find it. *muses*

Anyway.

All right, I agree about not liking how bitter Charlie is, but I LOVED his speech about the beautiful blond woman (Claire, der) and how he had felt love and had to find her and all that. And his line to Des, "Why are you running after me, you should be trying to find her?"

I was terrified when they crashed the car into the ocean. I thought they were going to make me watch Charlie die AGAIN. Egad, Supernatural already tortured me this week, Lost doesn't need to as well!!!!

Despenny and PB&J are two of the couples on this show I believe were *truly* meant to be together. Them and Suliet. There was REAL love between all of them. You all prolly know how much I love Shoone and Shayid as well, but were they meant to be together? Shoone? Uh, hell no. Shayid? I wish, but Sayid forgot about her awfully easily.

PB&J, Despenny, Suliet. *nodnod* Soulmates.

Wanna know my theory? Well at first when Des said he wanted the manifest I thought he was just gonna try and figure out who Charlie saw....but now I think he's going to try and get EVERYONE to remember what happened. (Elyse can also take credit for this idea. We discussed.) And it shall be epic. I feel that we're going somewhere now.

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: