Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My choice for the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle IS:
Sawyer & Kate (SKATE)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Jack and Kate (Jate)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
I have not decided! CONVINCE ME!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from pilot pt 2 when kate went on the trek and sawyer suddenly came too and she said "you decided to join us?" and he snapped back "im a complex guy sweethart" i was like, oo, im shipping these two, they have to get together. then by mid season two kate just got worse and worse, morphing into this annoying child who'd bother the big kids with her silly schemes, and constant whining, and indecisiveness. i wanted skate cause i wanted to see sawyer in a relationship, getting the girl instead of doctor jack, but then i just didnt care anymore cause i saw she didnt deserve him, always running back to jack etc.

up until whatever happened, happened in s5 i didnt want a skate or a jate, i wanted an old wrinkly kate with premature arthritis rocking in a chair with a bunch of cats in a shack with no visitors, reminicising about the good old days of having two hot guys to choose from and messing it all up, especially with sawyer. so of course i loved suliet, cause sawyer was happy with someone who liked him back..but thennn sawyer and kate talked at the creek thing in s5 when they were saving ben and i was like o no, i think im feeling bad for kate. she was this pathetic little person all alone, jack messed things up with her and sawyer was taken...so ugh longstory short i dont know. one day ill say jate is fate just cause i want suliet, but then ill watch season 3 scenes with kate/sawyer and go a bit back to my skate ways...soo ugh im as indecisive as kate. i didnt help this argument at all..but thinking logically writing wise, i dont know if itd be a good move for the writers to take a greif stricken guy (if juliet is dead, and theres no reset) and make him suddenly fall back in love with his ex..and it would be suddenly cause theres only 18hrs of show..

Spoiler:

(*whispers*im not in the majority with this but at this point, with the last season, i dont want lots of time wasted on a skate or jate...i want island, mythology, richard, ben and locke/fakelocke.)

Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't see how they coud rebuilt Suliet if indeed Juliet is alive.

Kate can help him grieve.

again I'll say is that if they ended Suliet just for Jate to be endgame, I'll really be questioning why the Suliet breakup was even necessary.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe the breakup was necessary to set up an epic reunion...suliet and jun

in some ways though, i feel like jack has more leadery things to do this season with the island, so the writers might feel like he has no time for a relationship with kate...leading her to fall for sawyer again...the island and jacks destiny is more important than playing house with kate.

whats great about this season is it really could go either way.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see that being a reason had they not have Juliet give up on their relationship. Whats the point in her flashback and the Suliet fight/breakup if they were just going to have them back together again? It's so hard not to include spoilers in this discussion, lol!

JULIET: I changed my mind when I saw you look at her. Don't. Don't. [Whispers] Don't. Don't.

SAWYER: I don't care who I looked at. I'm with you.

JULIET: And you would stay with me forever if I let you, and that is why I will always love you.

SAWYER: You don't--

JULIET: What we had, it was just for a little while, and just because we love each other, it doesn't mean that we're meant to be together. I mean, maybe we were never supposed to be together. So if Jack can make it that--that none of you ever come here, then he should.

SAWYER: Why you doing this, Juliet?

JULIET: [Voice breaks] I... if I never meet you, then I never have to lose you.

I'm trying not to be bias here, I'm not desperate to find a reason for Skate to get back togetjher but I think looking at it in any way,

Juliet seems to know that Sawyer still loves Kate, why else would she say she would never have to loose him?

Juliet is not a fool, she's proved she is a strong intelligent woman over the past couple of years. I'm not a fan of Juliet as a charcter, but she does have some traits that I do admire, one of them being she makes choices based on what she knows and feels, she doesn't dilly-dally the way Kate does ( I don't know how to explain it really) .

So for a woman of that nature to "give up" as such, on her (possibly) 3 year relationship after a few days of his old flame being back means alot if you ask me.

And notice how Sawyer knew what look she was talking about?

I totally agree it really could go either way. But I think more than the fact Jack wants to find his destiny, he was actually willing erase Kate completely from his life. I mean did you see Kates face when he told her what he was going to do? I think that did show that he is not all about Kate (which apparently some Jaters say he is?)

I'm not saying Skate is perfect, trust me.

But I can see there being a way of them building Skate, I can't see it for Suliet.And not so much for Jate. And believe me I've seen them really going with Jate in the past,and i mean I was nearly convinced. but now..not so much.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike both Skate and Jate.... I never had any interest in the triangle mess until Suliet came along.... I don't believe Kate loves either of them... she's just fickle and seems happy to be with whoever is in front of her at the moment... if she gets in a fight with Jack its across the island to go find Sawyer and vice versa... not a selling point at all for either couple... if they both stopped paying attention to her and say Sayid started paying attention to her instead I don't think she'd care... I don't see any preference from her for either of them except who's paying more attention to her/being nicer to her at that specific moment... I'd be thrilled to bits if Kate wound up alone because she doesn't deserve one guy much less two... Jack is too dull for me to care where he ends up... and Sawyer is so much better off with Juliet
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she loves both of them. I know alot of people hate Kate but I'm big fan of hers. I have been involved in siuation like hers (i regards to the triangle) and it does make you act strangely.

But I don't think Sawyer is better off with Juliet. I think La Fleur is, but not Sawyer. They were both living in this fantasy world "playing house" as Kate would say. Sawyer totally lost what I loved about his character. I liked the fact he was a leader. But he really lost his edge. big time. Same with Juliet.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soapbubbles511 wrote:
I dislike both Skate and Jate.... I never had any interest in the triangle mess until Suliet came along.... I don't believe Kate loves either of them... she's just fickle and seems happy to be with whoever is in front of her at the moment... if she gets in a fight with Jack its across the island to go find Sawyer and vice versa... not a selling point at all for either couple... if they both stopped paying attention to her and say Sayid started paying attention to her instead I don't think she'd care... I don't see any preference from her for either of them except who's paying more attention to her/being nicer to her at that specific moment... I'd be thrilled to bits if Kate wound up alone because she doesn't deserve one guy much less two... Jack is too dull for me to care where he ends up... and Sawyer is so much better off with Juliet

During season 4 I would have agreed with you on Kate being fickle. But season 5 made it pretty clear, for me at least, that Sawyer's the one she loves. Her constant need to be in Jack's good graces pisses me off to no end though. He treats her like a dog and she just keeps coming back for more, because he's the hero or whatever. Seriously, woman, he sat around getting high while alone with your kid, and then passively agressively drove you to tears over the man who jumped out of a freaking helicopter to save you. Just kick him in the balls already.

As for Suliet, I don't think any couple's ever bored me more, and I sat though Buffy/Angel. Seriously though, what's the appeal there? There's no sexual chemistry, no connection, no nothing. They just randomly got together off-screen, and shared dry, sad looks every now and then. I get that they're BFFs now, and I guess that's fine, but I don't ever, ever need to see them spooning again, thanks.

Kate better get her act together in season 6 and remind him what romantic love feels like. No more detached LaFleur!Sawyer, please.
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:

As for Suliet, I don't think any couple's ever bored me more, and I sat though Buffy/Angel. Seriously though, what's the appeal there? There's no sexual chemistry, no connection, no nothing. They just randomly got together off-screen, and shared dry, sad looks every now and then. I get that they're BFFs now, and I guess that's fine, but I don't ever, ever need to see them spooning again, thanks.

I think I love you And yeah, I agree with everything you said!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
soapbubbles511 wrote:

During season 4 I would have agreed with you on Kate being fickle. But season 5 made it pretty clear, for me at least, that Sawyer's the one she loves. Her constant need to be in Jack's good graces pisses me off to no end though. He treats her like a dog and she just keeps coming back for more, because he's the hero or whatever. Seriously, woman, he sat around getting high while alone with your kid, and then passively agressively drove you to tears over the man who jumped out of a freaking helicopter to save you. Just kick him in the balls already.

Kate better get her act together in season 6 and remind him what romantic love feels like. No more detached LaFleur!Sawyer, please.

all I saw in S5 was Kate was still mad at Jack for going all druggie and now its Sawyer's turn again... off island she couldn't bounce back to Saywer for a couple years... and by the finale she was totally all about Jack again...

and I never saw anything between Skate except sex... and a place for her to run off too when she was mad at Jack... I just really don't get the appeal of either couple... neither was ever really together except flashforward Jate... don't think Skate would be together except for the sex... Jate only because they're stuck together and I don't get at all... I didn't see when either of them had an actual relationship based on anything real... and for 5 seasons all I saw was Kate going back and forth and didn't care about one more than the other

as for Suliet.. first I think Juliet is just generally a better character than Kate... and I believed she actually loved Sawyer, unlike Kate... and Suliet had an actual relationship, a partnership and they were uber adorable... and I liked LaFleur and Sawyer actually being in charge and making decisions for once... I saw them have an actual relationship that had lasted several years, the only actual relationship in the triangle was also mostly offscreen and that was off island Jate... I liked having someone who actually genuinely wanted Sawyer and had his back (and not just until she got bored and decided she wanted Jack again)

I don't understand the appeal of Jate at all... and unless people just want more sex I don't understand Skate's relationship at all... in one episode Suliet convinced me more that they actually love each other than either Skate or Jate have done in 5 seasons
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is something that's been bugging me for a while now,

Some people who support Suliet and Jate keep saying " Skate is all about sex"

I must be crazy 'cause I was supporting this couple from season 1, surely I wasn't seeing things? Skate existed before "I do" and there is so much more to it than that.

Sometime I think it's just conveniant for people to say it's all about sex.

There are alot of Skate moments which were key for both Sawyer and Kate as a character, not just as a ship.

Yeah I agree, Jate is boring as hell. all she done was follow him around the jungle and get yelled at.

I believe Juliet really does love Sawyer, but I also believe that Sawyer really loves Kate, as does Jack. That's why Juliet should have never became part of this mess, as she always seems to be second best.

I found Suliet to be quite cheesey, the sunflower thing? I mean, come on...

They could have been a great couple, but they weren't, imo. Their entire relationship together was never seen(just enough for us to know), so it's obviously not important. The only important part of it was it ending. Funnily enough, due to Kate.

Just like Jates relationship together was barely shown(just enough for us to know what was happening), the main parts were it ending. Again, funnily enough, due to Sawyer.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on island I thought both Jate and Skate were a whole lot of nothing, except that Skate had sex... both of them had scenes together but neither of them were an actual couple and I didn't see either of them as anything that would work as an actual couple or that Kate had any preference for either of them... it's not that I think Skate were just sex but for me that's the only selling point that makes them any different from Jate... Kate was interested in them equally except she lusted for Sawyer and a woman who seems to be just as happy with two men doesn't make me believe in either couple... seriously if it weren't for all the online people fighting over Jate/Skate I would think they were utterly unimportant to the series... I really don't understand what people are fighting over or what anybody sees in either couple because neither were a couple... Kate bouncing back and forth, never spending any significant amount of time with either and just think *this* is what people are fighting over... really?! I thought Skate had a couple nice moments early on... Jate have had a couple nice moments... but I just don't see either as a remotely viable couple.... pre-Suliet I just didn't care about the triangle (if forced to choose I was slightly Skate only because I love Sawyer and think Jack is dull).... in my ideal world Kate ends up all alone at the series finale because they keep throwing around the word love in the triangle and I never believed it from any of them
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the point I was trying to make though, how can anyone become a proper "couple" while trying to escape from the island. It's not possible.

There was relationship there for both Jate and Skate, they weren't "couples" or "partners" or anything. But relationships. They weren't given the opportunity that Juliet and Sawyer were, which was time. and lot's of it!

I'm really not that bpthered about Jate vs Skate or otherwise to argue over it,but it is something to discuss. As I'm a fan of Both Kate and Sawyer, it's obvious that I would notice the triangle, but it's gotten out of hand now. I mean, as you say people fight over this and it's not even worth it.

What I will say is, it's actually nice to see someone supporting Suliet for the reason that well.... the actually like them.

Most people I've came across who ship Suliet(or claim to) are people who support Jate and ship for Suliet by default so they can justify how it's "so obvious that JIF."

my favourite ship has no chance in hell, sinse they are both dead. so forgive me if I can keep some hope for Skate, lol.

Actually I should worry, in any show I've been really into, none of the couples I liked ever ended up together.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that's the point I was trying to make though, how can anyone become a proper "couple" while trying to escape from the island. It's not possible.

and thats why I don't really ship anyone on Lost... for most of the series just Despenny and then Suliet this season (and even Suliet I don't care if they end up together... just really don't Skate in the end)... I hope Jun find their way back together and they don't do something to break apart Ronard but other than that I don't care if nobody is in a couple at the end...I want the couples who were together before the crash to stay together but everyone who got together on the island I don't care....

I'm not a big shipper person to start with... and certainly nothing in the triangle inspires my inner fangurl... I enjoyed Skate's early season scenes well enough (mostly as a Sawyer fan) but I never felt they belonged together or needed to be a proper couple or needed to get back together after she ran off to Jack again... and I definitely think Sawyer deserves better than someone who is going to run off to another man every time she gets upset/bored/whatever which Kate proves over and over again she will do
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well shipping doesn't really mean they need to be a couple as such, but i know what you mean

And I agree about Jun, I think they are the only ones of a few I can see having a happy ending.

my favourite was actually Helen/Locke, believe it or not. So really I'm not going to get my way now!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well maybe not need to be together... but more want them together... on most shows I'll enjoy the couples well enough while they're together but don't care if they break up and don't want them back together and wouldn't be disappointed if they never got back together (like Skate... didn't dislike them before but have no desire to see them together again and see no point in putting them back together)... there are very few couples that I actually care if they're together... even Jun I don't care that they didn't get their reunion this season, if they don't share scenes again until the finale I'd be fine.... ship wise all I really care about is getting a few more Despenny scenes and I'm good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: