Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My choice for the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle IS:
Sawyer & Kate (SKATE)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Jack and Kate (Jate)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
I have not decided! CONVINCE ME!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jate is like this long relationship, building and building up over the course of the show mehthinks. I have faith they'll be together in the end. We know they love eachother in the FF. Well we know Jack loves her, but Kate's reaction kinda spoke for itself really. As it's doing now. I can't believe the opinion that she doesnt love Jack, because she knows how he feels about her and she continues to flirt with him. Surely if you didnt love someone, and you knew they loved you, you'd be like "Crap. Keep my distance. Dont get too friendly." when she's been flirting like a.. flirting.. machine.. ( ) the whole way through Season 4 so far.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it pains me to say this....I think she'd rather be with Jack.... Not that she doesn't love Sawyer...there is just something about Jack that she wants and craves.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
carby21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a die hard Jate fan. They have built this story up from the beginning and I have my fingers crossed that in the end they'll be together. They complete each other in so many ways Jack keeps Kate level headed/ grounded and I believe Kate can show Jack that that he's human and makes mistakes .They accept each others flaws.And when they look at each other they have this undeniable connection to one another.
Meli24
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that fond of jate or skate (mostly because Kate often annoys me ) but if I had to choose I'd go with skate. At least she and Sawyer have chemistry..Jate bores me to tears. And I'm a jacket fan. Elizabeth Mitchell is the only actress on Lost (besides the actress who plays Sara) who has real onscreen chemistry with Foxy IMO.
MPJ
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved Jate, because its the endgame. It was in the first 6 episodes of Season 1, before skate was a possibility. So in my opinion, its just the beginning and end of the show. No offense, I mean, I LOVE Sawyer. He's my favorite character. Actually, he and Jack are deadlock tied. But I think he deserves someone who will love him back unconditionally. And that's not gonna happen with Kate.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Sawyer/Kate. If Kate chooses Jack after everything he's done to her, after he used her to numb the pain of abandoning the other losties, after he drank and did drugs while he was alone with her child, after he used her grief over Sawyer's sacrifice to taunt her into tears during their breakup, then she deserves every bit of misery she'll get.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
I'm all for Sawyer/Kate. If Kate chooses Jack after everything he's done to her, after he used her to numb the pain of abandoning the other losties, after he drank and did drugs while he was alone with her child, after he used her grief over Sawyer's sacrifice to taunt her into tears during their breakup, then she deserves every bit of misery she'll get.

Oh, you made some excellent points, in my opinion! Bravo! *applauds*
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow a Jate and Skate CIVILISED debating system brave *applauds author of forum*
Ok my opinions. I was a jater up to season 4. Then Jack made me change my mind. Season 1 was Jate fluff and I loved it because it was them getting to know each other. Kate pissed me off only occasionally then (Not like she does now ). By the end of the season 4 this quote really put me off Jate and Jack in particular.
Jack: But he's [Sawyer] isn't here is he? No he made his choice, he chose to stay. I'm the one who saved you...blah de blah.
I'm sorry but in that one quote he basically destroyed Sawyer's sacrifice into a milllion pieces when he did it to save everyone else. And by the end he turned into a bit of a control freak like he did with Sarah. If you ask me Jack tends to run full circle with everything
I'm not saying I hate Jack , there's still 2 seasons left for him to change my mind but Jate for me, unless there's a sweet moment between them that is genuine, it doesn't work for me. Skate is passionate and i know it seems like it's a fling but there's two hurt people who have had bad lives, coming together and getting through everything together.
ok rant over woah that was long

pruedens
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am hardcore jater and i am proud of it!!I love everything has to do with them even even the bad stuff!!
Jack is my favorite character and i want to see him happy and the only way this to happen is for him to be with Kate!!Season 3 was awfull for us but season 4 was amazing!!SNBH was the cherry in the pie !!
The way they look to each other the way they laugh ....they kissed is ..just ...i have no words!!Kate loves Jack and she knows it .Her and sawyer look a lot a like but that thing they had was just it .something you do once !!In the eggtown its obvious!!When she slap him in the face and she leaves you see it Sawyer is not made to play happy families and !i think he match more with Juliet !!
So jate is the one!!
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardcore jater to the end!!!
im not even going to bother going to my usual ranting about skate doesn't work or is just a fling, because its been such an ongoing arguement!

besides I love Suliet now, I'd never even think of Skate

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*represents Skate*

Seriously though, at this point, I'm obviously not expecting this to be some huge season of Skate unless they pull out something that they haven't even hinted at yet. However, that doesn't mean that I've stopped loving my ship!

I loved the two references we got from Sawyer about Kate in the premiere eps. They might not be together but you knew he was thinking about her. ♥!

And because I'm all about loving on my ship, not arguing against anybody else's ship, I'll stop here.

*gives cookies to everybody* ♥♥♥!!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*eat cookies* Delicious!

I've always been a jater and I still am, but I must say that my heart has definitely held a soft spot for skate. As sawyer grew as a character the more I appreciated his relationship with Kate. I'm totally with everyone on the horrible things Jack said to Kate about Sawyer in Something Nice Back Home. They were just untrue. It's one of the only times I've actually seen Jack get defensive about her feelings for Sawyer.

I find it really interesting that the boys don't have a beef with each other about being in love with the same women. They're usually really mature about it. It shows that they both just want to make kate happy. She's a lucky girl that Kate Austin.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
*eat cookies* Delicious!

I've always been a jater and I still am, but I must say that my heart has definitely held a soft spot for skate. As sawyer grew as a character the more I appreciated his relationship with Kate. I'm totally with everyone on the horrible things Jack said to Kate about Sawyer in Something Nice Back Home. They were just untrue. It's one of the only times I've actually seen Jack get defensive about her feelings for Sawyer.

I find it really interesting that the boys don't have a beef with each other about being in love with the same women. They're usually really mature about it. It shows that they both just want to make kate happy. She's a lucky girl that Kate Austin.

I totally agree with everything you just said there! I think Kate has made Sawyer into a much nicer character I really think he would be great with Juliet cause she would mature him. They're really sweet too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I'm a disgrace to both ships b/c I just flip back and forth so much...lol I think I'm going to stay out of this debate this season.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some of the events in Season 5, I'll be really angry if they end up with Jate.

Why break up Suliet because of Skate....just for Jate to be endgame?

I'm a Skater, but if having Julietand Sawyer being happy meant Jate ended up together, I could eventually accep that.....eventually,Because Character>Ship.

Some who ship Suliet keep saying Juliet could come back and they could be together again. But after she gave up on their relationship that easily, I really don't see how they could do that.

So yeah, the season 5 finale has enhanced my need for Skate to be endgame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: