Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My choice for the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle IS:
Sawyer & Kate (SKATE)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Jack and Kate (Jate)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
I have not decided! CONVINCE ME!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

filixalveus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I haven't been on here much but I've been dying to debate, so here I am!
Skater. Definately. Why?:
Jack and Kate are cute together, and I think they really do care about eachother, but there's an element missing there. The thing I always catch on in the show, is that Kate wants to be "worthy" of Jack's affection. I'm not sure she really loves him for him rather than his "goodguy" image. I notice also that she's always needing to apologize to him. In the underground water hatch, when she followed the boys and got captured, etc. There just seems to be this thing of "Kate, you're stupid, and you always screw us up." Don't get me wrong, Jack is awesome, and I really like his charactor, I just don't think Jate works as well as Skate.
Sawyer, on the other hand, has lived like her in a lot of ways. He knows what it's like to need to pretend to be someone else. And she never seems screw up with him.
I dunno, it just seems to me that she's just trying to improve her image with Jack, rather than really wanting his affection. But in reality, i don't think either couple is right. But it sure is fun to watch!

~Filix~
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer and Kate are very similar, I agree.

But...

Two WRONGS don't make a RIGHT

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh more JatevsSkate bologna coming up. I tend to believe what Carlton and Damon said (you can search this forum if you dont know). Face it girl: You're never going to be the good girl Jack wants/wanted you to be. Hes had a gazillion opportunities to do something (including a kiss!) and he stood there like a big tool, like a big eunich.
Okay sorry. And please remember, up to the "cage" episodes, I was still undecided. Jack is totally unavailable.

I want everyone (seriously- you too!) to just sit back and get out of any shipper thoughts and focus on Jack as a character. Besides the fact that hes a doctor- what has he ever told Kate about himself? I really tried on this one. She knows virtually nothing. Okay just had to make that point.

Quote:
Two WRONGS don't make a RIGHT

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but what do a wrong and a right make?"

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did tell her about his Dad dying in Austrailia!
He doesn't have to tell her everything about himself, surely the things that he does for her are enough. Take the end of the last episode as an example. Even though he'd found out about her and Sawyer he still risked his own life to help her escape!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying *everything* but something more than that.

LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but what has Sawyer told her?
She only knows his name because she overheard the others!
And he didn't actually want her to think he'd wrote that letter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he told her about the letter, told her that hes killed someone, told her that hes never been in love. And anyways, at least he shows an interest in Kate, Jack has had so many chances...

Maybe this is from a personal standpoint, but theres only so many times you can put yourself out there hoping the other person responds. It hurts each and every time they dont. Life is too short for someone unwilling to move forward. Or stop crying- okay that last thing was a cheap shot, I know

xJBxFROGURTxJBx
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
And anyways, at least he shows an interest in Kate, Jack has had so many chances...

hes shy lol

Rocksiren wrote:

a right just kidding
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Well he told her about the letter, told her that hes killed someone, told her that hes never been in love. And anyways, at least he shows an interest in Kate, Jack has had so many chances...

Maybe this is from a personal standpoint, but theres only so many times you can put yourself out there hoping the other person responds. It hurts each and every time they dont. Life is too short for someone unwilling to move forward. Or stop crying- okay that last thing was a cheap shot, I know

Maybe but I still don't buy the whole Skate thing!
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point is Kate needs to get Jack out of his "shell" because he's been hurt and doesn't want to risk it again, that's the point. Whereas Sawyer just taps dat ass. Ok I can't blame Sawyer for that one...

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe

I know what you mean about Jack though, he needs to learn to trust Kate before he can really talk to her. He was really hurt when Sarah left him for that other guy.

Quote:

I think you forgot about the "I'm not" scene.
xJBxFROGURTxJBx
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah fight the power ashleigh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

Touché

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Nintendo_Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i really don't care about the whole "Jate vs. Skate" thing, but it's possible Jack would take Juliet.... and that would make the "skate" people really happy. But Jack and Kate have been through much together, i don't see how he could just forget about her. i guess this all
Spoiler:

Leads to the fighting between kate and juliet we saw from next week

KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare kiss to kiss. Skate kiss was amazing, perfect, and not expected to be so great for either, but it was. The looks on their faces the way they kissed everything was amazing.

Jate kiss, first of all ended completely horrible if you think about it, she kissed him and then ran away confused...HELLO. lol. But not only that it seemed more like a comforting kiss not a passionate one. Jack didnt seem interested at all and then seemed sympathetic rather than happy that they had finally kissed.

Then you go to the other two kisses of Skate and it just over powers.

But kisses arent the only reason I'm a Skater. They have amazing chemistry, they are so similar, and their love is genuine, it isnt based on pity or admiration, its honest. I think Kate's love for Sawyer is more real, her "love" for Jack has always seemed like "fangirl" love to me. She wants him and loves the idea of loving him, but I think it is more his admirable qualities that make her that way. However, Sawyer is everything she wished she didnt love because he reminds her of her father. But she does love him, and as she gets to know him more and more (especially in Confidence Man and consequently Solitary that has some of the cutest Skate moments ever) she realizes that he is just a beat pup like herself. She loves him because he doesnt have pity for himself or her. He is just doing the best he can with the life he was given and though he is damaged he can offer more to her than Jack can.

Other than just her feelings for them, there is also what each guy can offer her. Sure, Jack gave up freedom for Kate to be able to be happy and go back to the island in I Do, but once again it was pity. He cared for her but didnt love her and knew that he couldnt give her what she wanted. Sawyer on the other hand, everything he did when Pickett was going to shot him...sigh...he told her not to look, he sacrificed himself for her and he gave everything to her. Lucky girl I think! Sawyer can give her an equal instead of a leader. That's what she needs.

Her actions also speak loudly as well. She said she loved Sawyer, even if she said she was lying (Kate doesnt like to admit that she loves people not since everyone she has ever loved has died), she said she would do anything to keep him alive, she went and embarrassed herself in front of Jack asking him to save Ben so that Sawyer could live, etc etc

But more than anything, they have always been equals on the island. They are perfect for one another. That is why I am a Skater.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: