Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The *OFFICIAL* Skate vs Jate Debate!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My choice for the Kate/Sawyer/Jack love triangle IS:
Sawyer & Kate (SKATE)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Jack and Kate (Jate)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
I have not decided! CONVINCE ME!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Kate Austen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JATE.

And Suliet.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as much as I love Suliet, I think the only reason Darlton allowed them to be such a happy, loving and committed couple is because they knew they were going to kill Juliet at the end of the season and they wanted to milk it while they could. Anything else would have resulted in a premature ending to their beloved triangle.

They really need to learn to write believable romances in which the characters act like real human beings and not their puppets. They're almost as bad as Shonda Rhimes in that department. There are plenty of ways to create tension and drama between two people who are emotionally invested in each other without always resorting to bed hopping/fighting/breaking up/physical separation (or if all else fails, killing off one or both parties). They're stranded on a frickin' deserted island where people are constantly trying to hurt, kidnap and kill them and getting pregnant (which they have no real way of protecting themselves from) leads to a slow agonising death! You'd think there would be something there they could use, rather than following the same path as a soap opera, especially when about 75 per cent of the plot already revolves around the mythology.

That's one thing that's always bothered me about Lost. They set up all these great relationships and yet Despenny is maybe the only one that ever went anywhere. And now, with only 9 episodes left and a lot of ground still to cover, it's too late to resolve any of them in any kind of satisfying way. And to do it all in the FS would be kind of a cop out.

I still haven't given up on the idea of Jate, just Darlton's ability to write it. Bring back JJ, I say!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a fan of Jate since day one.I also like Suliet.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena Alexandria wrote:
They really need to learn to write believable romances in which the characters act like real human beings and not their puppets. They're almost as bad as Shonda Rhimes in that department. There are plenty of ways to create tension and drama between two people who are emotionally invested in each other without always resorting to bed hopping/fighting/breaking up/physical separation (or if all else fails, killing off one or both parties). They're stranded on a frickin' deserted island where people are constantly trying to hurt, kidnap and kill them and getting pregnant (which they have no real way of protecting themselves from) leads to a slow agonising death! You'd think there would be something there they could use, rather than following the same path as a soap opera, especially when about 75 per cent of the plot already revolves around the mythology.

Cosign this entire thing, from the other end of the spectrum. I don't care for two of the parties in the RECTANGLE, and liked the other two better when they were written more in-keeping with how they were originally established (and can't picture them together as a couple.) I think the romance ennui would be a hell of a lot more successful plotline if the plot weren't written by adolescent boys; the neediness of the female characters grates on my nerves something awful. (Msg to Kate Austen: The world does not revolve around you.)
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point i'm going with "come what may". I love Skate and always will, and I'm happy with the scenes we've had with them this season, I'm really looking forward to their story in the alt. I've loved Skate since the beginning and I liked Jacket while it lasted. I'm convinced that Juliet is davids mum so I'm really happy that these two couples may possibly both have connections in the alt. (:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: