Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your First Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Your First Time Reply with quote

I have a question (or two) for you seasoned vidders out there:

1. What got you into doing this?
2. What was your first video of/for?
3. Can we see it? Haha.

Wonder if that third one will get any takers.
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Your first time.

I'm so immature.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I loved lost, and I had just learned a bit of WMM from computer class at school.
2. Lost: Beautiful Goodbye - Jack/Kate
3. it's on the site >.< LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, what a good idea for a thread!

1. It was about 3 years ago, I'd seen a large amount of Buffy vids and thought they were awesome, I had no idea how to make them. A friend of mine sent me a vid she'd made. I was amazed. She sent me the software she'd downloaded and gave me a few tips and before I knew it I was making my first vid! And though it was challenging, it was easier than I thought it would be.

2. Technically my first vid was a Spike centric vid but it's so bad I don't even want to post a link to it. Full of insanely long clips and parts that don't go with the beats. So you're not seeing that one. No no no.

3. But you CAN see my second vid ! It's a comedy Buffy piece featuring all the characters. It turned out not too bad considering it was only my second attempt at vidding. It still has a couple of parts that aren't too great (like a lot of instances where you can see a few frames of another scene, which makes me cringe), but it's passable.

Here it is if you want to see it:

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Z0SCYYB0OQOA3AYXMKKGAZLJ0

Can't wait to see other people's responses!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! That was freakin' hilarious! In combination with those song lyrics and those clips it was priceless! Good job on your second vid! (Three years late.)
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: don't laugh at me Reply with quote

Use to make videos for GH (started in 2003) because I started seeing them and thinking--g*d the music these people use sucks. Well being the smart lady i am I started making my own introducing them to british rock . Deleted all my GH videos to make room for my lost ones, but i'm sure i could find a link out there somewhere. My first lost video was too MUSE's Hysteria. Choppy as hell, but it is on the site.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO WEIRD AL!! LMAO!!
Best part: "All your friends are laughing behind your back... KILL THEM"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I got into this because I am studying film production in school and I've always had a love of everything to do with film and television. I love watching fan made videos. I became a fan of "Roswell" when I first bought the DVD's so I watched a lot of fan videos from that fandom and some were good and some not so much. I also found it fun watching fan videos for shows like "Andromeda", "Dark Angel", and some "Angel" videos. I always found it fun watching them and as can be expected some were awful and some were great. The one thing I noticed almost universally through every fandom is that you had to search forever to find a single fan video. You had to go looking for videos and be prepared for a long search. So I went into my first video knowing that some way I was going to make things a bit easier for the Lost fandom. I didn't know how and it took a good long time to go from my first video to the beginnings of LVI. I think I'd already completed my first 3 videos before LVI started to come together.

But for those that wanted a really long winded explanation there it is .

2. No one will EVER see my first film project because that dates back to my high school days and well that was a miserable experience that will never see the light of day. I have several school projects but I don't have any on my computer. Maybe one day I'll upload them onto my harddrive and share.

My first fan video was "You Raise Me Up" a Charlie/Claire video. I made it right after "White Rabbit" which I loved (and am probably very alone in that statement from other forums I've read). I was driving and I heard "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban and all of a sudden it just hit me and I could visualize the clips for this song. Unfortunately, it was done at a time when there was very little C/C footage so it's not a very clip rich video. A lot of the scenes run a bit long, but overall I'm still proud of it because for what little footage I had I think it ultimately worked with the song.

3. Yes, you can see it. Just go track down my vidder profile on LVI and check it out.

Now that you guys have my vidding life story I'm back to trying to find a song for a new video (and yes Laura I still plan on doing that one song but I'm currently on a instrumental song kick...so we'll see what song inspires me the most ).

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Your First Time Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

3. Can we see it? Haha.

This is a great thread by the way.

1. Lost is my first attempt at doing fan videos. I accidentally stumbled upon the video section at Lost-forums.com and was immediately interested. I'd been digitally editing for a few years and making my own silly shorts with my buddys. I thought it would be an interesting challenge to see if I could tackle something like this, and like Laura I was none-too-pleased with many peoples choice of songs so I figured I may as well make a video to a song that at least I would enjoy.

2. I wanted my first video to be to a song that had some emotional gravitas (spelling? eh). My friend had made me a mixed CD of some of his favorite songs and one of them was "I Need Some Sleep" by a band called the Eels. I loved the song and new it was perfect for Jack since I heard a couple of references to his lack of sleep.

3. My video can be found here either under the Jack section, or you can visit my website below and go to my Lost page and find it on the right hand column.

Thanks for making a cool and interesting thread. If I had any notion of where lostcalier lived I'd be interested in seeing his/her (thank you, Hobbes) other work or starting up a project with him/her. But yeah. Play on playas.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!

Last edited by JakeNRoland on Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If I had an notion of where lostcalier lived I'd be interested in seeing his other work or starting up a project with him. But yeah. Play on playas.

"he" huh?

"Aimee" right?
and while we're at it, what does "Calier" mean?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since they do this frequently on the Lost message boards, let's explore possible anagrams for Calier that resemble anything:

A Relic
Claire

Doing them for lostcalier pulls up way too many possibilities to sort through at this hour.

After checking into it though, I might start using ElkDNAonJar or DrJanOnLake. LOL. Okay, it's officially bedtime.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I thought "lostcalier" was kind of like a lostkateer. Only instead of mustketeer it was a play on cavalier. But now that I think about it, it might make more sense to be "lostalier." Hmm...
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Your First Time Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I have a question (or two) for you seasoned vidders out there:

3. Can we see it? Haha.

1. I started downloading Dragonball Z ones, back when I went through the anime phase, and as I found other genres, it made me really interested in making my own, and then I just happened to find WMM.

2. My very first video was this short, weird video for Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean.) I had very limited video resources, lol. My first REAL video was a Sayid video to the music Broken by Amy Lee and Seether.

3. Broken used to be on the site, but it didn't pass the council when we switched to 2.0. I honestly don't mind uploading both of them on to Yousendit.com if anyone actually wants to see, though.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Broken, but I'd love to see your Captain Jack Sparrow vid!

ALSO! Laura, you should track down one of you GH video links... come on. You know you want to!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) My dad bought a computer that had WMM already installed on it. That was 6 months ago, so I started vidding about a month after that, when I started to get torrents and stuff.

2.) First video, a Buffy/Angel montage to Breakaway.

3.) Heck no you can't see it! It's so damn horrible! Actually, my first couple of Buffy vids are extremely horrible. (I went thru this phase of patching Moulin Rouge and Rocky Horror Picture Show songs to Buffy clips, much badness ensued). There's so many blips in them that I couldn't get out, and nothing goes where it's supposed to. Overall, they are grade A bad! I've gotten a lot better tho, as I practice and work with it. Now I primarily vid Lost and Carnivale now cause I deleted all my Buffy torrents (cause they took up a TON of space on my hard drive). I also have a few Lord of the Rings vids that are strictly for non-Internet viewing (I made them for my church). But overall, what I'll submit here is what yer gonna see, if they make it of course (sadly, I do not have a bright gleaming website that'll host my vids yet and being the cheapskate I am, I"m not paying for premium hosting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: