Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: 2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

First aired: 11/30/2005
Writer:
Director:
Guest star: Francois Chau (Dr. Marvin Candle), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko), J. Edward Sclafani (Ticket Agent), Fredric Lehne (Marshal), Beth Broderick (Diane), Lindsey Ginter (Austen), James Horan (Wayne), Sam Anderson (Bernard), L. Scott Caldwell (Rose)

As Kate’s backstory continues, her original crime is revealed. She thinks something is haunting her through Sawyer. Locke and Eko make an interesting discovery about the film, and Michael has a mysterious encounter with the computer.

Talk about tonight's episode. It looks like it's going to be a great episode and I for one am beyond delited to finally find out what the hell Kate did to get herself into thise whole predicament.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I thought that was a pretty good episode....

So what's with the horse? Where the hell did that come from? I loved how Kate was talking to Sawyer and then he was like, "Who the hell is ." forgot his name already lol. And when he didn't believe her and so she took him outside and he was like "Son of a bitch" LMAO that was good
I didn't see how big of a change was with the extra film though. He had a couple extra lines and that was it. And then with Michael talking on the computer and then it said "Dad?" I was like.. whoa. lol.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the extra splices. What a waste of time!

I thought Charlie's presumption about the horses was kind of stupid. In Waipio Valley (Big Island, Hawaii) they have wild horses.

I liked the episode, someone actually got some "closure" and made her peace.

The incident between Jack and Kate was good. Not too much, but just enough that was fitting.
Anyone else think it was strange that no one else said anything at the funeral? Maybe they just felt too bad for Sayid.

Anyone else get the feeling Eko doesnt trust Locke? The line about "dont mistake a coincidence for fate"- made me laugh, just a smidge.

End was a great twist- so they got AIM down on the 84 Mac?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I only have one thing to say....

Kate is even dumber than I ever thought. And I know what you're thinking given my shipper history. Trust me, it's not what you think. It's because she kissed Jack! (Yes, a Jater is complaining about the infamous Jate kiss!) Why the hell did she kiss Jack if she likes Sawyer? Retard.

Screw this, I'm shipping Sayid and Ana from now on. Haha.

Also, those last five minutes? "Dad?" So worth it!

Eko! I love you darling! ("Don't mistake coincidence for fate.")
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didn't get the film thing either. I was expecting like this huge thing that would make them think completely different! But all it was was a little thing about not using the computer. yeah a little disappointment there.

Also disappointment in the Jate kiss. First of all I knew it was coming. Second of all, it was like so out there because ten seconds later she was like telling Sawyer her feelings for him. Don't kiss one guy and then go on telling another guy you like him. It could have been done a whole lot better.

Also the whole Dad part was awesome! I was like Holy Shit! It's Walt!

Loved the Locke/Eko interaction.

Shannon's funeral: WTF? You call that a funeral...pshhh. It was very....something. Can't find the word now but I know it will come to me sometime.

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good episode.

The whole Jate kiss was complete crap. I'm not saying that as a Skater, I'm saying it as if I were a Jater.

I swear to God, I think Jack is gay. Kate kissed him and then he seemed pissed afterwards that she kissed him.

omg what a cliffhanger!
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was pissed because she immediately ran off......or so I thought.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the way they did the Shannon funeral. The way it seemed like a few of them were scattering to get there and kind of out of sorts. It was like, "Okay, we've had too many of these already." I thought they did a good job of portraying the funeral as something that they are all used to and something that is just expected. And I am sure that was the point of it.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think you're right KC. I blame all my random tangents on sleep deprivation.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode RULED!

1st thing: Kate chose Sawyer! HAHAHAHA Jaters! Jana on it's way too.

The horse: wtf? That's going to inspire WAY too many "'Wild Horses' by Kelly Clarkson" vids Cool though...

Locke and Eku are TOALLY Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Has anyone read that stor from the clues in the crossword? Total fit. I wonder if there's anyone else in the world who was thinking of that reference and laughed at the irony that both Micheal AND Eko seemed to be taking the place of Enkidu, since they both came from the "wild", they each fit the bill.. Like I said, probably nobody else in the world that laughed at that
Eko knows Locke far too well ("Don't mistake coincidence for fate"), but from wha;t I see, he doesn't regard him as an enemy or someone out to harm anyone. He wanted to help Locke. And they worked together to solve the mystery! He acted more like an older brother chiding his eager little pal to calm down when he said the fate this
Is it just me, or did Locke kinda seem... well.... stupid this epsode? Either he's hiding his cards really well, or he's really no further ahead than anyone else. He's not dangerous anyway he's been perfectly reasonable for a long time already.

As far as Eko and Locke go, this ep I saw them as rivals, but imporessed with each other's skills, and growing a friendship. Bout time Locke has a buddy who isn't a retard 25-year-old! (OH too far! )

Jack can have Ana. He can TOTALLY have Ana. That's been the only scene really so far where she hasn't bugged me. That's a sign of something special right there. More episodes like these I say!

Now, the main event: Kate's flashback. I know there aren't too many people who think Kate is the best character on the show (well, except for LC) ;but I thought that was a really good explanation of what she did and why she did it. It was touching, made sense and.... doesn't change a thing It was an easy one That was her twist and there wasn't a twist. Fine if you're not one of those people that likes a shakeup, because it made for a nice episode. But if you do love the twists and shakeups, then I really hope this isn't a sign to come for every other twist the wrters have planned.... all this episode did was clarify what we all susp;ected from the beginning: that Kate really didn't do such a bad crime, she did it to help her mom and herself, and she's not such a horrile mass-murdering criminal that only a few 6-year-olds actually thought.
It was more of a Skater flashback than anyything... it explained why Kate's been suc a B*TCH to Sawyer, and why now nothing can stand in their way! *cue Aislynn dancing*

The funeral was kinda as I expected... nobody cares anymore. they're starting to get more used ot people dying, as they rightly should be! They're on a freaking island in the middle of nowhere! people die! But Sayid was so... almost pissed off at himself for being the only one who cared enough, but being unable to say the words needed because he couldn't keep from crying awww...
I think it may be time to stop worrying about ;;;;;lesser main characters dying. It's going to happen, and probably more frequently now. No use getting worked up each time one goes, especially if the show doesn't stop to mourn either. I trust the writers in wha;t they're doing though, they seem to have made a concious decision to make it obvious nobody really cares that Shannon, yet another person, is dead.

Heh, the Jate kiss was more of an anti-jate kiss ;;Jack was so confused! he thinks she's crazy too! Told you it was him who wasn't going with the relationship.
Seems to me Kate was giving her last shot at getting away from her past, by going after Jack. He surely resembles Tom, her boyfriend doctor who she ended up getting killed;, and her last stab at not thinking of hersef as trash by being with Sawyer. or at least as far as I can tell. When he didn't reciprocate, that was her last chance gone! Bye bye Kate!

Hmm... what else, what else....? Oh! Zelda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch was Kate's mom Dude!

that last part of the show, right with Micheal on the computer: "OHHH those BASTARDS! Messing with his mind?! Little BUGFERS"

Next episode looks AWESOME. Eko's ep may I assume? Either way, the promo of him reading his passage as the chaos started is just too perfect. HHe's the total rembodiement of Brother Justin from Carnivale! AWESOME!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I really really like rice.

Second of all, I have decided that poor Kate has DOUBLE Daddy syndrome. (That typical "girls always go for guys like their dad" plot device.) And that's perhaps why I'm so disillusioned by that whole storyline now. Could it be any more cliche?

Her REALDad (Wayne) = Sawyer
Her FAKEDad (armyguy) = Jack

I said in L-F that her real dad was STILL going to call the cops on her (do-the-right-thing, like Jack) but he was going to give her time to run. (SO a Jack thing to do.)

So in that way the triangle makes more sense to me now.

Moreover, Jack/Ana? N-o. Sayid/Ana? Yes! Yes! Yes!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are totally onto something right there KC. Not the Sayid/Ana thing though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sayana? I like it.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! Let's hear it for Sayana!

Actually, my choice of shipper name for them would be "The Undead."
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
1st thing: Kate chose Sawyer! HAHAHAHA Jaters! Jana on it's way too.
[/color]

*coughcough* Kate may have chosen Sawyer, but Sawyer has NOT chosen Kate. Since Sawyer/Shannon is no longer an option, I have decided that Sawyer will slowly heal from the pain of his lost Sticks with Sun. Sawyer/Sun. Yes. Come to the dark side. Say it with me...Sawyer/Sun.

That is one gorgeous horse. And I fangirl squeed when Desmond was mentioned.

Mad love to: Michael, Eko, and Locke (who mentioned Desmond!)

Went wild over the ending.

I'm extremely disappointed that Kate wasn't an ecoterrorist. Don't get me wrong, I knew she wasn't, but still...I hoped. Instead, she's just a run-of-the-mill tormented-childhood murdered. Much like Ana-Lucia. Hunh.

sig by niki blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: