Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Site Changes Reply with quote

Those of you creepishly fanatic enough to notice any little changed detail in LVI () MIGHT have noticed a few changes to the site! We are in the middle of a quick change to the way we display the vidder names (should be working fully tomorrow hopefully) and we've also added one HUGE section for searching, looking up past awards, and displaying the top vidders on the site which I like to call the "Council Pick Page". Hopefully the value of a Council Pick Seal will be a little better than what is used to be this way, and it provides an even more convenient way to find the best videos.

Oh, but good luck finding it more links will be on their way thoughout the site later, but for now there's just one link somewhere on the site. Have fun searching. the first to find it gets a cookie (more details on prizes in the last pages of the "LVI Button" thread )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the Council Picks page! Damn, I'm obsessive... Now give me a cookie!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I found it. Shouldn't second person get a dodgy home brand cookie or something like that?

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found it too
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ell now that it's extremely obvious ... what do you think of the changes?

I think based on that thread that they are IMAGINARY cookies. UnlessTom Co. want's to give me the secret of how to make them... or somehting
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I should be tied = with crazy mol in the hall of fame

The page and search facility are great ideas. Any more changes coming aswell?
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey I should be tied = with crazy mol in the hall of fame Laughing

Shoulda named yourself "AAA" then! THEN you could beat her!

A few more are indeed on their way. Keep giving us suggestions and we may even implement them! I might, that is to say, and "try", that is to say...
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fun like a scavenger hunt! Find the changes on LVI!

Banner: Shinythings
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a quick search feature.

You're doing a bang up job Hobbes! I agree that the more prominent LVI CP Hall of Fame makes it a coveted prize now and it is a terrific way to showcase the great vidders. The area that has the LVI CP's is nice for the novice vidders (read -noobies) to learn which vids are great and to learn by example.

Perhaps somewhere on that LVI CP page you could have a section for the people interested in learning about vidding and direct them to a link to LVI's video help section so that they can learn the ins and outs of vidding along with the not so obvious clip theft rule. (yow what a run on sentence that was)

p.s. I just noticed the post above mine and ^ebizmybef74^ everytime I see your name I remember the explanation of how you got your nick and it makes me smile!

My lost music vids
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:

p.s. I just noticed the post above mine and ^ebizmybef74^ everytime I see your name I remember the explanation of how you got your nick and it makes me smile!

I can't believe you remember that explanation. It was so long ago or so it seemed! lol. And then when I look at your name I remember how you tried to help me with some technological problem ages ago and how I was a computer idiot. Ah those were the days.

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, I remember BOTH of those!

Quote:

Perhaps somewhere on that LVI CP page you could have a section for the people interested in learning about vidding and direct them to a link to LVI's video help section so that they can learn the ins and outs of vidding along with the not so obvious clip theft rule. (yow what a run on sentence that was)

I like that a lot, it would be nice to have a more official page on this sort of thing. We've always relied on the forums to explain these sorts of things (and if you look at some of the old topic, you'll notice some beginner's guides).

Thanks for the praise, btw! but to be fair,I did need help from E here and there on the stuff I just learned coding about a month ago, so I'm still a novice in these sorts of things.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are on the topic of suggestions. Would it be possible to have people promote this site with an official badge/icon/image that they could superimpose on their winning LVI CP vid? (I mean an image not on the actual video) Since my Shannon vid was picked so long ago it would be nice to have a pic/badge on the image I have at my site which would also serve to have a hyperlink to LVI.

Something like this:

Possibly some guidelines on the usage of such an image and if there is any doubt about the authenticity (if the vid was actually chosen and can have the badge) you can just click it to come back to the LVI videos page and check. Extending this it would be cool to have an "Official" mark for all the Hall of Famers to proudly display on their websites along with appropriate hyperlinks back.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that certainly is an interesting suggestion

I'm not sure I understand completely, but are you asking for a way to basically print an "official" CP seal in the corner of any video that wins one, and then all the vidder can link or save that image and post it back on their site? If that's the case, it would have to be an automatic process, because there's no way we could concievably modify images that quickly without it really being a pain, and I'm sceptical if there arew any simple ways to go about doing that.

If you mean a page that; tells people they have permission to show off their CP, or to give them a universal banner that anyone with a CP can display at other places... I thought that was the case already!
However, why would anyone want an image they can take with them hen they can just show people their page on LVI? ; heheh.

Well if that's the case, we're kinda thinking of going more heavilly on graphics later on, so we'll think abut this
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight thats an awesome idea! Anyone is free to make and display banners like yours (it looks great btw) that link to their LVI vid page. We won't go out of our way to make them for everyone of course lol, but i encourage all CP winners to have a go at making their own!

We should probably just make that clear on the CP page too.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize it was ok to use the LVI seal. What I was asking about/suggesting was some sort of instructions on usage of the seal and also if it was ok to make a pic like the example for my own site. I wasn't asking for some automated process to input an image then spit out the stamped badged image, but that would be cool too!

p.s. Big E sneaked in as I was posting! Thanks for the confirmation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: