Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desperate Housewives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Desperate Housewives Reply with quote

YES it is true, Warren is not the only one who watches this addictive show anymore. I'm still on the first season and I'm about half way through and I gotta say that this show is great, I'm lovin every minute of it. It's not as great as Lost but it's still pretty damn good. I love all of the characters, especially Lynette and her wacky misbehavin kids. lol.
She's diffinately my favourite DH.

I am dying to find out what really happened to Mary Alice to make her kill herself. I'm gonna find out soon enough.
Can't wait, WooHoo!!!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! Holly's been lost to DH.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!? Why am I the poster-child of watching this show? I don't like it that much, I've only seen like 8 episodes. But it's a well-done show, with a fairly interesting plot (at least in the first season... second season is absolutely PATHETIC ) so I said it was pretty good, not that I watch religiously I just watch it with my mom and sister occasionally, is all.

Now if oyu want anothershow that I watch religiously, then you've gotta watch House House rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Settle down Warren, I just remember the numerous occasions where you said you watched the show or that you were off to watch it, thats all. Don't bite my head off now.
Anyway I think it's a great show. I bought it for my sister's 23rd birthday cause she told me that it was awesome so we've been watching it for the past couple of hours.
and HELL NO MG, Lost is still my #1 show of all time and nothing will ever change that.
Unless they bring back Buffy or Angel that is.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This show is crap.
I lost my interest at ep 5.
Lost is a million times better.
Now I heard DH season2 actually worse than the first season...imagine that.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know some gy who was part of the cast this season got fired for exposing himself on set.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telling someone to settle down doesn't help you know it only makes it worse because then they suddenly look crazy and obsessed
Weren't there others who watched this show? I coulda sworn there were....
DH is a good fun show, but it isn't even comparable to Lost. I can't believe that it won that (what was it?) award last year for best Drama. Thank God Lost got the Emmy, or that would be seriously screwed up. It has the reality tv wives fanbase though, which is probably why it's so popular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Well at least you gave it a shot Nate, and I never said that it was better then lost. I believe I said, and I quote "It's not as great as Lost but it's still pretty damn good". Haven't seen any of season 2 yet so I can't say that it's better or worse than season 1 but I'm gonna see eventually now won't I?
MG wrote:
you know some gy who was part of the cast this season got fired for exposing himself on set.

LOL Really? Now why wasn't I there?
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this show, but nowhere near as much as I love LOST, no way. LOST is a trillon times better, and absolutely better actors! Don't like Teri Hatcher that much anymore, she seems like a b***h to me.
Though I like the storyline, but the producer made a HUGE mistake by revealing the mysteries in the last episode in S1.. they should have kept some for next season, like LOST
Haven't seen anything out of season 2, but I've read what it's about and it doesn't seem good at all.
My guess is that this show will end after 2-3 seasons, if they don't make something drastical. It could last a lot longer than that - it's a soapish show - but in the end it's not going to last.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah I already know that the storyline is summed up by the finale of season 1. So season 2 is probably going to have this whole new mystery thing happening, like Veronica Mars. VM has been going great in their season 2 but then again, I'm not going hold my breath either for DH. I hope it's just as good as the first season though.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I've never seen any Veronica Mars, but I hear it's great. What's it about??
Yeah I'm sure they'll make up new storylines on DH but I feel it's not going to be as good as S1, though... good thing we've still got LOST!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too lazy to write up my own summary of VM but I found the one that Charmax wrote up for me a while back when I asked her about the show.
Charmax wrote:
A short description of the show - Veronica Mar's dad is a private detective and Veronica uses the detective skills she has picked up from him to solve cases at her high school. The season long arc is that Veronica's best friend Lilly was killed 18 months ago and she is trying to find out who did it. Veronica's dad was run out of the police force because he was digging to deep so he turned PI.
Key characters are
Veronica, Clever independent has some great one liner put downs.

Logan, spoilt rich kid from the world’s most dysfunctional family and cynical and sarcastic. Beaten by his father.

Weevil, bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Helps out Veronica quite a bit.

Duncan, Veronica's ex and Lilly's brother. Seemingly perfect but with a disturbing secret.

Wallace, The obligatory best friend. As Xander is to Buffy so Wallace is to Veronica.

The show itself has great dialogue and characterization. It did take me a couple of episodes to get into but I was soon hooked.

The only actors I am familiar with are Paris Hilton she did a one of guest appearance, Alyson Hannigan she's appeared twice as Logan's sister and that guy who used to be in LA Law.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: