Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip Theft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is blatantly the same video! How odd! O_o
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! The nerve of some people!! Sorry Paul. Did you call her on it I hope?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted comments on her main page but think she deleted them or has to approve them.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I get this email from one of my fans of my vids asking me to watch her Brennan and Angela vid and tell her what I think. So I get to the end and see she stole an entire manipulated scene from my one of my Brennan and Angela vids Yet she seems to think nothing of it b/c she asked me to watch it! LOL that's a new one! She obviously doesn't understand so I tried to be nice. I told her to either give me credit or take the vid down. We'll see. But just wanted to give you all a heads up. Watch out for this girl!

Her vid: stolen scenes at 3:40-3:42, 3:45-3:51 and 4:41-4:43 and the shots of the ring are from my vid too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Tu1oHkUg8&feature=email

My vids that she stole from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgMCU9CNBE&list=UU9OOFjmJQ4j4bcRgSQ7yLUg&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szm3-vpJfzo&list=UU9OOFjmJQ4j4bcRgSQ7yLUg&index=13&feature=plcp

Last edited by nikkimonique on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate clip theft. I don't think I've seen any of my videos get snatched or anything at least that I have seen anyway... and a lot of my older videos, before I really put watermarks on them, got taken down with my old YT account, so nobody can take those thankfully.

However, I have had someone take my hard work taken from me with many of my Supernatural banners/wallpapers when I had my own website for the show/forum, and someone at a SPN site posted the link to the site and the guy tried taking credit for stuff I made. Luckily when I messaged him, as did my friend, he understood and gave me credit.

I'm sorry to hear you all are having/had issues with clip theft. I'll keep an eye out for any.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's two kinds of people who steal clips. Those who don't care; and those who are clueless about it and don't understand that it's not the right thing to do.

And I think the person who stole from you had no idea what she did wasn't the right thing to do becuase she asked you to look at her vid.

I think there's a lot of fans out there like that; who are just clueless. And don't understnad the hard work and thought that goes into our vids.

I don't think I've ever had anyone steal clips from me but I also wouldn't want to.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its obvious that she doesn't get it but its frustrating trying to understand how anyone could think stealing an entire manipped scene is okay?

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who don't make vids that often; is my take. They don't understand the hard work.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get a reply back from her about your vid, Nikki?
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah click on the link to her vid and you'll see our conversation.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. It says 4 comments; but it's not showing them. I've never seen YT do that before.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she flagged them as spam so they wouldn't show up. But basically she said that she was sorry and didn't realize it was such a big deal and that she was going to create her own scenes but then her computer F'ed up so she just used mine and she said that people take her clips all the time and she's cool with it and sees it as a form of flattery that they want to copy her. I told her, well its not cool with me so don't do it again and I made her credit me in the summary b/c she wasn't going to take it down.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you; for standing your ground. You deserve credit it she's not going to take down the vid.

And just becuase she is fine with it doesn't mean other people are. I don't think of it as flattery; I view it as quite the opposite.
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think she was just trying to make up excuses for why she stole it...and yeah its so not flattery..its plagiarizing!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I assumed too; was that she was making up excuses of why she stole it.

I don't understand why people think passing something off as their own work is right. Even if it's small; like taking a random clip from someone's vid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: