Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x17 - "...In Translation" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: 1x17 - "...In Translation" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

I figured I'd open a official discussion thread for tonights episode and see if it's popular enough to do one for every new episode.

Let the discussions begin!

Below is the episode description taken from: http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html

...In Translation
gs: Bryon Chung (Mr. Paik) John Choi (Butler) Joey Yu (Byung Han) Chil Kong (White Suit) John Shin (Father) Angelica Perreira (Bryon's Daughter) Tess Young (Best Friend) Kiya Lee (Byung's Wife)

When the raft the survivors have been building mysteriously burns down, Michael is convinced that Jin is responsible for the sabotage, which only further escalates their rivalry. Meanwhile, Sun stuns her fellow survivors with a surprising revelation. Boone gives Sayid a warning about his step-sister Shannon. Lastly, more of Jin's past is revealed with his troubled marriage to Sun and her mysterious father prior to the crash in flashbacks.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prediction: Jin didn't actually kill someone while working for Sun's dad, and he also isn't the one who burns down the raft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Shayid is SO DAMN CUTE!

lostgirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love this ep. it was so good
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ep but they're running out of people to fix! Shannon and Sayid are set now, as is... um.... well basically everyone Locke even talks to
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know your obsessed with LOST when every new episode is the greatest LOST episode ever LOL. Tonight's episode was fantastic! Loved Daniel Kim! What a great job from everyone. You know my sister called the batteries running out on his cd player. She just had to say "OMG the batteries still work?" Then when they died i said "No more music montages! are you happy bitch?!?"

Still want Sun&Michael together lol-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The batteries running out on Hurley's CD player was both the funniest and the saddest thing ever!

I was just thinking "Man, those are some seriously good batteries" when he said "Son of a bitch."

I laughed, as it was funny, but seriously, if that was me and I was stuck on an island and my CD player had no more batteries that would be about the time that I would go freaking postal! I NEED music!

Also, forget Charlie/Claire! Sayid/Shannon all the way!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same damn thing as your sister Laura so you can blame me too! I was like "How the hell are those batteries still working if he is listening to that every day even if he brought a few spares!" When it actually stopped playing I first thought my hard drive capture device screwed up the sound and got worried till Hurley smaked his player.

I don't think that kid could have done such a great job of torching the raft by himself. I think Locke must have helped pour some aviation fuel in there as well. Notice how at the end Locke tells Walt that he likes it here too! Hmm.

I liked the episode but found myself getting angry that I was feeling sorry for Jin.

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why were you feeling angry for being sorry for Jin? Everything he does, he does it to protect Sun, and then he gets crushed when he finds out that, after all that, she was planning to leave him. Just think, if you were stuck on an island with a bunch of strangers, no cops, and a language barrier, would YOU want your spouse dressing any more revealing than she is already? Especially when she looks like THAT! Come on!
And as far as backstory goes, he did everything he could to be nice, and saved that guy who his boss got mad at. He's not a bad guy at all.

And neither is Sawyer... but I'll get to that later

Batteries was the saddest thing ever. Yet the funniest too. Poooooooooooooor Hurley. I would be so depressed from that
I guess that's why he ends up discovering that thing that makes him want to ead the expedition to Rousseau.... boredom LOL
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is my bias towards his softer side. He did save that guy and felt awful for beating him up in front of his daughter. Did you catch the show the daughter was watching the first time Jin came in? I am pretty sure Hurley was on the TV with Korean subtitles. Not sure of that significance yet...

I like Sawyer too. He is also a "badass" who has a vulnerable side that Kate touched on after figuring out who wrote the letter he is carrying.

Hurley's CD player dying I can just imagine this is going to cause him to do a lot of "Dude. Step back. I'm not in a very good mood anymore. All work and no tunes makes Hurley 300 lbs of pure anger."
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hurley's CD player dying I can just imagine this is going to cause him to do a lot of "Dude. Step back. I'm not in a very good mood anymore. All work and no tunes makes Hurley 300 lbs of pure anger."

L M A O
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else wonder what Hurley's doing on Korean TV?

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second time it showed the TV screen it looked like he was being follow by paparazi or something. unless i'm just crazy.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're right. Got it on DVR and we went back to it. That's exactly what it looked like.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Anyone else wonder what Hurley's doing on Korean TV?

I have a good idea but it would involve giving away spoilers and I'm not sure how you guys feel about spoilers. But on the bright side we get Hurely's episode in a week .

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: