Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tournament Talk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! I tried to make out with you just a week ago Nathan XD!
and you told me about your sorta solo live ! *ggg*
anyway, I'm free and almost legal ^.~

and yeah, we broke up, he's in love with one of my best friends -.-
though, she's not in love with him

and thanks agan that you guys voted for me ^^
I feel so honored you can't even imagine how. I put m yheart in my work and to see that people like it enough to vote for it is wonderfull
thanks! Love you all!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morelight! You're back!
Glad you like the tournament idea, picking the best video as a council just... wouldn't have been nearly as fun This way when a video loses, they can't blame us I just hope you enjoy the main focus of the tournament: enjoying the best of what LVI has to offer over the last year.

Do you plan on voting?

Oh, and I nominated your Perfect Day vid, but it didn't quite make the cut (complicated points system, don't ask... lol ) but just so you know, you do have one big fan of that vid here, despite the many months since it was released
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This Tournament was a wonderful idea!!!!

I've already voted on a few topics, can't wait to check the other vids! So many good stuff I'd have missed if it wasn't for this... Great idea, you guys!!!

And I CAN'T BELIEVE I have 3 vids of mine on this thing... Oh, geez... I'm so flattered!!!

Just one small question, though: Why is "A & B" listed under the Triangle Video voting???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Di wrote:
Wow! This Tournament was a wonderful idea!!!!

I've already voted on a few topics, can't wait to check the other vids! So many good stuff I'd have missed if it wasn't for this... Great idea, you guys!!!

And I CAN'T BELIEVE I have 3 vids of mine on this thing... Oh, geez... I'm so flattered!!!

Just one small question, though: Why is "A & B" listed under the Triangle Video voting???

Thanks for liking the tournament! It's great to see it lets some people notice the vids they never did before!

If you'd believe it, you almost had four in! but the limit was made to be three per person, just to make it evened out.

As for "A & B" well it may be more about Jack and Sawyer than Kate (which btw, is one VERY odd occurence in these vids ) but Kate's always the underlying fact, isn't she? It was such a great video that that just seemed to be the best category to fit it in. Not to mention I for one rememebred it as a triangle video rather than just a Sawyer/Jack video when I nominated it But hey, it's winning right now, so I guess we decided right!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Di
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Thanks for liking the tournament! It's great to see it lets some people notice the vids they never did before!

If you'd believe it, you almost had four in! but the limit was made to be three per person, just to make it evened out.

As for "A & B" well it may be more about Jack and Sawyer than Kate (which btw, is one VERY odd occurence in these vids ) but Kate's always the underlying fact, isn't she? It was such a great video that that just seemed to be the best category to fit it in. Not to mention I for one rememebred it as a triangle video rather than just a Sawyer/Jack video when I nominated it But hey, it's winning right now, so I guess we decided right!

Wow! If I had 4 vids I'd just faint! lol Thanks!!!

Yeah, well, "A & B" was just Jack/Sawyer, but now that I think of it, it could have a sort of triangle perspective to it... as if it's from Kate's POV, looking at those two, trying to compare them... So, yeah, I guess it could also be a triangle vid.

lol And I can't believe it's winning!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Di your vids are great so it's no surprise that you have 4 vids up for the wins!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I just voted for some videos ^^

But I am so sad about, that my 'Full of Grace' isn't in the poll at all.

Well that means I have to work harder for next year, hope there will be another tournament too ^^

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if we didn't include your videos but you realize there are very few spots open to be shared amongst many, many, great videos. If all goes well, we will indeed be having more tournaments in the future I'm sure you'll get up in there next time!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFFICIAL ROUND 1 RESULTS!

Congratulations to all the winners and losers of this round, you were all excellent contenders, so you should feel very proud.
Tomorrow Round Two will begin, and a whole new set of videos will be up for voting. Please feel free to vote in those as well, and help us crown the best video on LVI!

Here are the results: The wining videos are in bold

44-Nothing compares 2 u VS 46-Tanzan and Jane
43-Brand New Day VS 21-I can't catch you
38-Easier to run VS 28-She's a rebal
36-CELLS VS 9-Porcelain
35-Aerials VS 54-Vengeance is Thine
32-99 Problems VS 19-No tears
30-I need some sleep VS 42-Perfect (Jack's past)
29-Leaving on a Jet Plane VS 14-Learn to fly
24-Horoscope for Today VS 48-Particle man
22-Season 2 trailer VS 47-Winter Overture
15-My Hero VS 58-Scars
13-Going Down Swinging VS 34-Cherish [Claire and Sawyer]
12-Asshole VS 4-Hit the Road Jack
3-Cry me a river VS 41-Looking through your eyes

This video pairing will be reset and voted on again in round 2, as #55-"Lockum" didn't have a working link, so the results weren't very fair.
55-Lockum VS 25-Speed of Sound
Please make sure you cast your vote again, watching both videos before you vote! thanks for the cooperation

All topics will be locked until the site is updated tomorrow with the start of the next round, so please don't worry if you're unable to vote.

Good luck to all in the next round!
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to vote .... ... damn CPs
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll just have to get better then!

okay, the voting topics are all up and ready to go. The main site should be up soonm, check it out to see the updates of which vids are on and off
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm alot better than what i used to be..i think.... i just dont have any of the eps or vegas on my computer anymore....
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Goodbye vs. Surrender = HARD.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i'm alot better than what i used to be..i think.... i just dont have any of the eps or vegas on my computer anymore....

Well, keep sending them in, if you can make such amazing photoshop images, I'm sure you can make some sweet vds (HUGE thanks btw, this avatar is AMAZING, and you'll see it somewhere else soon too!)

Quote:
Not Goodbye vs. Surrender = HARD.

Well I hope you can appreciate why we decided to make this a public vote rather than have to choose by our lonesome. Voting is a tough tough thing... too many vids that are just too good to choose between
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KC that is one of the hardest pairings yet. On my part I'm just excited one of my videos made it past the first round...lol. Considering the competition I'm having my doubts whether my "Haunted" video will make it on because to be honest if "Haunted" wasn't my video I probably would have voted for the other video myself...lol. Anyway, I love both vidders and I absolutely love each of the videos so I have no clue which way I'm going to go on the poll KC mentioned. It's a near impossible choice to make. I may have to flip a coin to decide which way I vote on this one .

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: