Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ill be looking through your eyes" by Lost-majs (

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: "Ill be looking through your eyes" by Lost-majs ( Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Ill be looking through your eyes" 01-01-2017
A video about Isak and Even from the tvseries SKAM
Fandom: Multifandom
Song: 33 God by Bon Iver
Vidder: Lost-majs
Length: 3.17 (147MB WMW)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGHK0igXT0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGHK0igXT0Q

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

Great vid. I'm not familiar with this series. I thought you did a really good job showing their story. Your lyric use was fantastic. I loved the VO/text at the end. What language were they speaking? Great job!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! It's a norwegian show called Skam. It's usually just watched in Norway, Sweden and Denmark, but because it's so good, it's now getting popular in other parts of the world aswell. It's quite amazing, I can only recommend everybody to start watching it! It made me wan't to make vids again after a 7-year-break, haha. I'm so glad you liked the video!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

Norwegian, okay. I didn't quite recognize the language. I liked that you had that VO in Norwegian. I thought that was really neat. I didn't think I had seen any vids from you in while. Wow, 7 years. I didn't realize it had been that long. That's great it inspired you to start vidding again. Hope to see more vids from you soon.
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

3852 wrote:
Norwegian, okay. I didn't quite recognize the language. I liked that you had that VO in Norwegian. I thought that was really neat. I didn't think I had seen any vids from you in while. Wow, 7 years. I didn't realize it had been that long. That's great it inspired you to start vidding again. Hope to see more vids from you soon.

Thank you! I've actually made 2 other Skam-vids, that you can watch here if you are curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkAacXIfBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jnHpF28TnU

I just didn't want to "spam" LVI with all my skam-vids in one week, haha! But yes, I do think I'm back to vidding a bit again. Maybe lost soon aswell! I miss it. Can't believe it's been so long either. I got quite sad to be honest, when I stopped by LVI again a few weeks ago, and saw how many members/vidders that seem to be gone. It's a lot more quiet here than it used to. A shame, cause it's an amazing place! And I remember you from back in the day What have you been vidding since then?
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

Quote:
I just didn't want to "spam" LVI with all my skam-vids in one week, haha! But yes, I do think I'm back to vidding a bit again. Maybe lost soon aswell! I miss it. Can't believe it's been so long either. I got quite sad to be honest, when I stopped by LVI again a few weeks ago, and saw how many members/vidders that seem to be gone. It's a lot more quiet here than it used to. A shame, cause it's an amazing place! And I remember you from back in the day What have you been vidding since then?

I'll try to check those out. That would be great to see some new Lost vids from you.Still my favorite show. It is a bit more quiet. Activity is a bit more sporadic. I think so many of us have kind of grown up with LVI and so life sometimes gets in the way of vidding and just hanging out. But it is so nice to have this place as kind of home base that we can all return to and share our vids.

I'm still vidding primarily Lost. I have expanded into some Once Upon a Time vids. I started doing AU's sometimes- usually Lost/Once crossover stuff. I also started to do more multi-fandoms. I got a bit burnt out with YouTube bugging me about my music all the time, so I primarily vid with instrumentals now. That's changed the way I vid a little bit. I am hoping to do some lyrical vids again soon and kind of return to my roots. I have several Skate, Jate, and a Lost/Haven vid I would love to do. Really, I need to just pick one and get to work.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Quote:

I'll try to check those out. That would be great to see some new Lost vids from you.Still my favorite show. It is a bit more quiet. Activity is a bit more sporadic. I think so many of us have kind of grown up with LVI and so life sometimes gets in the way of vidding and just hanging out. But it is so nice to have this place as kind of home base that we can all return to and share our vids.

I'm still vidding primarily Lost. I have expanded into some Once Upon a Time vids. I started doing AU's sometimes- usually Lost/Once crossover stuff. I also started to do more multi-fandoms. I got a bit burnt out with YouTube bugging me about my music all the time, so I primarily vid with instrumentals now. That's changed the way I vid a little bit. I am hoping to do some lyrical vids again soon and kind of return to my roots. I have several Skate, Jate, and a Lost/Haven vid I would love to do. Really, I need to just pick one and get to work.

Yeah I think you're right! And then with Lost ending, the thing that we had in common on LVI - besides vidding - was missing. But it's great that the place is still here and running in spite of fewer comments, vids and so on. I wonder how "old" LVI is by now?

Sounds really interesting with your vidding-ideas! You seem to have quite a lot of things to get started on I can imagine that vidding with instrumental songs must change ones style and be pretty challenging at times. But also fun! Getting to work with the clips in a new way, maybe with voiceovers and stuff? I've only ever made 2 videos with instrumental songs, but I remember having a lot of fun with those.
I haven't seen Once Upon a Time yet, but a friend of mine is always recommending it, haha! And if you, a fellow lost-fan, is also a recommending it, maybe I should give it a try. Hmm
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah I think you're right! And then with Lost ending, the thing that we had in common on LVI - besides vidding - was missing. But it's great that the place is still here and running in spite of fewer comments, vids and so on. I wonder how "old" LVI is by now?

Sounds really interesting with your vidding-ideas! You seem to have quite a lot of things to get started on I can imagine that vidding with instrumental songs must change ones style and be pretty challenging at times. But also fun! Getting to work with the clips in a new way, maybe with voiceovers and stuff? I've only ever made 2 videos with instrumental songs, but I remember having a lot of fun with those.
I haven't seen Once Upon a Time yet, but a friend of mine is always recommending it, haha! And if you, a fellow lost-fan, is also a recommending it, maybe I should give it a try. Hmm

I think LVI is around 12, give or take.

I am still trying to get myself all ready to start vidding. I think once I get on a roll, it should go pretty well.

The biggest change for me with using instrumentals vs lyrical, is that I used to hear a song and then the video idea would form based on the lyrics. Now, more often than not, I start on the video and then try to find the song to fit it. I do tend to use Voice over more with instrumentals.

Once Upon a Time is pretty good. It's one of my favorites. I enjoy their take on classic fairytales. It has its Lost-esque elements, like the good guys aren't perfect and the bad guys are redeemable. It uses flashbacks to explore their stories like Lost did. My biggest issue with it is that they do a lot of magical curses and sometimes they feel similar to other ones and I get a bit confused about continuity when they visit other lands/realms. I would recommend checking it out though. It is a fun show.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Ill be looking through your eyes by Lost-majs Reply with quote

That's a lovely video!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Multi-fandom Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: