Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas no longer opening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Vegas no longer opening Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been MIA for over a year because I had a baby and lost time for vidding. But now I want to get back in the game and I have a problem...Vegas won't open! I have Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 and I admit it wasn't obtained legally. But it worked fine as recently as a year ago. Now, it won't open no matter where I try to open it from. I tried running as an admin, nothing.

I'm thinking the file that opens it got corrupted or something? Because when I click the cursor changes to acknowledge that I clicked, but nothing opens or loads.

Any ideas? A friend helped me get it in the first place and I don't know how to to find another copy. It's like $500 or else I'd just buy it! Thank you for any tips so I can get back to vidding!

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jen,

I think I've had about every Vegas issue in the book....except this one.

So here are my two guesses:

1)I would guess the file is corrupted.

2) Or it could be a license problem.I know under my license it gives so many computers that it can be used on. There could be a chance that if this license of it has been used too many times, it would not open. Mine allows for a version in use and a back-up- so basically 2 computers. Though my Sony Vegas has outlived 3 computers, so I know the license can be used at least 4 times.

I use Vegas 8 and 11 but I've never had them not open. I've had them throw me out, but that was an issue with my computer's memory.

Usually you would uninstall the program and re-install it.

I'm not sure how to get your copy to start working again.
I would suggest checking out Amazon. I saw they have them for $90- $120. If it doesn't have to be platinum but just movie studio 13, I think it's like $40 there. I saw an upgrade license for movie studio platinum 13 on Ebay for $40.

If you're not ready to purchase one I would suggest the free trials. Amazon has 30 day trials and Sony used to as well. I don't know how Amazon works, but with Sony you could keep sampling versions. When I was trying to decide on a version I got like 90 days of Vegas by sampling different ones. You just have to have your work rendered by the end of the period or it won't let you back in. What I like with the trials is that, at least when I got it, what effects you created in the trial transferred to your program if you decided to buy it.

I hope I have been of some help. I just don't know quite why it would not open at all.

I hope you'll be able to get back into vidding.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!

I hadn't thought to check Amazon...just googled it and saw $500 for Vegas and balked. I can get the $90ish one, it just sucks because I had it for free! haha I wonder what the heck happened...I've only ever used it on this laptop so not sure why it would suddenly stop working. Have you ever heard of the file that opens it being able to be un-corrupted? Haha.

Thanks again!

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:
Thank you so much!!

I hadn't thought to check Amazon...just googled it and saw $500 for Vegas and balked. I can get the $90ish one, it just sucks because I had it for free! haha I wonder what the heck happened...I've only ever used it on this laptop so not sure why it would suddenly stop working. Have you ever heard of the file that opens it being able to be un-corrupted? Haha.

Thanks again!

Glad I could help.

Amazon is where I got both my versions of Vegas from. I find they generally seem to have the best price. Oh, I can understand. I wouldn't want to shell out $500 for it either.

I don't know what would have made it not open all of a sudden. The only other thing I can think of is if some how accidently a component of it has been deleted.

No, I don't think I've heard of a file for Vegas being able to be uncorrupted. I'm sure it's probably possible, but that's way over my head as far as tech knowledge. I've come across different computer cleaning tools that I think are supposed to do something like that, but I don't understand how they work. I had some sort of file cleaning thing on one of my laptops, but I was scared to use it because I was afraid it might delete something by accident. So I'm not sure how you could fix it.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about using a virus scanner to scan that specific file?

I was going to suggest to uninstall and reinstall it but you said it was a free file so that'd probably not work well.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just sucked it up and bought it. It was actually only $64, I found a promo code for $15 off! I bought it from Sony (now Magix) because they had the instant download and I didn't want to wait for a disk. It was official Sony Vegas Pro that was so expensive...Movie Studio isn't that bad and it's all I've ever used so I'm fine with that! If I had known it was so cheap, I would have just bought it earlier. Oops.

Can't wait to get back to vidding! Thanks, guys!!

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Movie Studio Pro is EXPENSIVE.

I need to get what you got, that's not a bad price at all. I have Vegas Movie studio 11. I want more effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: