Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hot Gates" by cappy (The 100)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: "Hot Gates" by cappy (The 100) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Hot Gates" 05-22-2016
A tribute to the Mount Weather Rescue Mission from S2 of The 100.
Fandom: The 100
Song: Hot Gates by Mumford & Sons
Vidder: cappy
Length: 4.07 (433MB MP4)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyo-zjO_UU
https://vimeo.com/167608296

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Lovely video for The 100!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks for watching!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Amazing summary of S2. I've watched like 15 times and I'm still having chills!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Holy moly, Cappy! That was AMAZING!!!! Honestly, SO well done! It gave me goosebumps several times. <3
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much, elora. Always great to get feedback from you. And Lune, I'm so chuffed you've watched this multiple times!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cappy, my friend, that's a truly amazing and powerful vid!
I love your use of the lyrics throughout the whole vid and the editing was so nice & smooth. There wasn't but one part that didn't fit or didn't work.

And like Julia said: I, too, had goosebumps several times while watching (for examples, when the Blakes hugged to the line "but I will love you constantly" or Monty & Jasper "high fiving" when the music kicks off and the action part begins).

So well done, you!

PS: I didn't even know that song! I was disappointed with the few songs that I've heard from the new album and I didn't want to buy it or even listen to the rest. Maybe I should give it a try after all, because this one here is really beautiful (in a very sad way).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Kaja. I avoided using dialogue clips on this vid only because 'The 100' has a heavy background score and it's really hard to get clean clear dialogue clips. So I just focused on getting the lyrics to fit the storyline instead and of course hitting the beats in the music with climatic moments in the storytelling.

Oh and I generally agree about the new Mumfords album, but I still bought it anyway. But 'Hot Gates' is the last song on the album and on my first listen I was like "OMG! THIS! This is what I've been waiting for!" I've been wanting to vid to it ever since, just waiting for the right fandom.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Beautiful tribute, cappy Shame about the dialogue clips but that's understandable when a show has lots of loud music in the background!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Thanks Jemmz. Yeah, I experimented with dialogue clips but the ones I wanted to use just weren't clear enough. Plus, I didn't want to distract from the song lyrics.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Hot Gates by cappy Reply with quote

Fantastic vid! Your lyric use was fantastic. This song was so perfect for the storyline. I haven't seen this show but I was able to follow your story really well and the emotions really came through. Great job!
cappy
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for watching and giving me feedback on my vids, Oceanic! It means so much that the storytelling came through for you especially considering you don't watch the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: