Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2015 CM's Choice Winners!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: 2015 CM's Choice Winners! Reply with quote

We saw many great and creative videos at LVI this past year! They helped us reach 9000 vids! In place of our regular annual tournament, each Council Member has chosen 3 videos that stood out to her. Videos that were submitted between October 1st, 2014 - September 30th, 2015 were eligible. Congratulations to all the winners!

Last edited by Uruviel on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent + Catherine; Stay With Me by tjmack1986

This is a beautiful Beauty and the Beast vid! It tells the story of Cat and Vincent's relationships very well. I like all of the quick cuts that continue the video, to me that is the sign of a well-edited vid. The song is a good choice for this couple. Tammy has done a great job with this!

Here Comes The King - Jurassic Park Tribute by KajaM

This video is so exciting! The music is absolutely perfect for a Jurassic Park vid. The editing and beat use are great. There are so many really good actiony moments in this! Karolina has done a great job of using clips from the old movies and incorporating them in with the new movie. Excellent work!

Sleeping Hook AU | Everybody wants to rule the World by StarcrossedJedis

This is a great example of an AU vid that tells a good story. The manips were so well done, it looks like it could be an actual show/movie! The music was very haunting and the coloring added to that. The ending scene was excellent. Great work!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate and Beth | crossover by Guzik90ab

Is it any surprise all three of my picks are AU! Guzik/Aga is one of my fave vidders on LVI. I believe one of her crossovers won last year, so it's no surprise she continues to tell unique and entertaining stories that just keep on fascinating me! I love Lost AUs, so this appealed to me immediately! And this video came first place in our Lost Anniversary “Unanswered Questions” contest so it was bound to be a winner for me. I really enjoy any type of Lost AU, but to explore one of the many unanswered questions of the series - such as Who is Beth? - really intrigued me. For a vidder to make an entire video based around the existence of an unseen character who was mentioned once in the pilot and never again is impressive, but to see that invisible character take on a life of her own – to have her own story and life and presence – really captivated me! First off, I love the casting. Emily Blunt as Beth would have been truly awesome, and I think she is part of the reason I emotionally connect with Beth as a character. Next, the relationship between Kate and Beth is so real and heartbreaking! I really love the manip of Kate watching Beth dance to Driveshaft, followed by Beth's spiral downwards and Kate's distress at the sight of her friend's suffering. You really do get the sense that they are close. The music is so soft and gentle too. And to take it from the Lost soundtrack is even better, because it really does make it feel like an episode or flashback we missed on the show, helped by the fact that the manipulations are so strong and realistic. I have to say, I love the little scene of Kate licking a spoon and Beth having hers on her nose! And, of course, any mention of Driveshaft since we know Beth is so obsessed with them And another bonus? We get to find out what happened with Kevin! I really enjoyed that little collision of two people from Kate's past. And it's wonderful that they could find happiness in each other. And Beth seeing Kate on the television with the Oceanic 6 intrigues me even more! Will Kate be happy to see her friend again? What will she think of her marrying Kevin? The ending brings even more questions, in true Lost style! Love it and honestly deserving of a CM's Choice! Well done!

Teen Wolf/The Walking Dead Crossover part 2 by aradnea

Aradnea is another of those vidders I can't get enough of! I'm so happy she continues to submit such beautiful and elaborate videos to the site. I was so excited to see this one submitted. Two of my favourite shows and for such an awesome and tragic couple! I adore AUs like this, that take two characters from completely different worlds, put them together to tell a brand new story. And it just worked. I love Stiles, so I'd pair him with anyone and still enjoy it, but he and Beth just moulded together so well. The emotion this vid brings is immense right from the start! The music is beautiful and sets the atmosphere so well. This is another video with fantastic manips that help to really sell the story and the relationship between the two characters. I really get Stiles' concern for Beth throughout the whole thing. And Beth saving Stiles at 1:30 was awesome! I absolutely love the two of them waking up at that creepy hospital! But of course this had to end in tragedy! I actually have a hard time believing Stiles WASN'T in that death scene, it looked so real! Which makes it all the more devastating. But that's what makes me love it even more to be honest. Angst, angst, angst! Gorgeous video, Ali, I hope you make many many many more!

Calls Me Home by Ninu

Nina, you know you're one of my favourite vidders! I picked you last time! But I had to pick you again because every year you keep making these seamless videos that I fall in love with. I may be biased since this was for my contest, but I don't think I am! I really do think this was one of the best of the best posted here over the year, because of the amount of hard work and creativity that must have gone in to this. Once Upon a Time is another series I love to see people play around with in terms of AU and storytelling, so this was a real treat to watch! Furthermore, the Emma and Elsa sister theory I know seemed to be a favourite among fans so I really enjoyed watching that play out in your video. I like Georgina Haig and I liked Elsa, so it was fun to see a video with her in with a different backstory too! And I really loved the story you came up with. Regina taking Elsa from her parents at such a young age was a really cool idea, and seeing Elsa's life play out as a result of that was really fun, even though sad for Elsa! I loved being able to see her in the real world though and what might have happened to her, and also seeing Emma come to her rescue. The song is absolutely beautiful too. I know it was for the lyric round, so it was a lovely choice, and the lyric use is fab of course! “I'm coming home from all the places I have been” is perfectly interpreted, showing all that Elsa has been through, and her finally coming home to her real family And the hug at the end is sooo wonderful. I really liked how you ended it, with ALL the Storybrooke characters going home to the Enchanted Forest and finding happiness together. A stunning vid and I wouldn't expect anything less from such a talented vidder! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future, AU or not!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartlines I Outlander by i.luv.telenovelas

I picked this video by i.luv.telenovelas because, to me, it’s an outstanding example of how fancy effects can be used well. I loved the atmosphere of the video; the clip choices, editing style, colouring, effects, and transitions all worked seamlessly together to really complement the music. I was intrigued by the video and was kept totally riveted to the end.

I especially liked how i.luv.telenovelas handled the pacing of the song, changing her editing style to suit. Like at the part around 1:20, just as the music has picked up again, she used an unusual effect which was really cool to watch. This was one of the videos which really stuck out in my mind this year. Well done!

Monkey in a Zoo by cappy

Cappy’s ‘Monkey in a Zoo” video is a very different type of video than we usually see here on LVI. Whilst we get Actor Tributes every now and again, this was much more than a tribute, it showed the evolution of Russell Brand’s public image; it told a story.

I thought the music choice was brilliant, and really suited his personality and the story which was being told. The audio choices were well placed, and carefully chosen. You don’t have to be a fan of Russell Brand to appreciate it, it’s a fantastic video and a pleasure to watch!

Still Mine - Unchained Melody (Jate) by scarlett_106

I loved the slow, sweet simplicity of this video by scarlet_106. When I re-watched the videos from this year to chose my picks, I clearly remembered the first time I watched this video, and the warm nostalgic feeling it gave me.

It’s such a beautiful Jate video with smooth edits and gorgeous visuals. The soft overlay gives the video a lovely romantic feel, and the clip choices showed such lovely moments between the two characters. The pacing is well timed, I particularly like how the video is edited to fit with he crescendo if the song around 2:50. It was such a beautiful tribute, awesome job!

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destinies by Britt Britt

There are so many amazing LOST videos here at LVI, I'm always blown away when vidders find new and interesting ways to showcase the story. Britt Britt's tribute to John Locke and Benjamin Linus was one of my favorites this past year. I love the way it parallels their birth stories, followed by their childhoods, then their adult struggles, and finally their roles in the mysteries of the island. This video reminded me of why I loved LOST in the first place.

Skye/Daisy Johnson-Different by DJC Productions

I love vids that show the evolution of a character or story arc, especially when they highlight the running threads, recurring themes, and subtle parallels lurking just beyond the surface. Dennis is a master at this type of video, and his tribute to Skye's evolution into Daisy/Quake on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is one of his most masterful of these kinds of vids yet. I've watched it so many times I've lost count.

You Cut Her Hair // Regina Mills by i.luv.telenovelas

AU vids are another favorite of mine, especially when they take the plot of a show or movie and turn it on its head. i.luv.telenovelas pulls off a genius plot reinterpretation here, with this AU take on Once Upon a Time, where being the Evil Queen is just a figment of Regina's imagination. The clips tell the tale beautifully and believably, making you feel sorry for her but creeped out at the same time. The song lyrics add the finishing touch that make this video an example of excellent AU.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erica/Ryan - Rule The World by Ninu

Not enough people watched V, let alone vid with Erica! And it's so perfect for vidding Elizabeth Mitchell Even though I've not watched The Following, it's definitely on my list and this vid made me want to watch even more. Although I will be a little disappointed that Elizabeth Mitchell isn't in it! This is my favourite sort of crossover video because the manipulated scenes are seamless, but it has that extra layer of awesome to it with the matching audio scenes that just fit perfectly. Like Erica saying "No more lies" and speaking about Joe and of course saying Ryan's name. Add to that the colouring which also melds the scenes and this is such a creative story. There's no point in the video that makes the viewer pause or wonder if the scenes are manipped (even though they are) because it all fits so well. Definitely one of my favourites for the year!

wouldn't that save you? | wolfgang & kala by FaradayLinus

This is one of those videos I love even though I'm completely unfamiliar with the fandom. It's definitely another one that's on my list to watch as I've only heard good things about it. I try to keep from watching Sense8 videos until I'm caught up so I won't spoil myself, but this particular one grabbed me because of the song choice. This is my favourite Matt Perryman Jones song and my favourite lyric is the title of the song. So I just had to watch it. The song is so atmospheric, I knew the video would just be fab. And I was right! I love how at the start it was as though Wolfgang was singing the song to Kala, and this comes to a head at the end with the manip at about 1:06 when Kaya has those tears in her eyes and Wolfgang just looks like he wants to help her. The repetition of the "wouldn't that save you?" lyric as well as using it as text on the video at the end further enhances the emotion between these two and the text is overlayed over a perfect scene of them close to each other. This is one of those videos that, when I was thinking about my CM's Choice picks, I always came back to. Well done!!

Don't think I could forgive you - O13 by nikkimonique

The thing I love most about Nikki's crossover videos is her seemingly innate ability to tell such a complex story with two different fandoms/characters. I know this is a ship that Nikki herself came up with and wholeheartedly loves vidding them, and I think that love for the pair comes through in her videos. Don't Think I Could Forgive You is a great example of this. The manipped scenes like the phone conversation and the arguments create the mood for the relationship between the Olivia's in this video. And at the end, the viewer has an actual reaction to this unreal relationship not resolving. It's masterful storytelling. In addition, the song is one I still get stuck in my head and it makes me want to rewatch the vid when I do! Also, by using a song with heavy beats, Nikki demonstrates that story is just as, if not more, important with crossovers than effects. Another clear favourite of mine for a CM's Choice

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations everyone!!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Gosh!! Thanks so much for the CM Choice! Congrats to all the other winners as well!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picks! Congratulations to all the winners.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Ninu
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all the kind words
I'm really surprised my AU video is among the winners, cause I prefer crossovers and I always thought I suck in AUs... Which makes the surprise just... Awww
Jemma, it was your contest that triggered those loads of creativity in me, those I had no idea were there I'm looking forward to participate in another one of your contests!
Kat, thank you so much! All those things you said are like THE things a crossover vidder wants to hear <3

Congratulations to everyone!

Guzik90ab
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! thank you so so so so much! Nina just let me know to check out LVI forum and WOW! I'm so happy that someone could enjoy one of my videos so much. It was such a pleasure to read a beautiful comment like that ;D
and the banner is sooooooooo amazing! and it's purple!
I promise I'm gonna be more active, cause now I feel bad that I'm here so rarely xD

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome girls! It's well deserved! I always love to see any AUs by you ❤
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, has it really been so long since I've last stopped by?

Thank you so much for the pick, Heather!! I'm very happy you liked the vid so much!

And thanks for that amazing banner too! I makes me giggle, so awesome!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wayyyy late to see this but thanks Julia! You're always way to kind to me and my vids. Congrats to everyone else.

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Dennis! I'm so glad you got to see it. Looking forward to your new creations in the coming year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: