Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard)" by scarlett

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: "All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard)" by scarlett Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard)" 05-10-2015
A little vidlet Ive been wanting to do for a while now, focusing on how Jacks relationships with Aaron and then David helped him work through his daddy issues. It was really satisfying, as a Jack fan, to see him find peace and be able to let go of the d
Fandom: Lost
Song: Where the Boats Go by M83
Vidder: scarlett_106
Length: 1:44 (107 MB mp4)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2__KuQQdDDs

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Great Jack vid!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

That was beautiful!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! I really enjoyed making this because I adore Jack, and I really loved that part of his journey (fatherhood and daddy issues). Thanks for viewing and commenting!

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Fantastic vid, Jen! I thought this was really original. I've not really seen this side of Jack's story vidded before. I loved the parallels between Aaron and David. The voice overs were spot on. I really liked how you used Christian telling Jack he didn't have what it takes to apply to Jack being a father. I also liked how you used the part where Hurley asks why Jack and Kate didn't have kids. I also liked the part where David said he did not want Jack to see him fail paired with Christian and Jack's relationship where he did not want Jack to fail. This was really well executed and very layered. Excellent vid!
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Story beautifully told. Oh, how I miss Losties and their stories. And as Macaila said, it's really original to show this side of Jack's history. The music choice gave the video this special mood that I love. Plus all the voiceovers. Overall amazingly done
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Oh, lovely! I never really thought that much about David being a resolution to Jack's daddy issues, so it was great to see a video illustrating that in more detail. Love the use of voice overs. I kind of miss Daddy!Jack. Lovely vid
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Oh, lovely! I never really thought that much about David being a resolution to Jack's daddy issues, so it was great to see a video illustrating that in more detail. Love the use of voice overs. I kind of miss Daddy!Jack. Lovely vid
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: All the Best Cowboys (Jack Shephard) by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

This was really great. Though I've never been an overly huge Jack fan (always did like Sawyer more), this video showed a great difference to the character, and really made think of all the different layers there were too his character. Which, is one of my favorite things about Lost. The characters were always more than they seemed. There were always so many different layers to every character. Thanks for making such a beautiful Jack video that made me realize why I liked his character to begin with!!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3852 wrote:
Fantastic vid, Jen! I thought this was really original. I've not really seen this side of Jack's story vidded before. I loved the parallels between Aaron and David. The voice overs were spot on. I really liked how you used Christian telling Jack he didn't have what it takes to apply to Jack being a father. I also liked how you used the part where Hurley asks why Jack and Kate didn't have kids. I also liked the part where David said he did not want Jack to see him fail paired with Christian and Jack's relationship where he did not want Jack to fail. This was really well executed and very layered. Excellent vid!

Thank you!! Your reviews are always so thorough, and so helpful! The VO's kind of came to me because Jack's journey with his daddy issues always really struck me for some reason...it was just so central to who he was and his insecurities as a leader, partner to Kate, father to Aaron (and David), etc. I just really got inspired to explore that side of Jack!

3898 wrote:
Story beautifully told. Oh, how I miss Losties and their stories. And as Macaila said, it's really original to show this side of Jack's history. The music choice gave the video this special mood that I love. Plus all the voiceovers. Overall amazingly done

Thanks so much! I love the music, too, when I first heard it I knew I wanted to do a Lost vid to it...and then Jack's story kind of took over my vision. I agree, Lost had the best stories. Just so many layers over the years--to see Jack in s6 finally working through the issues addressed in early s1, with Christian and "I don't have what it takes." Such amazing storytelling!

2181 wrote:

I love Daddy!Jack and that's why this vid was really special to make! I loved seeing him like that (aw I just realized I'm echoing what Kate said, "I love seeing you with him" awwwwwww). It was so healing for him to have Aaron and then later, David, to heal himself of his own daddy issues and prove that he was a good father. Thanks so much for the comments!

3689 wrote:
This was really great. Though I've never been an overly huge Jack fan (always did like Sawyer more), this video showed a great difference to the character, and really made think of all the different layers there were too his character. Which, is one of my favorite things about Lost. The characters were always more than they seemed. There were always so many different layers to every character. Thanks for making such a beautiful Jack video that made me realize why I liked his character to begin with!!

What an honor to make a non-Jack fan like Jack (or at least remember the good things about him haha)! I adore Jack more than any character I've ever "met," so I"m happy I could show an aspect of his journey. I really do think his arc is the best on the show...to see him work through these daddy issues, his insecurities as a leader, his "god complex"/need to fix things, and to come to the point in s5 and then again in s6 where he can truly LET GO. It's beautiful to see. I plan on doing another Jack vid soon, focusing more on Jack's arc toward the island--he was so against the whole "destiny" thing for years and then to hear him say "We have to go back" and to admit that Locke was right about everything..wow. Just such amazing development. I agree, that's what makes Lost so great! Thanks so much for watching and commenting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: