Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Destinies" by Britt Britt (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Britt Britt
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: "Destinies" by Britt Britt (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Destinies" 04-24-2015
A comparison of Locke and Ben and how their destinies collided.
Fandom: Lost
Song: Vicious Tradidtions by The Veils
Vidder: Britt Britt
Length: 4:59 (258.2 mb m4v)

Link(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bfMeRMz50
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9whxun

scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost eerily perfect...I never noticed so many of these parallels--their mothers giving birth, their fathers hating them, both of them with Smokey and the island and destiny, both of them with Widmore, both of them moving the island and ending up back on the mainland. WOW. You chose the absolute perfect clips, and the lyric interpretation was so uncannily perfect--"change your name" when you showed the passports, for example. Just amazing how perfectly you know these two characters and their connections!

On a technical note, excellent beat use and great pacing--I got chills during the rise in the song when you showed both men breaking down, I loved the faster pace. I like that your coloring isn't distracting. The voiceovers were a little low, wish they had been louder, but they were perfectly chosen.

Love that you ended on a positive note with their reunion in the sideways. It could have been a depressing vid but wasn't because of that...the song was perfect, the clip choice was beyond perfect. GREAT vid! Make more Lost vids! It's so great seeing fresh ones, and it's obvious you know the show very well and are a great vidder. I hope to see more from you soon!

Britt Britt
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. This was the first vid I used audio from the show, so I wasn't sure whether to mess with the levels. heh, I didn't realize how depressing it was, those characters had really depressing lives though.
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

WOW! That was really well done! I've never seen such a comprehensive tribute to Locke and Ben, and you did a fantastic job with it. As Scarlett pointed out, so many awesome parallels and connections. Great job!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

That was fab! I didn't realise there were so many parallels between these two characters! Really interesting!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

That was great!!! Cool to see the comparisons of these characters.
aradnea
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

I love some good parallels and here is so many that I didn't ever notice before. I love the song too, I felt like a lot of the lyrics were fitting perfectly. I love the intensity that was growing throughout this whole video and the last scene broke my heart again. Great great job. You should totally upload more videos!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Destinies by Britt Britt Reply with quote

Awesome vid. I have been wanting to watch this for ages. Loved the part at 0:48 with teen Locke to adult Locke saying "don't tell me what I can't do" "Dance with the devil in beautiful buildings" with the smoke monster surrounding Ben was great lyric use. 3:00 I liked the parallel between young Ben seeing young Widmore to Ben seeing Widmore. Loved the way you mixed the scenes of them waking in Tunisia. I really liked the lyric "fight your way out of this one" with Ben killing Locke mixed with their struggles. This was really well done. Great job showing the similarities between these two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: