Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Rattlesnake Smile" - Sawyer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: "Rattlesnake Smile" - Sawyer Reply with quote

# "Rattlesnake Smile" 2005-02-21
If you love Sawyer, you will LOVE this.
# Song: Rattlesnake Smile by Kane
Vidder: LithiumDoll
Length: 4:37 (24MB WMV)
Link: http://www.alter-idem.com/vids/48.zip

One of the best vids on the site.

Last edited by Hobbes on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this. I guess I haven't seen your others, but this video definitely ranks up there in my top five.

Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I LOVE how you have an effect for almost every beat! It's fantastic!

Absolutely amazing job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LithiumDoll
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the lovely comments, I'm glad the vid was enjoyed

Last edited by LithiumDoll on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We strongly frown upon clip theft. Either e-mail us or PM me with which video it is and we'll deal with the situation immediately.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. It was quite obvious the vidder was using clips from many different vids. Rattlesnake Smile is a great video Lithium Doll!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We strongly discourage clip theft but unfortunately due to the enormous numbers of videos we watch it is difficult for us to catch things like that.

If you see a video that you think was made through clip theft please let us know and we will review the video(s) in question and take the appropriate action to remedy the situation.

LithiumDoll, I know I told you this through PM but I'm going to say it again. Your videos are really cool!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it out, and it's unmistakable clip theft. The said video is being removed as we speak, and I'd just like to thank you for pointing this out to us LithiumDoll, and whoever tipped you off on it. We go through a lot of vids here, and the said vid came about 25 videos sooner than "Rattlesnake Smile". naturally, we wouldn't remember anything from that video after a week and 25 vids later, especially with it not being too memorable a video in the first place but nontheless, terribly sorry that this happened here, and biggest appologies to you . We'll see what we'll do about the said video, but to the vidder's defense, it was his/her first sent-in vid, so it's likely that he/she was just a beginner that didn't know anything about clip theft.

Anyway, thank you for pointing that out to us, and if it happens again, please imform us as soon as possible, and we'll deal with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vid in questions has been taken down. So sorry we didn't catch that.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response, it's nice to know site policy is against stuff like that. It's no big thing, on my end - I know it's impossible to be 100% sure of stuff (especially when it comes in reverse order *g*) and I know people starting out in vidding often don't catch all the etiquette rules.

I already emailed the vidder in question and helped them out with finding clips - I'm not mad about it, it happens.
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be happening to you a lot lately though doesn't it? LOL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LithiumDoll
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only assume all the effects make the vids all bright, shiny and irresistable to a magpie gene present in new vidders.

Or, you know, it's a ratio thing. I have over 50 vids out there, it was gonna happen sooner or later. I prefer the magpie theory though. I dig the mad skience.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to dislike Sawyer because I didn't know his backstory and after "Confidence man" I realized he is neither worse nor better than any of the other castaways.

Your vid captures a lot of Sawyer's "faces." He has been through a lot and yet still has the one driving hope that he will get off the island and eventually find the real Sawyer. Some of the flashing seemed a little over the top at times but heck I can't do that effect so maybe I'm just jealous. My favorite part was the "come over here and give me a kiss" WHACK - part.

I agree that this wasn't the usual knock-my-socks-off let-me-catch-my-breath vid I've seen from you LD but it did definately send the Sawyer message across.

Thanks for sharing this.

My lost music vids
LithiumDoll
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. This shares a slot with one other vid I've done of being split - people either really like it or just kinda stare blankly. Spice of life and all that jazz

MoreLight wrote:
...I can't do that effect...

If it's something your software can't do, that's one thing, but it you want a method to translate into Vegas I'm always happy to do a tut on any of the effects in my vids
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could do a tut on this or point me in the direction of a tut you've done for the effect I would be most appreciative. I am certain my editor can do 98% of the effects I've seen in every vid I've viewed. I can also state that 98% of tutorials I've attempted have ended up with me wondering how going from Step 3 to Step 4 results in something resembling what Locke was carving up in the ep "..in translation." When you see the ep you'll understand what I mean.

Cliffnotes answer -> Yes please do a tutorial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: