Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black line at bottom of vid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject: Black line at bottom of vid? Reply with quote

Hi, so this is a weird problem. I've noticed there's a thin black line at the bottom of all my clips in a vid. Maybe it's how I made the clips somehow? My question is, what's the quickest way to remove it--should I pan/crop and zoom in on each clip a bit? If so, is there a way to do it for the entire track so I don't have to manually crop each clip?

I''d prefer not to have to zoom anyway, because some clips are tight and I don't want to cut anything off. Can anyone think of a way to remove the black line aside from that? Maybe it's a setting I have in my Vegas or something??

Thank you!

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what would cause that. When I've had those little black lines I've always had them on top and bottom.I don't know of any way to pan/crop the whole track. If you use an effect then you can apply that to the whole track, but I don't think you can with pan/crop.

One thing you could try is go to pan/crop, right click on the image, it'll give you about 5 options. Click on the one that says "match output aspect". It is a fast way to zoom in. If it's a widescreen clip it will zoom into the center. If it is a more square clip then it'll just zoom in a tad, you'll hardly notice it usually. That would be enough to remove the black line without losing hardly any of the scene. Occasionally you have to click that and still zoom just a bit, but I've found it cuts down a lot of the work. I use it all the time when my clips don't quite seem to fit the frame and have the black lines on top and bottom.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Micaila! I tried that but for some reason, it doesn't change my image at all. I'm wondering if it's a problem with one of my settings or something. I once changed a few settings when I was experimenting with "side by side" images in the same frame. Maybe that messed it up? But it's on every single clip (the black line) and the match output thing doesn't seem to do anything. I can manually zoom in but I feel like it's noticeable (compared to the original frame). Ugh! I wish I knew why this was happening!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:
Thanks, Micaila! I tried that but for some reason, it doesn't change my image at all. I'm wondering if it's a problem with one of my settings or something. I once changed a few settings when I was experimenting with "side by side" images in the same frame. Maybe that messed it up? But it's on every single clip (the black line) and the match output thing doesn't seem to do anything. I can manually zoom in but I feel like it's noticeable (compared to the original frame). Ugh! I wish I knew why this was happening!

Yeah, match output can be temperamental like that sometimes. I've that problem with it too.

Have you tried opening the original clip(s) in another program like Movie Maker? That would be a good way to see if the black line is caused by a setting in Vegas or if it is something to do with the clips themselves.

If it is the clips themselves, you could maybe experiment with Borders, under the Video FX tab. That would be a way to preserve your clip but mask the black line. Another thing is you could maybe make the clips wide screen by going to Pan/crop and where it says "untitled" you can change that to the wide screen setting. That would make the line just blend in with the bottom part of the wide screen.

Macaila

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: