Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Change of Time" by scarlett_106 (Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: "Change of Time" by scarlett_106 (Lost) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Change of Time" 01-22-2015
The most important part in the survivors lives was their time on the island, with each other. This vid is my attempt at showing why Lost means so much to so many people--these intense, inspiring, heartbreaking moments that we lived through with these cha
Fandom: Lost
Song: Change of Time by Josh Ritter
Vidder: scarlett_106
Length: 4:05 (238 MB MP4)

Link(s): http://youtu.be/ln_6ygtRuxU
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/oaojglt5hlthqn3/Change_of_Time_FINAL.mp4

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Change of Time by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

That was really beautiful! I never would have thought of this song for an ensemble Lost video, but something about it works really well. I think it's just the overall "ups and downs of life" feel of the lyrics, and that is definitely a major theme in Lost. You picked all the best scenes to encapsulate the humanity of the characters and their situation. Great job!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Change of Time by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

That was really beautiful! I never would have thought of this song for an ensemble Lost video, but something about it works really well. I think it's just the overall "ups and downs of life" feel of the lyrics, and that is definitely a major theme in Lost. You picked all the best scenes to encapsulate the humanity of the characters and their situation. Great job!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for watching and commenting! I first heard this song on an episode of Parenthood, and something about it reminded me of Lost. I think it was the montage-y feel to it, and the intense "climax" of the song that reminded me of some of the more dramatic moments of Lost. I also felt that some of the lyrics fit really well and tried to show that with my clips.

Thanks again!

Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me feel very nostalgic for Lost.

"I had a dream last night." with Jack's eye opening and then the scenes of his first day on the island were great.

I liked how for the lyric "direction" you had Charlie writing Fate on his hand. That was neat lyric interpretation.

0:21, that lyric was perfect for them hearing the smoke monster the first time.

I really loved 0:41 where you went back and forth between Boone's death and Aaron's birth.That is such an iconic and emotional Lost moment.

Loved that at 0:54 the hatch light came on with the beat.

1:03, "the lonely" with Kate and her plane was perfect. I also thought 1:05 with Juliet was very fitting. Sawyer with his letter for "the lonely" was also a great clip choice.

"It tasted so familiar" with the Jate kiss was great.

I loved the way you mixed happy moments and sad moments. Like Shannon looking at the picture of her and Boone and then the happy moment of Sun and Jin reunited.

I also really liked the section where Jack and Kate fought to save Charlie paralleled with Sun and Jin's death and Juliet's death. That was very emotional.

"I could make it if I tried, I closed my eyes and kept on swimming." That was such a perfect lyric for Charlie's death.

3:20 the comparison of Jack lying in the jungle in The End with that of the Pilot was very powerful.

I love that it ends with Jack closing his eye and the lyric "it's only a change of time." It's just a really cool idea that even though Jack dies, it shouldn't be sad, it's just a "change of time". He lives on in another way.

This was such a beautiful vid. I was really impressed with how many of Lost's most emotional and memorable moments you captured in your vid. This was a lovely tribute to Lost.

Icon and Sigs by Tammy
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the comments, Macaila! I really appreciate it. I'm glad you picked up on the Life and Death callback with Boone's death and Aaron's birth, I always thought that was one of the most powerful moments of the series (the montage of those two scenes) so I wanted to show that.

Vidding this made me nostalgic for Lost, too! Rewatching the series this past summer/fall was so cathartic to me. It felt like coming home. Now I have all these vid ideas. It's sad because Lost vids just don't get much attention or many views...but it's still worth it to me, because I love it so much. I lose myself when making the vids and am almost transported to the island. I wish!

Thanks again for the comments!

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Change of Time by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Wonderful tribute! The song was perfect. I agree, nice scene choices. Definitely made me nostalgic for Lost
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Change of Time by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Great Lost video! You chose great scenes to highlight the best moments of Lost.
namaste nikki
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Change of Time by scarlett_106 Reply with quote

Amazing! Very well done.
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, everyone! I chose the clips that spoke the most to me. It was hard because the entire show meant so much to me (and all of us)...hard to select only enough moments for a vid! It was really cathartic to make this vid because it brought all my Lost love to the surface (although to be honest, it wasn't very buried lol especially since I just rewatched the entire series this past fall).

Thanks for the comments! Means so much to get feedback.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: